HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

thorman signs

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
on: 10 Nov 2012, 11:03:46 am
http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/haven/whitehaven-rl-sign-former-london-skolar-neil-thorman-1.1012908?referrerPath=sport/haven

Decent enough played was mom against us down at skolars in august. Can cover fullback halfback and even hooker although we have cover there

WHITEHAVEN have completed the signing of Neil Thorman – and the Geordie will attend the club’s first pre-season training session today.

Recre recruit: Neil Thorman kicks for the Skolars
The 28-year-old enjoyed his previous stint with London Skolars but was keen to move closer to his Newcastle home, and was happy to join his former Gateshead boss Dave Woods at the Recre.

“Dave got us promoted at Gateshead, and it will be exciting to work with him again,” said Thorman.

“No disrespect to any of the clubs I’ve played for in the past, but they were all ‘new’ clubs, whereas Whitehaven have a bit of history and a good, solid fan base.”

Thorman is set to face stiff competition for a place next term, though his versatility could work to his advantage.

“I seem to have jumped around a bit,” he added. “Last year I enjoyed playing hooker and liked being around the middle, and it was the same with full-back and half-back.

“It’s something we will have to look at, and there will be a bit of trial and error. Dave mentioned a couple of different positions he would like to look at, and I’m excited about that.”

Thorman and fellow new recruit Rhys Clarke, from Gateshead, were due for an early start from the North East today ahead of their Lakes College session.

“I’m not sure what’s expected of us, but I’m looking forward to it. Nobody wants to be late for the first session.” joked Thorman, who believes Haven could enjoy a fine season on their return to an extended Championship in 2013.

“They have a strong case. Based on the games I’ve played against them, and their recruitment, they will go really well.

“With it being a bigger league it’s a case of keeping everyone fit and on the field.”
THE MULLET IS BACK