HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

haven ink up with st helens for dual reg player

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #30 on: 12 Oct 2012, 06:09:58 pm
I notice some people keep calling this dual registration but it is more than that>   Dual registration was only for Under 23 year olds which their SL clubs allowed to go out to the Championship club.    This now is any SL player who is not in the SL club's 19 man squad for the weekends game.   You could have a couple of players on £50k or £60k salaries playing for a club already up to their own salary cap limit and not be breaking any rules apparently!!!!!
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #31 on: 12 Oct 2012, 11:34:17 pm
I notice some people keep calling this dual registration but it is more than that>   Dual registration was only for Under 23 year olds which their SL clubs allowed to go out to the Championship club.    This now is any SL player who is not in the SL club's 19 man squad for the weekends game.   You could have a couple of players on £50k or £60k salaries playing for a club already up to their own salary cap limit and not be breaking any rules apparently!!!!!

I asked the RFL how this worked with the Championship salary cap and I have a reply saying that each SL player will be given a Championship salary cap value and Championship clubs will have to stay within the cap for their league.

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #32 on: 13 Oct 2012, 09:42:42 am
This year people were moaning that the team didn't train enough together as a unit.

But now it seems many of those same people are very happy that not only will the team train even less together but will not have any idea of who is available until a couple of days before a game. Its funny how people's attitudes change just because the name St Helens is added.

The availability of the Saints players will not be known until they name their squad for their own weekend game, after which both us and Rochdale will be allocated players. Those players will not have trained at Haven all week and, in some cases, never trained at Haven at all. I also understand that any Saints player who is sent up here must be guaranteed a place in our team that weekend.

It kind of makes a mockery of Woods' comments about all players attending all training sessions. How would you feel as a Haven player who attended all sessions and suddenly get dropped on Sunday because a Saints fringe player has become available ? I can see this causing even more disharmony in the squad to be honest.

Like I said, I don't understand how some people who were unhappy with this year's training arrangements are now seemingly very pleased with this.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #33 on: 13 Oct 2012, 09:54:40 am
Totally agree marra will only work if they duel reg us players from the beginning ov the season so dave knows right from the off who he will have ALA peterson last year for town.

Offline kingkenny

• Academy Star
Reply #34 on: 13 Oct 2012, 10:20:44 am
Why give someone a salary cap value? Surely their salary cap value should just be their salary??

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #35 on: 13 Oct 2012, 12:58:36 pm
Self Serving Idiots at RFL strike again.
Another half baked idea which wont work fairly or consistently and will cause confusion, disruption and resentment between championship clubs while destroying the league as a viable set up.
How daft can you get ??

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #36 on: 13 Oct 2012, 01:02:38 pm
Example, what if Wigan don't have a weekend game ? Does their linked club get a handful of their top players, if not why not given what's been put out there by way of RFL explanations.

Offline random2

• Academy Star
Reply #37 on: 13 Oct 2012, 01:05:17 pm
If your linked club don't make the SL play offs can you have the pick of their entire squad for the Championship play offs?

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #38 on: 13 Oct 2012, 02:28:02 pm
dont like this link up idea but as other clubs have already adopted it you either join in or are left behind ,but toomy is right very disruptive for planning for game
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #39 on: 13 Oct 2012, 03:15:22 pm
Why give someone a salary cap value? Surely their salary cap value should just be their salary??

The way I read the reply they gave me is that as the Championship club will not be paying the players salary his actual salary can't be added to the salary cap of the Championship club.   To balance this out the player will be given a "value" that can be added to the salary cap.    I suppose it will be a percentage of his actual salary that is used and the maximum number of players that can be registered for this scheme is 5.     As always there is the rider that the system will be monitored and reviewed!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline kingkenny

• Academy Star
Reply #40 on: 13 Oct 2012, 03:22:56 pm
If everyone else put their head in the fire would you?  :yey:

Offline egremont

• Academy Star
Reply #41 on: 13 Oct 2012, 04:19:06 pm
looks like if you want to watch quality LOCAL rugby league then it's egremont, brow or kells.
if you want to watch sub-standard 'semi-proffessional' rugby league then off to the recre!!!!!
why do the championship and champ 1 teams have to bow down to the RFL shambles.
No promotion/relegation to Superleague and now everyone has to link up with a SL club or struggle.
what a load of shi*e
bye bye haven - just like the town center, it's all down hill from here.

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #42 on: 13 Oct 2012, 04:31:51 pm
Your Another town fool Cato89 if you worried about town as much as you do Haven
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline kingkenny

• Academy Star
Reply #43 on: 13 Oct 2012, 04:35:50 pm
What he says is true though....

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #44 on: 13 Oct 2012, 04:51:58 pm
Go and be worried about your team if it was on the other foot it would be the greatest thing ever
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold