HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

haven ink up with st helens for dual reg player

Offline HavenRL2010

• First Team Backup
Reply #15 on: 11 Oct 2012, 06:07:31 pm
Here we are all the doom & gloom merchants and Town clowns acting as haven fan are out in force
How is it good for the club then?? Which local player would want 2 sign for us if they can't get a game because of some saints player who we've never heard of getting in 1st??

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #16 on: 11 Oct 2012, 06:34:02 pm
If you listen to the radio interview Barry says that any young player not playing will have a chance to play for Saints u19s in my eyes that must be good for the young guys and the club keeping them match fit and we will only use saints players that Dave woods thinks will make a difference it's not like the old rule that says they must play whatever. Have faith in what had club are trying to do
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline kingkenny

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 11 Oct 2012, 06:54:30 pm
The whole thing is complete madness and will lead to traditional clubs losing their identity. There's more to sport than just winning and the championship clubs should have the balls to turn round and tell the super league clubs where to stick it.

It's against everything the game in this country stands for but it'll be the end of lower league clubs. A couple of loan/dual Reg players is one thing but half a team is another. Why would people turn out to watch players who don't and never will belong to the club.
« Last Edit: 11 Oct 2012, 06:56:50 pm by kingkenny »

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #18 on: 11 Oct 2012, 07:03:19 pm
The only clubs benefiting from the dual registration system are the super league clubs, it enables them to  get their fringe players game time, saves them a lot of money whilst the championship clubs pay the players wages and expenses, hopefully we can recruit a good squad and hopefully keep them fit and happy so we will not have to recruit any dual registration players.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 11 Oct 2012, 07:30:31 pm
So how does this effect our squad size, does this mean that we have to leave room in our squad for say 4 or 5 layers or do we get specific players told to us from saints who we can duel reg, how can we build a squad when we don't even know who's going to be playing for us, I don't think it will work.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 11 Oct 2012, 07:40:22 pm
Look at saints players who didn't make there 19 most weeks

Ade Gardner after he got injured
Lee Gaskell quality half back
Jamie foster before he went out on loan
Josh perry couldn't make the 19 some weeks

There's 4 players we might get up here not bad at all really

Offline kingkenny

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 11 Oct 2012, 08:35:45 pm
But you may get them for 2 weeks then they go back, how will that make your own players feel? Can't be good for morale.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 11 Oct 2012, 09:42:20 pm
The whole thing is complete madness and will lead to traditional clubs losing their identity. There's more to sport than just winning and the championship clubs should have the balls to turn round and tell the super league clubs where to stick it.

It's against everything the game in this country stands for but it'll be the end of lower league clubs. A couple of loan/dual Reg players is one thing but half a team is another. Why would people turn out to watch players who don't and never will belong to the club.

i've said this for long enough, SL only want to USE championship clubs, ultimately they are a closed shop and want nothing to do with grass roots RL, except when they can get something for free or dirt cheep.

i am 100% against this kind of link up, however as someone else has stated, as the Champ clubs didnt grow a set and tell SL where to get off, we have to jump on the bandwagon, as i'm sure town are trying to do and will no doubt achieve.

i'm sure there is a limit as to how many you can actually play, but not sure what that number is, i would say 3 max.
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #23 on: 11 Oct 2012, 10:14:28 pm

i've said this for long enough, SL only want to USE championship clubs, ultimately they are a closed shop and want nothing to do with grass roots RL, except when they can get something for free or dirt cheep.

i am 100% against this kind of link up, however as someone else has stated, as the Champ clubs didnt grow a set and tell SL where to get off, we have to jump on the bandwagon, as i'm sure town are trying to do and will no doubt achieve.

i'm sure there is a limit as to how many you can actually play, but not sure what that number is, i would say 3 max.

I agree with you big fella 100%.    This system is saving each SL club £100,000 but how much of that will filter down to the Championship clubs?     I think the number for first clubs linked with a SL club is 5 players can be used plus another 3 on loan but for 2nd linked clubs to that SL club the number is 4 players.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #24 on: 11 Oct 2012, 10:58:53 pm

I agree with you big fella 100%.    This system is saving each SL club £100,000 but how much of that will filter down to the Championship clubs?     I think the number for first clubs linked with a SL club is 5 players can be used plus another 3 on loan but for 2nd linked clubs to that SL club the number is 4 players.

so that means 8 SL players in the team, or 5 in the team plus another 3 sitting doing nothing?

either way its wrong!!  :witch:
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 12 Oct 2012, 12:33:54 pm
in my eyes its an easy way for SL  clubs to get players cheap and to bring back injured players up to match fitness and ya never know there when there going back im  sure it cant be good for team moral and hope were not going to depend on this to get players, getting decent players up has to be the first important thing on the books

Offline kingkenny

• Academy Star
Reply #26 on: 12 Oct 2012, 12:57:44 pm
What happens if a Championship club draw their linked club in the challenge cup? Do they have to find 5 new players?

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #27 on: 12 Oct 2012, 03:28:25 pm
What happens if a Championship club draw their linked club in the challenge cup? Do they have to find 5 new players?
ask the RFL if town were linking up with saints you would be shouting it from the rooftops.
This link up thing  is a rubbish idea from the RFL but as the likes of hunselt,dews,batley etc jumped on board with it before the championship clubs had even discussed it then if you don't link up you could be at a massive disadvantage.Towns squad so far only consists of player who they had in CH1 and as such no doubt they will add some quality signings but the ability to bring in quality  players as and when needed  makes sense from a playing and financial point of view.Like it or loathe it were stuck with this system for now .
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline kingkenny

• Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 12 Oct 2012, 04:43:02 pm
Fully agree but that doesn't really answer the question......

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #29 on: 12 Oct 2012, 05:00:37 pm
in the past with cup games theyv had to be out the squad donno if this will be any diff