HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Board need to deliver

Boxer · 50 · 1961

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
on: 16 Oct 2012, 09:50:13 pm
I really hope this Bod have a plan up their sleeves because at the moment they look like a trawler with a broken rudder.  Town are assembling a largley local based team that , which ever way you cut it looks to have a decent level of quality.

We have signed no one of any note , have no obvious identity or strategy and frankly an ever decreasing supporter base losing faith in the club.

Personally I have no confidence in the people running the club.   We are going backwards at a rate of knots the two signing we have announced have been underwhelming to put it mildly. Not knocking Jackson he's a grafter , but he wasn't at Dowes or Thackeray level at any point in his career.  Clarke is a young fella from York that half their fans thought was a better half back than forward .

We were lacking big style in the forwards last year and nothing has changed the fact that we will be mullered in the forwards again in a higher league

Poor signing and wrong approach by the board.  Bowden is out performing our board by a mile and that is embarrassing.

We will need six from saints to hold our own.
« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2012, 07:17:39 am by Boxer »

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2012, 09:54:04 pm
Oh and we have been trumped by Town in the signing of Carter, Mattinson and Dowes and by Barrow in signing Campbell who live is flipped Whitehaven.    That tells its own story.

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 16 Oct 2012, 09:58:53 pm
Well go and support town you won't be missed. I'm as concerned as anyone but we must have faith in what Dave Woods is doing yes Dowes would have been great but he chose Town Bugger all we can do about that either have faith or support someone else simples
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #3 on: 16 Oct 2012, 10:11:12 pm
A rugby idiot could see the teams deficiencies last year.  They will be magnified next year.

The clubs infrastructure is crumbling.

Multiple local based players ...Campbell, Matty, Carter, Dowes etc are choosing other clubs but Whitehaven.

The two signings we have made are frankly poor.

We no longer have any core of local based quality players which is a huge issue.

Mate it's crumbling before our eyes and their is no leadership in the club.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 16 Oct 2012, 10:12:08 pm
to be fair to town boxer they are assemblingna good squad but its mainly just last years team which was the 3rd best in champ1 theyve added dowes and morris im sure fev and fax wont.be cacking their pants have faith in the board and coach

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #5 on: 16 Oct 2012, 10:15:19 pm
So what Boxer, let's just get our team together, support it and hope we are competitive enough to get mid table.

Everything else is irrelevant, including two defeats by town if that's how it pans out.

Chill man     :o :o :o :o

;D ;D ;D

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 16 Oct 2012, 10:23:05 pm
Maybe fax and Featherstone won't but I will make these two points.

(1) Town team from last year had 7 players who were top level championship standard . Miller , Carter, Matty , Thackeray, Philips and Stack and Olstrum.

(2) we need to add for more quality to our team than they do

(3) they are a largely locally based squad in terms of their better players we definatly are not.

I will also say there is relegation for two teams, we are far more likely than town to be fighting to stay up.  We have lost our local identity and frankly on signings so far we ain't improving on last year.

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 16 Oct 2012, 10:33:04 pm
Dowes maybe from Carlisle but lives in Hull so can't really call him local
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #8 on: 16 Oct 2012, 10:37:39 pm
Not anymore he doesn't. 

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #9 on: 16 Oct 2012, 10:42:21 pm
Well woods has said training starts 2 nd week Nov we have 8 players signed plus the presumably the usual make weights ...Barker, Smith , Sice , Hamzut, Fox, Akerley etc  from last year it's a puzzle to know who he's going to train unless we announce 10 signings in the next three weeks.

« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2012, 10:47:18 pm by Boxer »

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #10 on: 16 Oct 2012, 10:50:57 pm
boxer you gotta take a chill pill lad have some patience town couldnt even get 13 players last xmas for the derby game done them no harm in the end have faith

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #11 on: 16 Oct 2012, 10:57:26 pm
Maybe your right ...hopefully any way ..just stuffs me off we don't have a local based team and don't seem to be able to sign any of the local based talent. 

A team made up of blokes from Cas, Feathestone , Wigan and obviously  Saints frankly is unsustainable and dosent interest me.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 16 Oct 2012, 11:31:30 pm
I agree with some of what boxer is saying and I too worry about the direction the squad assembly is taking.I have confidence that woods can get the squad to performer but its the mix like last season that worrys me.

You need a strong core of your own players as a base which is what town have done.again all our so called targets Matty,campbell etc have signed else where and it seems our back up plan is merry go round of saints players which could change from week to week
Any players from saints would be welcome other wise we could get left behind, but they should add to a quality squad not be forming a main part of it.It seems our BOD learnt nothing from last seasons travelling player debacle with only one or two out of about 12 showing any quality.
I would like them to make a statement of intent and go and make JPB a offer he can't refuse and use that as a base to attract local talent which has to form the back bone of our squad.
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2012, 11:33:54 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 16 Oct 2012, 11:32:28 pm
I'm not worried at this point. Let's let Mr. Woods do his job. I'm sure he's working the issue and in full engage mode.

The BOD needs to provide him the financial tools so that he can max our start up back into the Championship. Other than that the less involvement they have the better. Its time to let a Coach run the pitch.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #14 on: 16 Oct 2012, 11:41:12 pm
Agree the coach needs to run the show but there is a finite number of local players and all bar none have chosen not to join Haven .   As a consequence we have signed a 21. Year old fella from York who finished near the bottom of the championship plus a 34 year old grafter from Cas to keep a 32 year old stand off company travelling from Featherstone.

Anyone building a club , Team , company or any entity that has a purpose to succeed can see this formulae is doomed to failure particularly if our ace is to import 5 saints players every Thursday.

That's no basis on which to run a club.

We need a strong core of local based players with the right attitude and desire and it just isn't there which ever way you look at it.