HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Lucky Escape

beermatt42

Reply #30 on: 06 Dec 2012, 11:23:47 am
Cocoloco, Bradford really are on the verge of going bust, they cant pay their wage bill, and are having to take players on loan , it's Warrington that has to pay Matty Blythes and Ben Evans wages.    I think Superleague have protected and saved a certain dead duck, simply to protect their own franchise, they dont want any scandals in Superleague, but it is a shame if these sort of things are going on in the heartlands, perhaps the game is dying out, which would be a crying shame.   

beermatt42

Reply #31 on: 06 Dec 2012, 11:32:24 am
But to rectify my last comment, Superleague is still alive and kicking in the north west at least, Warrington always get a gate of 15,000, a full house more or less, and it would never die out in places like St helens and Wigan, or even Widnes for that matter.
Perhaps Bradford just haven't been budgeting properly, and this will all blow over.
Last year, Warrington gave them the till money for their away fans at the Halliwell Jones, which was very generous, and Widnes just gave them £10,000, didn't even want it back, there has been over fundraising going on, but nothing seems to work, i reckon they are in serious scheidt, and may finally lose their  superleague licence if it doesn't buck up this year.

Offline DonkeyParker

• Academy Star
Reply #32 on: 06 Dec 2012, 12:24:25 pm
Perhaps Bradford just haven't been budgeting properly, and this will all blow over.

Bradfords problems were worsened when they disposed of the ownership of Odsal Stadium, a major asset, to the RFL They could no longer borrow money using the stadium as an asset, and their bankers compounded the Bulls already bad financial situation by wanting debt to the bank paid back.

beermatt42

Reply #33 on: 06 Dec 2012, 12:35:35 pm
Good point Donkeyparker, I will still go and watch them this year, they play on my birthday at the Halliwell Jones, so i'm not missing that.   Trouble is, when i watched them last year, i went with the idea that it might be the last ever chance to watch Bradford, a team that has been in existence since 1907, and used to carry the name Bradford Northern, after the old ' northern rules' code.
This year, i hope they've managed to stabilise themselves a bit, and one of the grand old clubs of Rugby League still have a prosperous future.   They can have the away fans till money again, if it helps save them.

Offline Gerry

• Academy Signing
Reply #34 on: 06 Dec 2012, 12:41:55 pm

I wouldnt call Thomas Coyle as big signing!

Surprised he's even got a Championship club if its true!

His brother was the better of the 2 James.

When James played for the Raiders in 2010/11 he was average at best

Offline Workingtonforever

• Academy Star
Reply #35 on: 06 Dec 2012, 05:15:48 pm
tommy coyle plays for leigh!!signed a few months ago

Offline DonkeyParker

• Academy Star
Reply #36 on: 06 Dec 2012, 05:26:28 pm
Bradford bull are hoping to announce Ewan Dowes as ther next signing within the next 24-48 hours what a shame for our neighbours :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Well, it's over 48 hours later and surprise, surprise nothing has been announced......

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #37 on: 06 Dec 2012, 06:35:06 pm
Or denied I'm afraid.

Offline LondonTown

• Academy Signing
Reply #38 on: 06 Dec 2012, 07:04:29 pm
Ewan dowes told me on twitter not truth what so ever in rumours and looking forward to the season.
That good enough for you?

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #39 on: 06 Dec 2012, 07:23:06 pm
Good enough for haven supporters, ........but it's town's directors he has to convince.  :o :o

I don't feel haven supporters are that bothered either way. Me ??? I was just bored so went fishing for a while  ;D

Offline DonkeyParker

• Academy Star
Reply #40 on: 06 Dec 2012, 09:27:56 pm
Good enough for haven supporters, ........but it's town's directors he has to convince.  :o :o

I don't feel haven supporters are that bothered either way. Me ??? I was just bored so went fishing for a while  ;D

So why has this thread gone to 3 pages.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #41 on: 06 Dec 2012, 10:05:27 pm
Am I missing something here?????

The post with the link to an article in the Bradford press states  "While Cummins is blessed with plenty of back-rowers, he admits Gale’s absence is a concern. The Bulls coach also remains on the look-out for at least one more prop, although former Leeds and Hull man Ewan Dowes is not on his radar."

Unless I have failed to comprehend simple English, Ewan Dowes IS NOT being hunted by Bradford, if this is the case can we please leave it alone and get over the obsession with everything "up the road"!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #42 on: 06 Dec 2012, 10:16:55 pm
BRADFORD BULLS, looking for a British prop to beef up their herd, hope to sign former Leeds and Hull front-rower Ewan Dowes.

Dowes, 30, who made 239 appearances for Hull before heading off to play in Australia, was being lined up for a season with Workington.

Hello !

Offline DonkeyParker

• Academy Star
Reply #43 on: 06 Dec 2012, 11:44:31 pm
Am I missing something here?????

The post with the link to an article in the Bradford press states  "While Cummins is blessed with plenty of back-rowers, he admits Gale’s absence is a concern. The Bulls coach also remains on the look-out for at least one more prop, although former Leeds and Hull man Ewan Dowes is not on his radar."

Unless I have failed to comprehend simple English, Ewan Dowes IS NOT being hunted by Bradford, if this is the case can we please leave it alone and get over the obsession with everything "up the road"!

Well said Puppetmaster, but sadly some of your compatriots seem more willing to believe what was written by a badly informed Sun reporter than that of a Bradford local newspaper.

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #44 on: 07 Dec 2012, 01:21:20 pm
http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/town/weather-not-stopping-improvements-at-workington-town-s-derwent-park-1.1020160?referrerPath=home

Town’s former England and Super League star Ewan Dowes today rubbished links made between him and Bradford Bulls in the national Media.

Dowes said: “I don’t know where they’ve got it from – it’s absolute rubbish.”