HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Why do players only sign for us for money ????

Popularsider13

Reply #30 on: 29 Sep 2012, 03:38:15 pm
Being a town player, and wanting to sign for haven doesn't say much about his initial desire to stay with town.

Add to that the number of town matches he chose to miss and his period out of the game when he wanted to 'get his head sorted out' suggests to me that he has never been comfortable at town, and decided he wanted out of it by 're-signing' for haven.

I still say Woods wasn't keen when he found out and Mattinson simply scuttled back to town as quick as to save himself embarresment.

Why did the RFL 'tell' haven to back off ?  They didn't...quite simply haven hadn't a fully completed contract, because they were waiting for Woods to OK the deal...which he chose not to.

It's so simple really. Only Matty looks daft.

I take it there are no mirrors in your house?

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #31 on: 29 Sep 2012, 03:40:42 pm
He can always come back on and talk us through it...I know who's version he would have to confirm.

Plenty of mirrors by the way, so I know who I see.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #32 on: 29 Sep 2012, 03:43:40 pm
If we offers him a big sl contract then town broke the bank to get him well they say Nowt us spending big on players in all honesty they can have him they have probably used a hell of a lot of their salary on him a class player but a bullet dodged as he hasn't been the same player for town as he was with us

robstone

Reply #33 on: 29 Sep 2012, 03:45:29 pm
popularsider your lot have done nowt but blame haven for this when really there is only on person to blame and thats the lad himself,obvious he didnt want to stay at town but then realised he wasnt flavour at haven and run back to town with his tail betwen his legs.just face it hes shown himself right up.up the haven onwards and upwards without matty  :bow: :bow:

larlad

Reply #34 on: 29 Sep 2012, 04:20:58 pm
erm if haven ar nt to blame why ar'nt the board doing any thing about it , why do you think the rfl av said rip up the so called contract , hmmmm nowt to do with the fact both town and matty av said that they dont want it to go any further , think yourselves very luck , and stop blaming others eh  :nod:

Popularsider13

Reply #35 on: 29 Sep 2012, 04:27:12 pm
Choccy where have Town blamed your clubs shoddy dealings? we are as a club better than that and all it would do is drag the name of Cumbrian rugby league down. You are happy to blame the player even though your club has failed to clarify the situation to its fans, www.shoddycommunications.com/haven

The player wanted the best deal for himself and his family, something we would all want and he would be doing a disservice to them by not. If you believe your coach is the reason why you dropped the claim on him then you must also question his competencies as rugby league coach because the player is far better than what you have.

As for not wanting to stay at Town well plenty of players have been happy to re-sign this season, Matty has along with Thacks, Stack, Shacks, Miller, Olstrum, Rooney (one or two of which were signing for your mob according to some on here)....of course money is involved but it may be other reasons added to this like how they are looked after.

robstone

Reply #36 on: 29 Sep 2012, 04:30:41 pm
Choccy where have Town blamed your clubs shoddy dealings? we are as a club better than that and all it would do is drag the name of Cumbrian rugby league down. You are happy to blame the player even though your club has failed to clarify the situation to its fans, www.shoddycommunications.com/haven

The player wanted the best deal for himself and his family, something we would all want and he would be doing a disservice to them by not. If you believe your coach is the reason why you dropped the claim on him then you must also question his competencies as rugby league coach because the player is far better than what you have.

As for not wanting to stay at Town well plenty of players have been happy to re-sign this season, Matty has along with Thacks, Stack, Shacks, Miller, Olstrum, Rooney (one or two of which were signing for your mob according to some on here)....of course money is involved but it may be other reasons added to this like how they are looked after.
town havent just their fans with half a brain cell between them, cant see past your blinkered eyelids.COME ON THEN MATTY WHOS FAULT WAS IT???? WE ARE WAITING.

robstone

Reply #37 on: 29 Sep 2012, 04:36:34 pm
erm if haven ar nt to blame why ar'nt the board doing any thing about it , why do you think the rfl av said rip up the so called contract , hmmmm nowt to do with the fact both town and matty av said that they dont want it to go any further , think yourselves very luck , and stop blaming others eh  :nod:
wheres your proof the rfl have said owt to haven on this,oh wait a minute you havent got none typical jameater making stuff up again. :witch:

larlad

Reply #38 on: 29 Sep 2012, 04:42:59 pm
you never change do you choccy lad  :shake: :shake:

robstone

Reply #39 on: 29 Sep 2012, 04:47:45 pm
you never change do you choccy lad  :shake: :shake:
if i was choccy i would actually agree with you,but im not truth always hurts you guys eh littlelad. :Dwheres your proof still waiting??

Offline skidaw

• Academy Star
Reply #40 on: 29 Sep 2012, 05:03:39 pm
Being a town player, and wanting to sign for haven doesn't say much about his initial desire to stay with town.

Add to that the number of town matches he chose to miss and his period out of the game when he wanted to 'get his head sorted out' suggests to me that he has never been comfortable at town, and decided he wanted out of it by 're-signing' for haven.

I still say Woods wasn't keen when he found out and Mattinson simply scuttled back to town as quick as to save himself embarresment.

Why did the RFL 'tell' haven to back off ?  They didn't...quite simply haven hadn't a fully completed contract, because they were waiting for Woods to OK the deal...which he chose not to.

It's so simple really. Only Matty looks daft.

Is this the official statement from a Whitehaven BOD.

larlad

Reply #41 on: 29 Sep 2012, 05:07:08 pm
ok then choccy so your saying the rfl av nt talked to haven about this ,
ps way of topic you be getting another ban ,plus i am 6ft 9in hence my nickname

robstone

Reply #42 on: 29 Sep 2012, 05:11:17 pm
ok then choccy so your saying the rfl av nt talked to haven about this ,
ps way of topic you be getting another ban ,plus i am 6ft 9in hence my nickname
wheres your proof instead of making stuff up you hear off others,they may well have had some communication with haven but you and i dont know what about so stop your tales.6ft 9 ooh really littlelad.

Offline butch

• Academy Signing
Reply #43 on: 29 Sep 2012, 05:24:58 pm
I wouldnt trust certain individuals as far as i could throw them.They should be  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ at there actions and letting mattinson take all the flack is just unbelievable.Im sure in time the truth will come out then we will see if they have a set.

robstone

Reply #44 on: 29 Sep 2012, 05:30:29 pm
I wouldnt trust certain individuals as far as i could throw them.They should be  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ at there actions and letting mattinson take all the flack is just unbelievable.Im sure in time the truth will come out then we will see if they have a set.
charlo why doesnt matty come on here or go to the papers and tell what he believes to be the truth then?? why because hes as much to blame as anybody or club simple as.would you be saying the same if he were now a haven player ??  :shake: