HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Derwent park

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #45 on: 10 Feb 2013, 09:20:00 am
Thing is rockermarra our council don't give two
Craps about haven our town needs the wreck done up its our only professional sport and we got trusted to host one of the best events I rugby league and they screwd it up surely the council will look at the modern state of the stadium now and think enough is enough but will they no chance

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #46 on: 10 Feb 2013, 09:26:08 am
It's going to be very hard to get the council to pay for anything . Lets not forget the massive budget cut that come in next year. CBC have got to starting tightening the purse strings.
Haven need a long lease off the miners then look into grant funding. This is what reds are doing. With our 35 year lease we are entitled to £250k from the football foundation and some other stadium grant all together we can unlock nearly £1m worth of funding.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

• Haven Legend
Reply #47 on: 10 Feb 2013, 09:32:19 am
I think it's great the reds have that luxury pal we don't get anything for CBC and its very sad it's a great old town Whitehaven but Jesus it needs work done ESP the wreck we have put up with the promises of new stadiums xyz but a little
Money spent on the the wreck would make it a great lol ground i just don't see why they can't open their eyes to this we are a tourist attraction with the away sides you
Just have to ask them what they think of the state of the ground to what I could be we are getting a great team again to watch but yet again been let down on the ground side

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #48 on: 10 Feb 2013, 10:41:26 am
It's going to be very hard to get the council to pay for anything . Lets not forget the massive budget cut that come in next year. CBC have got to starting tightening the purse strings.
Haven need a long lease off the miners then look into grant funding. This is what reds are doing. With our 35 year lease we are entitled to £250k from the football foundation and some other stadium grant all together we can unlock nearly £1m worth of funding.
Dear Rockerlad, the trouble with CBC as opposed to AC is that Ac are pro active such as the timeshare at keswick [I know it ended up badly] the shopping centre etc they seem to have a go whilst CBC are always reactive and they never put their money into anything [perhaps other than airy fairy crap] that can be described as an investment in infra structure IE the stadium, they always want other parties to pay for everything and that usually ends in disaster the Chileda award, ASDA, The Stadium, The transport web let alone tourism attractions, the fact is they have stood by for the last ten years and watch the town centre crumble and close down. As regards tightening the purse strings can anyone on this forum tell me of an infrastructure project that CBC have invested in heavily? I stand to be corrected but I fear the answer is no. Unless they can wring money out of "sellafield" nowt gets done, they are shambolic.

Offline DJBRYAN

• Academy Star
Reply #49 on: 10 Feb 2013, 11:07:49 am
Renovatin Derwent Park is a bit like puttin lino ont floor of ya shed. It'll still look crap.
:D :D :D At last sum yan wid a sense of humor. Nice one a say.

Granny Wong

Reply #50 on: 10 Feb 2013, 12:16:56 pm
Ya won't be able to see the state of the place for the glare ya mean.
no its Derwent Park mate not the wreck,get yourself through when 2010 are playing.
Sure will. Must remember to wear me blazer sayin its posh noo. Pffffft
good lass you will enjoy it,if you need a ticket for the world cup games gimme a flash of yer legs and i will sort it for ya x
Ya won't see me.legs as ill have to dress for the part , just like them bonny lasses in jamland . Tracksuit bottoms  and knee boots jambo chav style  ;)

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #51 on: 10 Feb 2013, 01:07:21 pm
If I'm not mistaken 350,000 of the 400,000 in funding came from Britain's Energy Coast.

Haven has funding available, its just coming up with a plan with the fundamentals in place to make it work.

It wouldn't be the Super League stadium so many wanted but 400,000 to 500,000 could make a huge difference in the Recre. I have confidence that Barry Richardson is not letting this issue die.

• Haven Legend
Reply #52 on: 10 Feb 2013, 01:10:20 pm
If I'm not mistaken 350,000 of the 400,000 in funding came from Britain's Energy Coast.

Haven has funding available, its just coming up with a plan with the fundamentals in place to make it work.

It wouldn't be the Super League stadium so many wanted but 400,000 to 500,000 could make a huge difference in the Recre. I have confidence that Barry Richardson is not letting this issue die.
thank you mrs raaz hopefully we can see some action soon i thought we had a a bit more than that as i thought we spent a  bit on planning the ground or am i wrong correct me please if i am

if we do have those funds we could

paint the ground as its a bit rough looking
improve the floodlights as the current ones are awfull
put covering on the popular side
and make the changing rooms bigger and up to date
ooh and remove the weeds lol

then think we would have a super ground
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2013, 01:20:30 pm by WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA »