HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

match highlights

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
on: 07 Apr 2007, 09:58:51 am
was told yesterday that sky are stopping the vidoes going on the news and start site..they have all the rights to NL games...if thats the case then why cant they go on the sites after sky have finished with them, like after boots and all on thursday etc

this is a great service especially for exiles and its a pity if it was to stop

could some one from the club please clarify what the sitiuation is regarding highlights

thanks
« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2007, 10:10:49 am by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 07 Apr 2007, 06:15:23 pm
Regarding the match highlights...Sky have the rights for all National League games and will not allow highlights to be shown on any TV station or third party web site. It does not stop us showing them on our own website. I have been in touch with Flannerz regarding the costs of setting up the facility on this site. There are costs involved and the technical aspects need to be clarified. We also need a sponsor as there are costs involved in Pro Cam doing the work to produce highlights. I am speaking to the News and Star about this and also trying to persuade Sky to allow Border to show highlights from league games. These terms are written in the contract the RFL has with Sky and which we have to abide by.

Des

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 07 Apr 2007, 06:48:02 pm
Regarding the match highlights...Sky have the rights for all National League games and will not allow highlights to be shown on any TV station or third party web site. It does not stop us showing them on our own website. I have been in touch with Flannerz regarding the costs of setting up the facility on this site. There are costs involved and the technical aspects need to be clarified. We also need a sponsor as there are costs involved in Pro Cam doing the work to produce highlights. I am speaking to the News and Star about this and also trying to persuade Sky to allow Border to show highlights from league games. These terms are written in the contract the RFL has with Sky and which we have to abide by.

Des

thanks for that des...im sure even if it meant a small fee most people would be prepared to pay for it (especially the exiles)...i thought it would be sky calling the shots ...just hope they use the footage as well
THE MULLET IS BACK

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 10 Apr 2007, 06:26:49 pm
goodto see higlights on border tv tonight..looks like des could be getting somewhere with sky
THE MULLET IS BACK