HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Widnes and SKY

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
on: 13 Apr 2007, 10:34:34 am
Just  wandering  if  the  person  who  picks  out  the  live  games  is  a  Widnes  fan  or  maybe  a  relative  of  someone  on  the  board.

They  kicked  off  the  league  season  against  Leigh  but  scanning  through  teletext  for  forthcoming  live  games  there  on  again  next  week  at  home  to  Fax.  Then  its  a  game  from  NL2  then  its  back  to  Widnes  for  their  clash  with  Cas.

I  can  understand  SKY  showing  them  against  Cas  but  not  at  home  to Fax.  Basically  they?ll  have  shown  4  NL1  games  with  Widnes  on  3  of  them. 

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2007, 01:39:13 pm
its probably because they were expecting it to be out of widnes leigh and cas for the league from the start (i think the sky lot have given up hope of leigh winning it now)
haven till i die

haven1985

Reply #2 on: 13 Apr 2007, 01:44:44 pm
I do believe there are still dates avalible to fill so haven maybe still get sum more coverage

popularsider

Reply #3 on: 13 Apr 2007, 01:45:42 pm
are game with widnes at the end of the season i expect that to be on

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 13 Apr 2007, 01:46:55 pm
and the cas game

popularsider

Reply #5 on: 13 Apr 2007, 03:01:28 pm
yeah the cas game is deffo on aswell as the away game with dewsbury

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 13 Apr 2007, 08:47:30 pm
windows are going to be on a lot because they have a nice little ground which looks cute for sky!!!

it was the same when they moved the goalposts a few years ago to let huddersfield into SL through the back door, only because they had a nice looking ground!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 14 Apr 2007, 12:48:40 pm
Problem  is  for  us  alot  of  our  rivals  now  have  nice  grounds.  Leigh  have  a  new  home.  Donny  also.  Widnes  and  Cas  are  also  SL  standard.  Sheffield  is  also  a  newish  ground  as  is  Rochdale.  Batley  have  also  made  ground  improvemnets.

I  think  there?s  only  us  and  Dewsbury  with  below  par  grounds.  Not  sure  about  Halifax :(

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #8 on: 14 Apr 2007, 02:50:08 pm
speaking to a couple of fax fans when they were up and even though they've got a decent stadium they will be rejected from going up cos one of there stands is incomplete.

MissTiger

Reply #9 on: 15 Apr 2007, 11:54:57 am
windows are going to be on a lot...

''windows''
''cattleford''
''lee''

::)

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 15 Apr 2007, 02:13:31 pm
The problem isnt our rivals having nice grounds the problem is we need our grounds sorted and fast!!!!!!!
Just hope they dont arse about and moan when its to late. It would be bad if we got threw the grand final and then nowt because our grounds.