HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

6 nations

Offline this is haven

• Academy Star
  • We r better than them up the road, FACT!!!!!!
Reply #15 on: 01 Feb 2013, 03:39:50 pm
Rugby union
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Hope town always fail

beermatt42

Reply #16 on: 01 Feb 2013, 03:41:43 pm
Theres no way i saw 3500 empty seats in any of the matches i attended, all of them were 14,500, easily.  The average may decrease when you take into account the play off matches, when all the miserable season ticket holders stay away, in protest of having to buy a ticket, for this reason, our play off matches had plenty of empty seats, (more than half the stadium), and this may warp your average attendance figures.
« Last Edit: 01 Feb 2013, 03:43:31 pm by beermatt42 »

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #17 on: 01 Feb 2013, 03:54:38 pm
RU, the only team game in the world where the referee makes decisions which no one understands.

Just look at the faces of the players when most decisions are made......confusion is an understatement.

RU is also the only team game where a scoring advantage through the winning of penalties is the prime objective.......and those penalties are usually given on the whim of a referees decision.

If a game relies on penalties for excitement, then it just doesn't cut it in my book.

The crowd have to understand what's going on in a sporting challenge, and believe me, the majority in RU crowds just don't have a clue for most of the time.

And yes I did play RU.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 01 Feb 2013, 04:05:14 pm
wen i played you had to actually jump yourself in the throw in thingy, nowadays idle fat 22 stone guys are catching the ball 20 feet in the air because they are being lifted,

all they need to do to make RU a better game is drop 2 players, make them play the ball correctly and encourage teams to score trys, not reward them for managing to "win" a penalty..............oh and call it RL instead!!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 01 Feb 2013, 04:48:40 pm
At international level RU is pretty boring. Too much emphasis on kicking and trying for 3pts instead of going for a try & conversion. Add to that it's constantly stop start. Scrums are constantly collapsing because front rowers try and get down to low. It does become quite exciting when they decide to throw the ball about a bit which is very rare. That's why you get an 80min game with only a small handful of tries scored.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 02 Feb 2013, 02:38:28 pm
how good is rugby yawnion!?!? ireland leading 20-0 against wales. wales get a penalty and KICK for goal!!!! get in there!!thats entertainment!

luckily ive got some paint drying to watch!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #21 on: 02 Feb 2013, 07:32:15 pm
Sorry but for the first time I'm agreeing with rockerlad! Union is a great game Played by some great athletes.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 02 Feb 2013, 07:36:26 pm
Sorry but for the first time I'm agreeing with rockerlad! Union is a great game Played by some great athletes.
That England game today was brilliant. The props in RU don't half get through some work.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline JHs Lad

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 02 Feb 2013, 10:06:14 pm
Yeah I've heard them say that on the telly too, going forward.

Offline egremont

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 03 Feb 2013, 01:21:30 pm
rockerlad has hit the nail on the head

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 03 Feb 2013, 05:13:00 pm
Great result Italy beating France as well
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

flabdog

Reply #26 on: 03 Feb 2013, 05:30:15 pm
Enjoyed the italy-france game, wid an exciting finish too. Infact all 3 union games were most watchable this weekend.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #27 on: 03 Feb 2013, 06:11:45 pm
We Wer better today  ;)

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #28 on: 03 Feb 2013, 07:56:36 pm
how good is rugby yawnion!?!? ireland leading 20-0 against wales. wales get a penalty and KICK for goal!!!! get in there!!thats entertainment!

luckily ive got some paint drying to watch!

That sums it up for me. Surely 20 pts down you would look for a try.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #29 on: 04 Feb 2013, 10:59:44 am
after 1 game in looking a 2 horse race england and ireland
england looked a good outfit
born and bred haven.