HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Hock

beermatt42

Reply #30 on: 26 Jan 2013, 05:59:37 pm
well matt warrington have been gonna dominate for 3-4 years but just havent bin able to do it, wigan aint falling to bits theyve lost a couple of good players but have brought in a couple too, only time will tell :)

Warrington Wolves 10 Wigan Warriors 0,   at the break.

beermatt42

Reply #31 on: 26 Jan 2013, 06:01:11 pm
Warrington Wolves 10 Wigan Warriors 0, at the break.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #32 on: 26 Jan 2013, 06:14:03 pm
Come on the wire

beermatt42

Reply #33 on: 26 Jan 2013, 06:20:04 pm
Brett Hodgson has just converted his own try, Warrington Wolves 16 Wigan Warriors 0.
Can we Whitewash the piemen? Come on Wire!

• Haven Legend
Reply #34 on: 26 Jan 2013, 06:21:22 pm
Good old Brett haha is it a full pie team?

beermatt42

Reply #35 on: 26 Jan 2013, 06:26:46 pm
Both teams are near full strength, Wigan have both Charnley and Tomkins on the pitch, dunno about Richards because they just can't score lol.
Warrington's tries have come from Joel Monaghan, Rhys Evans and Brett Hodgson, with Hodgson converting twice.
Warrington have avery strong squad out, and Tony Smith is interchanging them frequently, giving them all a bit of practice.

beermatt42

Reply #36 on: 26 Jan 2013, 06:30:14 pm
WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA, i just bought my tickets for this match in a fortnights time, this time in the league, and at the DW Stadium, never been there yet, so that should be a grand night out, lol, and i really can't see us losing that, not even at their ground, Wire are going for it this year, still 16-0.

• Haven Legend
Reply #37 on: 26 Jan 2013, 06:34:00 pm
How much that set ya back pal

beermatt42

Reply #38 on: 26 Jan 2013, 06:45:32 pm
£48 for two concessions and two coach seats, (2x15+2x9), not bad for agood night out watching two of the best teams around.
Chris Riley got in at the corner, 20-0, but they gave the conversion to super Bennie Westwood, who can't kick for toffee,but it's his testimonial, so they gave him the last kick of the game, they are currently carrying him around the pitch, lol.
So we nilled the pie eaters, WARR, WARRY, WARRY.             WARRY, WARRY, WARRY, WARRY, WARRINGTON!

• Haven Legend
Reply #39 on: 26 Jan 2013, 06:51:56 pm
Good effort lol sounds like a battering

beermatt42

Reply #40 on: 26 Jan 2013, 06:57:12 pm
It could have been a lot more, according to the radio commentary. I thought we would win, but i wasn't expecting to whitewash them, i just hope this form can translate into the league, we play Castleford next Sunday, then Wigan away on Friday 8th, followed by the Catalans and St Helens, quite a tough start, but i think all those teams will be more frightened of us, than us of them!
Lets hope for a great start to a great season.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #41 on: 26 Jan 2013, 07:13:56 pm
It could have been a lot more, according to the radio commentary. I thought we would win, but i wasn't expecting to whitewash them, i just hope this form can translate into the league, we play Castleford next Sunday, then Wigan away on Friday 8th, followed by the Catalans and St Helens, quite a tough start, but i think all those teams will be more frightened of us, than us of them!
Lets hope for a great start to a great season.

Well as they say pre season
born and bred haven.

beermatt42

Reply #42 on: 26 Jan 2013, 07:25:40 pm
I agree Shaun, this match would have been just one step up from light Rugby, no-one wants an injury with just one week to go, and letting Ben Westwood try a conversion would never happen in a competitive match, but it's still good practice and match time.
Warrington seem to be gelling really well, and believe me, Wigan were trying, they just couldn't break through the Warrington line.
I think that was a comfortable win, and Wigan must be wondering what hit them, with just one week to go, they need to pull their socks up lol.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #43 on: 26 Jan 2013, 07:43:26 pm
Benny westwood been a top pro been a good workout for both sides. Well done to westwood on his service to wire top player.
born and bred haven.

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #44 on: 26 Jan 2013, 08:02:31 pm
Not a Wigan dan but they did have 5 of there major attacking forces missing
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold