HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Board need to deliver

Boxer · 50 · 1959

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #30 on: 17 Oct 2012, 01:02:01 pm
Yes I have no he isnt a big bloke . no doubt he will run in hard and is a good player .  Simialr with jackson he is a real grafter but no a big prop.  Put those two with to big aggressive fellas and we would be ok but we are matching them up with to more underpowered props.  hence smae problems as last year.

Cant mention it on here but wait and see the half back we have signed you will p@@@ laughing ..but not in a good way. 

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #31 on: 17 Oct 2012, 01:29:02 pm
crack is some of the best locals are looking for around 10k just to sign ,

same crack as last year then eh, the problem is there is 2 clubs in cu,bria going after the same small pot of players. That is why they can play one off against the other to get stupid money.

Take the reds for example, if there is ever a decent local player (J Wright) for example, we can offer basically what we like where else are they going to go?

Erm not so sure about that. Red's are in the same boat as both Haven and Town with competition to sign young players, namely from Carlisle, Barrow, Celtic nation, Penrith and Kendal. Is the going rate for playing for the Reds around £300.00 per game  ;) ?
I will give you carlisle, but certianly not Barrow (barrow cant even  sign players from barrow as they train in Salford) and Kendal. Maybe Celtic Nation now the have a sugar daddy (lets see how long that last) But i know of at leat 4 of our lads who turned down big money at Celtic Nation to stay in a higher Divison.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline LondonTown

• Academy Signing
Reply #32 on: 17 Oct 2012, 03:35:41 pm
They don't seem to want to commit to Haven.
Rooney, Dawes, Phillips all joined from the semi pro ranks and have been more than useful acquisitions.
Mattinson ( Ex Haven)also from the amateur ranks as is Mossop (ExCas), Coward,(At the time wasnt good enough to get in Haven Team) Carter (Ex Barrow)  Miller (ex Haven Academy & Hull FC Academy)etc .
More to it than to simply say they won't sign therefore need to look away. You should be asking the question - why won't they sign for Haven.

Sort of kills you arguement these lads appart from Coward all came from other Pro clubs and not straight from am clubs

No they didn't.
Phillips from Seaton
Rooney and Dawes both amateur.
Marty amateur via haven.

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #33 on: 17 Oct 2012, 04:05:52 pm
Read the message properly it's the other guys you mentioned
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline kingkenny

• Academy Star
Reply #34 on: 17 Oct 2012, 04:18:14 pm
Word your message properly and he'd probably be able to understand what you meant

ca28

Reply #35 on: 17 Oct 2012, 04:53:16 pm
crack is some of the best locals are looking for around 10k just to sign ,

same crack as last year then eh, the problem is there is 2 clubs in cu,bria going after the same small pot of players. That is why they can play one off against the other to get stupid money.

Take the reds for example, if there is ever a decent local player (J Wright) for example, we can offer basically what we like where else are they going to go?

Erm not so sure about that. Red's are in the same boat as both Haven and Town with competition to sign young players, namely from Carlisle, Barrow, Celtic nation, Penrith and Kendal. Is the going rate for playing for the Reds around £300.00 per game  ;) ?
I will give you carlisle, but certianly not Barrow (barrow cant even  sign players from barrow as they train in Salford) and Kendal. Maybe Celtic Nation now the have a sugar daddy (lets see how long that last) But i know of at leat 4 of our lads who turned down big money at Celtic Nation to stay in a higher Divison.

I hope that the things I am hearing about Barrow aren't true otherwise you could have the derby game back on next season.

I don't think Celtic nation will last for to long I believe the guy who is currently putting all the money in is on a rather large ego trip, like a certain ex Reds man LOL

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #36 on: 17 Oct 2012, 05:57:24 pm
Crowds of 50 won't help. I believe barrow and financially knackered
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline haven24/7

• Academy Star
Reply #37 on: 18 Oct 2012, 09:47:33 am
I believe this season is going to be a good one for us.  A top class coach who has come in and wants to do things his way.  Taking time In Getting the right players for his team,  looking at and making decisions for the local lads to come training   Which I might add has not been done before on the scale that mr woods wants.    4 weeks until training,  I bet there's numerous players signed on that haven't been made official yet.   He's here to do a proper job n wants the team to start on a high note.  He knows what he is doing n If he didn't  I don't think he would have applied for the job as many times as he has.    Once the team has been sorted I think that everything else should fall into place.   I'd like to know what's happening with the shirts, season tickets etc.   it's a bit costly for everything at Xmas.   Should have done a savings club for people to start paying now.   It's money in the bank.   COME ON BOD

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #38 on: 18 Oct 2012, 03:14:59 pm
I believe this season is going to be a good one for us.  A top class coach who has come in and wants to do things his way.  Taking time In Getting the right players for his team,  looking at and making decisions for the local lads to come training   Which I might add has not been done before on the scale that mr woods wants.    4 weeks until training,  I bet there's numerous players signed on that haven't been made official yet.   He's here to do a proper job n wants the team to start on a high note.  He knows what he is doing n If he didn't  I don't think he would have applied for the job as many times as he has.    Once the team has been sorted I think that everything else should fall into place.   I'd like to know what's happening with the shirts, season tickets etc.   it's a bit costly for everything at Xmas.   Should have done a savings club for people to start paying now.   It's money in the bank.   COME ON BOD
keep on trying gaz its the same every season last minute
born and bred haven.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #39 on: 18 Oct 2012, 06:24:37 pm
 what really bothers me in all this is at some point the club have talked to matty,carter,harrison,Campbell,dowes,etc,now players of this quality don't come cheap so they obviously they had money to even attempt to sign them.As we know none are joining us so i would have expected similar targets of similar quality,yet none of the names i hear being mentioned come anywhere near this sort out of quality.We need to have a squad of quality players(our own) signed up before we even consider spending any money to keep saints players fit
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #40 on: 18 Oct 2012, 06:43:10 pm
Agree BKM ...signings we have made and aren't good enough and the names mentioned or to be announced aren't either.  Signing blokes from who play average in champ 1 and expecting them to shine next year won't happen.

If the bod are going cheap to cover the cost of saints players then they should be telling the fans.  In the end the fans aren't fools and they are more than capable of judging the quality of players Town are signing compared to our own. 

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #41 on: 18 Oct 2012, 07:32:03 pm
One thing people are forgetting is the fact we will be training together as a team more often with a better coach, that should improve the current players quite alot from last season.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #42 on: 19 Oct 2012, 11:30:30 am
I do wonder if money is a bit tighter at Whitehaven than some of our rivals .  We have clearly been trumped by Town on three or four occassions for players.

The signings we have made and those we here we are targetting suggests we looking at the less established players who dont  cost as much.  N&S today suggests nothing going to happen to quickley either

On one level that is fine i.e financial prudance but we have wasted so many pre seasons not having a sqaud in place.   

Offline Gerry

• Academy Signing
Reply #43 on: 19 Oct 2012, 01:38:35 pm
One thing people are forgetting is the fact we will be training together as a team more often with a better coach, that should improve the current players quite alot from last season.

You can't polish a turd

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #44 on: 19 Oct 2012, 01:48:02 pm
Those you have mentioned we only know for sure that we spoke to carter and the mercenary the others are all hearsay & roumer and from that list I would have personally liked Harrison who's not sure what he's doing and Dowes the others not bothered Matty would have been a massive risk with a extremely dodgy shoulder look at Fleming last year carter looked the biz in ch1 not proven in Cham same as Campbell both might turn out yo be great for Town & Barrow but you just don't know. I'm not saying we will sign any superstars but we must have faith in what Dave and the BOD are doing hard for you pro knockers to do that but we must .
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold