HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Hock

Offline farawayfan

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 22 Jan 2013, 09:22:38 am
Just been confirmed, season long loan........
Hock told Wigan chairman face to face he will never play for the club again.........
HAVEN......PRIDE OF CUMBRIA

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 22 Jan 2013, 09:24:54 am
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #17 on: 22 Jan 2013, 09:35:54 am
To widnes
:D :D  :D :shake: :D :D ;D : :shake: :shake: :shake:

I love being right ;)
after wigan stuck by him what a waste of a career another player be heading to town more travellers  :shake: :shake: :shake:
born and bred haven.

beermatt42

Reply #18 on: 22 Jan 2013, 09:59:47 am
This is why i have predicted Warrington and Saint Helens will be this years top two teams, Wigan seem to be falling apart at the seams, they only won the league leaders because Warrington didn't want it, and Leeds can't even do that.  Both those teams are on the way down, 2013 will be Warrington's year because we still have team unity!

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 22 Jan 2013, 10:03:38 am
To widnes
:D :D  :D :shake: :D :D ;D : :shake: :shake: :shake:

I love being right ;)
after wigan stuck by him what a waste of a career another player be heading to town more travellers  :shake: :shake: :shake:
100% agree, but he will never pull on a town shirt.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

beermatt42

Reply #20 on: 22 Jan 2013, 10:20:40 am
Another good point is how can this be a season long 'loan', when he has made it clear that he will never play for Wigan again?  It really looks as if Widnes are lumbered with him to me, and whatever their fans may think, i'm sure he will prove to be more of a liability than a welcome addition.  This is a man who refuses to train, Mod Edit : posibly libelous, be careful please, and turns his back on his hard working team mates, if you ask me, Wigan are well rid of him.
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2013, 10:17:43 am by IceMan »

Offline farawayfan

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 22 Jan 2013, 12:35:21 pm
Another good point is how can this be a season long 'loan', when he has made it clear that he will never play for Wigan again?  It really looks as if Widnes are lumbered with him to me, and whatever their fans may think, i'm sure he will prove to be more of a liability than a welcome addition.  This is a man who refuses to train, Mod Edit : posibly libelous, be careful please, and turns his back on his hard working team mates, if you ask me, Wigan are well rid of him.

Absolutely shocking behavior...
Wigan Warriors announce that Back-rower Gareth Hock has joined Widnes Vikings on a season long loan for the forthcoming Super League campaign. The deal until November 2013 could then be extended further. The agreement will see the Widnes Vikings pay Wigan a significant ongoing but undisclosed fee for Hock's services.

Following Hock's demands for more money in mid-season, insistence at short notice in October on a move to Australia and discussions instigated by the player in December around his request to move to another Super League club, Gareth Hock refused completely after Christmas to return to rehabilitation and pre-season training at Wigan. He informed Wigan Warriors that he would not be continuing his career at the Club, expected the Club to sack him and insisted upon a move elsewhere.

Chairman Ian Lenagan commented;

"Gareth Hock has made it clear in face-to-face discussions with me and via his agent that he has no intention of playing for the Wigan Club. This is hugely disappointing to me, to the Wigan fans and to the Club who have all treated him well.

"We have gone to unique lengths to help him get his life back on track after his ban two years ago including increasing his Contract voluntarily on two separate occasions to help him financially against a backdrop of his threats to leave. The Wigan Club has consistently supported the player and has done all that any Club could be asked to do.

"We acceded to his recent request for a move to Australia on the basis that a change of environment and a different competition might be good socially for him, provided it was also financially beneficial to Wigan. However, this did not transpire. Even though better offers have been now received, he has made it clear he does not now wish to move to Australia and will not play for Wigan.

"A line has to be drawn at some stage and whilst with immense regret at losing a player of Gareth's quality, who I believe is still a Wiganer at heart, we have concluded that that time is now for the good of the 2013 Wigan Squad, the Coaching Staff and for the Wigan fans.

"Since I and Wigan are not prepared to allow Gareth Hock to play for one of our major competitors, we have decided to retain his Registration and to allow him to move on loan to Widnes Super League Club with whom we have an excellent relationship. He is not allowed to play against Wigan in any competitions.

"In terms of rationale, it is known that Gareth was upset that Shaun Wane took away his number 12 Squad Number - hardly surprising in the light of his expected departure to Australia - but we were expecting him to concentrate on his injury rehabilitation and to fight for his place in the Team.

"Having stood by Gareth Hock, we feel let down by his attitude under both Michael Maguire and Shaun Wane since returning to play for Wigan.

"I have instructed Wigan staff to now leave this issue behind, concentrate upon the coming season and make no further comment."
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2013, 10:16:46 am by IceMan »
HAVEN......PRIDE OF CUMBRIA

beermatt42

Reply #22 on: 22 Jan 2013, 12:50:48 pm
But will they want to take it, if he starts demanding more money from them, and refusing to train, like he has done for Wigan?
Maybe i am being a little unfair, because he has already served a two year ban and this move to Widnes may be a chance to sort himself out, so best of luck to them.
I know Warrington wouldn't have someone that unstable though, someone who is refusing to train has no right to demand more money, hes not bigger than the club and what does he need it for anyway?

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #23 on: 22 Jan 2013, 05:13:59 pm
Based in Wigan's statement there is no way back for Hock so it's either Widnes or a lot of time sat at home?

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #24 on: 23 Jan 2013, 12:22:16 am
This is why i have predicted Warrington and Saint Helens will be this years top two teams, Wigan seem to be falling apart at the seams, they only won the league leaders because Warrington didn't want it, and Leeds can't even do that.  Both those teams are on the way down, 2013 will be Warrington's year because we still have team unity!

are you drunk?
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

beermatt42

Reply #25 on: 23 Jan 2013, 08:11:39 am
Ya must be a Wigan fan Rob lol, but you don't have to be drunk to think Warrington are gonna win everything this year, they've got one of the best teams ever assembled in SuperLeague.
No, despite my username, i hardly touch a drop nowadays, honest!

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #26 on: 24 Jan 2013, 02:59:31 am
well matt warrington have been gonna dominate for 3-4 years but just havent bin able to do it, wigan aint falling to bits theyve lost a couple of good players but have brought in a couple too, only time will tell :)
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

beermatt42

Reply #27 on: 24 Jan 2013, 07:58:38 am
Doing the double is extremely difficult Rob, it's not been done since 2006 when Saint Helens managed it. I believe that Warrington came very close to emulating that record last year, whether they can go a step further this year, well you are right, only time will tell!

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #28 on: 24 Jan 2013, 09:03:30 am
well matt warrington have been gonna dominate for 3-4 years but just havent bin able to do it, wigan aint falling to bits theyve lost a couple of good players but have brought in a couple too, only time will tell :)

Wich good players they brought in?  Out - tommy leuleuai, George carmont, Gareth hock, Brett finch, jeff Lima.

Brought in - scott Taylor who got dominated by Leigh's pack, Blake green didn't stand out at hkr Dobson better of the 2.

So where's the quality to replace those guys

beermatt42

Reply #29 on: 24 Jan 2013, 09:47:54 am
Good point HAVEN 09, with the loss of Carmont and constant injury of Pat Richards, Wigan haven't even got a decent goal kicker any more. I watched them at the Halliwell Jones and they were very ordinary, they were trying Josh Charnley out as a goal kicker and he's just not up to scratch.
Warrington let them have the league leaders shield because they didn't want it, they deliberately fielded a weakened side against London and got trounced, but that was so they could concentrate on the Challenge cup.
By Contrast, Warrington's top all time goal kicker, Lee Briers can't even get a chance to kick goals any more, that's gone to the even more accurate Brett Hodgson, so we are vying for places while Wigan are indeed, falling apart at the seams.
On the point that only time will tell, well we play them on Saturday, in Bennie Westwoods testimonial, so lets see what the score is then, and also in the second league match of the season, at the DW stadium. 
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2013, 09:56:43 am by beermatt42 »