HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

town game at home

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
on: 07 Mar 2013, 12:58:12 pm
see our preserve munching friends are up in arms because due to it being maritime weekend kick off for the game looks like it could be 12.00 noon.
It could be worse, we could have had 3 dates for the game and nor be able to raise a team for 2 of them and decide to play widnes on the other,or could leave it until just a few weeks before the game before realising potential problems due to kick off time!!!!!!!
If the time is to be change i think it would be better a 7.30 pm kick off.Most if not all of the festival will be finished and if the club got some one going around the festival giving flyer out for the game with a discount on entry or drinks promotions i think they would pull a few more punters in.
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 07 Mar 2013, 01:43:00 pm
Hmmm. So you highlight town fans criticising a 12 noon KO  then yourself suggest of a possible change to 7-30pm. That suggests you agree with us :o

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 07 Mar 2013, 01:53:03 pm
Hmmm. So you highlight town fans criticising a 12 noon KO  then yourself suggest of a possible change to 7-30pm. That suggests you agree with us :o
not highlighting the time just the double standards :D :D your in no position what so ever to have a go at haven after the ike debacle and the good friday time change that people were highlighting issues with as soon as it was said it would be good friday on tv.It was clear from then on it could not be a early kick off due to SL games being on TV it was also clear that a late kick off clashed with your all in family wrestling match
« Last Edit: 07 Mar 2013, 01:56:06 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 07 Mar 2013, 02:28:14 pm
not highlighting the time just the double standards :D :D your in no position what so ever to have a go at haven after the ike debacle and the good friday time change that people were highlighting issues with as soon as it was said it would be good friday on tv.It was clear from then on it could not be a early kick off due to SL games being on TV it was also clear that a late kick off clashed with your all in family wrestling match

The Police are the ones who made town change the KO time on Good Friday. It was nothing to do with the rugby club. Whitehavens Facebook page even stated this.
I do have ever agree with the Arse about for the ike game that was a farce

They are the facts
« Last Edit: 07 Mar 2013, 02:30:15 pm by rockerlad »
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 07 Mar 2013, 02:40:54 pm
I know it was the police ,but it didn't take Einstein to work out when the fixtures came out and it was a tv good Friday game there would be issues.Hull v hull KR is always on early kick off followed by saints Wigan,so it was clear back in December it would have to be a late kick off and that would clash with up and down.If action had been taken back then I think there would have been enough time to alter the tv schedule and game could have gone ahead on tv Thursday 6 pm before Leeds Bradford.The fact it was left till late to try to change things means no tv game which for exiles will be a big miss.
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #5 on: 07 Mar 2013, 03:33:48 pm
i havent had a go at haven. It makes no difference to me. We will still win easily whatever time the KO is

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #6 on: 07 Mar 2013, 03:37:51 pm
i havent had a go at haven. It makes no difference to me. We will still win easily whatever time the KO is

how times have changed townies thinking beating haven now a gimme yet again above us on the bonus point rule.
born and bred haven.

Popularsider13

Reply #7 on: 07 Mar 2013, 05:17:34 pm
It was easier than a gimme last few games we played you though...even Big Ginge had the audacity to back heal a kick over at your place.

Roll on Good Friday and we can all see if you've managed to improve sufficiently.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 07 Mar 2013, 05:23:39 pm
Think you might get a shock Marra

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 07 Mar 2013, 05:24:10 pm

how times have changed townies thinking beating haven now a gimme yet again above us on the bonus point rule.

If I was a Town fan i would be expecting to beat us, we have performed poorly after beating the 2 weaker teams, and we will need a big improvement to beat them.

HW

• Haven Legend
Reply #10 on: 07 Mar 2013, 05:34:03 pm
And who have they beat two of the bottom 3,I agree at home they should expect to beat teams around them as should we at home ,but as we know in derbies anything can happen
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #11 on: 07 Mar 2013, 05:38:14 pm
If we get the form back we had at the start of the season I would be confident of beating them home and away they have beaten some poor haven teams the last three years and we have played leigh and fev the top two teams in the league they have played fax and Sheffield we have had the harder start and they are two points in front by bonus points nothing to fear at all from town they are a good side but think we are better just my op though