HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

haven ink up with st helens for dual reg player

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Its just been announced that we are linking up with St Helens under the new dual registration system this could be massive for the club in my eyes
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #2 on: 11 Oct 2012, 12:34:28 pm
Its just been announced that we are linking up with St Helens under the new dual registration system this could be massive for the club in my eyes
got to be better than what we get from leeds.  :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
born and bred haven.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 11 Oct 2012, 12:34:42 pm
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2012, 12:52:19 pm
What we need to do is not get carried away with this I think this could be massive for the club but we have to keep our feet on the ground with players we get we know were never gonna get superstars but these guys will be on the edge of first team stardom and should bring quality to our team and thats what we require.

PS Just herd that Town are megring with Australian test team as we all know that they only get the best players out there to play for them.
 :D :D :D :D
Sorry couldnt resist a little wind up

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline HavenRL2010

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 11 Oct 2012, 12:55:36 pm
Shocking news who's going 2pay 12 or 15 quid 2 watch saints A team? I'm not.

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 11 Oct 2012, 01:02:27 pm
Personally I think the whole SL link up scheme is a big mistake for the game as a whole long term and could have a detrimental effect on the Championship in both the short & long term. However given that everyone is jumping on the same bandwagon don't think we couldn't "not participate" as that may disadvantage us in the comming season so Saints is probably as good an option as we could get.

Offline bustling billy

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 11 Oct 2012, 01:45:43 pm
see ya!

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 11 Oct 2012, 01:47:58 pm
Could be some quality players on the way up but with rochdale being a lot closer lets see who gets the better players

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #9 on: 11 Oct 2012, 02:45:37 pm
Seems a bit contrived, certainly as they are also linking with Rochdale AND putting their own coaches in there That sounds like a more structured development process for their young or out of the team players to me.
« Last Edit: 11 Oct 2012, 02:47:54 pm by cbandg01 »

Offline random2

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 11 Oct 2012, 03:31:15 pm
Welcome to 'B' grade 'footie' folks.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 11 Oct 2012, 04:02:56 pm
We will have to wait and see how this works. I could be really good. Depends what players are willing to travel and which ones Rochdale get
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #12 on: 11 Oct 2012, 04:06:57 pm
Lewis my understanding is we get the u23s and 1st team fringe players and Rochdale get the U20s

Offline watchfromdistance

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 11 Oct 2012, 04:37:05 pm
Thats my lot ! we are a Cumbian club and should be developing local players we are going to lose our identity and the local players we do have will be sickened if not getting picked infront of some reserves . We are now a feeder clud official. Do you think saints players are gonna train as much as the rest of the squad up here I think not ! :witch: :witch:

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #14 on: 11 Oct 2012, 04:38:36 pm
Fantastic news hopefully some top players will come soon