HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Why do players only sign for us for money ????

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #15 on: 29 Sep 2012, 01:52:54 pm
So signing with both clubs means the player holds no responsibility for any if this?
« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2012, 01:54:53 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline watchfromdistance

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 29 Sep 2012, 01:54:01 pm
 feel sorry for smith and sice what must they be thinking over this debacle, WE ARE NOT WANTED or at least one of them isnt ! fill your players full of confidence and make them feel wanted NOT !

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #17 on: 29 Sep 2012, 02:12:56 pm
So signing with both clubs means the player holds no responsibility for any if this?

Of course he has some culpability, mainly based on naiivity, but he isn't the only one in this whole saga. Lets just say that his 'signing' for us was questionable to say the least and leave it at that. The RFL have ruled ours wasn't a valid signing, Town have let the matter rest there, that's the end of it. But to put all of the blame on the player is just completely and utterly wrong that's all.

robstone

Reply #18 on: 29 Sep 2012, 02:26:08 pm
feel sorry for smith and sice what must they be thinking over this debacle, WE ARE NOT WANTED or at least one of them isnt ! fill your players full of confidence and make them feel wanted NOT !
the idea could of been to put sicey into half back role and use matty and smith as hookers so not that we didnt want either sicey or smith.

Offline splodge99

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 29 Sep 2012, 02:53:20 pm
SO matty's only fault is naivity?  This is a grown man, not a 16 year old kid!  Whether the contract he signed with us was valid or not, only he knows what game he was playing.  Playing games to get the most money? Who knows.

I find it surprising that he was evn considering coming back to this club, after the bad feelings he had towards people at the club, and particularly after the way he celebrated towns victories this year.  One might think he not only has it in for certain people on the board but also the fans.

I, like most fans, can understand why he left the club but why does he seem to treat us with so much contempt?

Sorry but I think he has lost a lot of respect from a lot of people regarding this... maybe including his own team mates. 

Offline skidaw

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 29 Sep 2012, 02:59:41 pm
Tommy gun what exactly did the Bod do that was "improper"?

If the Haven BOD.s  have done nothing wrong why have they dropped any claim into Matty being a Haven player?

I don't understand this even if Matty wouldn't play for us. They could stop him from playing for Town or even better demand a transfer fee from any club wanting to sign him.

I think a Haven BOD should make an official statement why they have dropped any claim on Mattinson.

robstone

Reply #21 on: 29 Sep 2012, 03:02:16 pm
the whole thing could of been a attempt at getting back at those he thought had treat him wrongly when he was a haven player,if like away the brow says its all havens fault why hasnt matty spoke up and explained all?????????? the guy is more than to blame for all of this.like ive said pleased hes not in the chocbluegold next season or ever again.the club has dropped the case on instruction from the rfl.   

Offline skidaw

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 29 Sep 2012, 03:10:04 pm
the whole thing could of been a attempt at getting back at those he thought had treat him wrongly when he was a haven player,if like away the brow says its all havens fault why hasnt matty spoke up and explained all?????????? the guy is more than to blame for all of this.like ive said pleased hes not in the chocbluegold next season or ever again.the club has dropped the case on instruction from the rfl.   

Why have the RFL instructed Haven to drop the case?

I cannot see where away the brow says its Havens fault which topic is it on?
« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2012, 03:13:23 pm by skidaw »

Popularsider13

Reply #23 on: 29 Sep 2012, 03:20:55 pm
Maybe Matty is showing your club some respect by not going public about what went on.

robstone

Reply #24 on: 29 Sep 2012, 03:28:13 pm

Why have the RFL instructed Haven to drop the case?

I cannot see where away the brow says its Havens fault which topic is it on?
hes posted on the clown site that its all havens fault

robstone

Reply #25 on: 29 Sep 2012, 03:29:09 pm
Maybe Matty is showing your club some respect by not going public about what went on.
like he did when kissing the town badge then!! not likely :shake:

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #26 on: 29 Sep 2012, 03:31:49 pm
Tommy gun what exactly did the Bod do that was "improper"?

If the Haven BOD.s  have done nothing wrong why have they dropped any claim into Matty being a Haven player?

I don't understand this even if Matty wouldn't play for us. They could stop him from playing for Town or even better demand a transfer fee from any club wanting to sign him.

I think a Haven BOD should make an official statement why they have dropped any claim on Mattinson.

Mmmmm a Statement from the board, is that a pig I see flying by, it ain't going to happen, another cock up by RC. The bloke is incompetent, and should step down right away. This Board goes from one mistake to another, but are stuck with their heads in the sand.

YW

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #27 on: 29 Sep 2012, 03:35:43 pm

Because we never signed him, well not by legal means anyway, and we'd have been laughed out of court if we'd tried to prevent him from playing for someone else. The BOD know this full well, hence the deafening silence and the lack of any protest at the RFL's decision.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #28 on: 29 Sep 2012, 03:36:01 pm
Being a town player, and wanting to sign for haven doesn't say much about his initial desire to stay with town.

Add to that the number of town matches he chose to miss and his period out of the game when he wanted to 'get his head sorted out' suggests to me that he has never been comfortable at town, and decided he wanted out of it by 're-signing' for haven.

I still say Woods wasn't keen when he found out and Mattinson simply scuttled back to town as quick as to save himself embarresment.

Why did the RFL 'tell' haven to back off ?  They didn't...quite simply haven hadn't a fully completed contract, because they were waiting for Woods to OK the deal...which he chose not to.

It's so simple really. Only Matty looks daft.

Popularsider13

Reply #29 on: 29 Sep 2012, 03:36:17 pm
like he did when kissing the town badge then!! not likely :shake:

I remember he had to come on here to defend himself and a topic was ditched after he had been c*nted off. Can you blame him kissing the Town badge? It'll taste much nicer than your sour grapes!