HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Makinson and Walker

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #30 on: 09 Mar 2013, 10:16:45 am
It seems we are playing people that havnt trained this week. I didnt think that was dave woods policy and people called don gailer. :shake: :shake: :shake:
born and bred haven.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #31 on: 09 Mar 2013, 10:57:22 am
It seems we are playing people that havnt trained this week. I didnt think that was dave woods policy and people called don gailer. :shake: :shake: :shake:

only trainning twice a week doesnt help either
For as long as i can remember we have trained 3 times a week now it seems its down to twice a week and training days change from week to week, how can any of this help in prep for games.
I would like to see us get back to training on saturday mornings, day before the game so everyone  who is playing knows who they are and are there.Last weeek we trained thursday for a game on sunday fail to see how this is good prep
« Last Edit: 09 Mar 2013, 10:59:51 am by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

ca28

Reply #32 on: 09 Mar 2013, 10:58:00 am
It's up to mr woods to pick the team, if two or three saints players are needed then so be it.

Offline RonnietheRhino

• Academy Star
Reply #33 on: 09 Mar 2013, 11:18:33 am
Regarding training nights. Was Dave Woods one of the commentators on the Fev v Keighley match on Thursday night, Thursday nights has always been a traditional night for training as long as I can remember. Thought Haven would have been training at least 3 nights together at this level anything else is a step backwards from previous years.

• Haven Legend
Reply #34 on: 09 Mar 2013, 11:38:09 am
Regarding training nights. Was Dave Woods one of the commentators on the Fev v Keighley match on Thursday night, Thursday nights has always been a traditional night for training as long as I can remember. Thought Haven would have been training at least 3 nights together at this level anything else is a step backwards from previous years.

correct he was i take it that's why we trained friday, however he wasn't on prem sports week before and we trained Thursday.This is what i'm saying, how does chopping and changing help prep for games.That's why to avoid it i think Saturday mornings is better.Under Don,and seeds before that and stokes before that we trained 3 times a week with travellers having to attend 2 of them .
Twice a week is simply not enough and not training together just before the game is a big No for me as well.Look at other clubs Tuesday,Thursday Saturday is the norm.

Tuesday..... go through previous game,rehab,light ball work,light fitness work
Thursday..... fitness and ball work
Saturday..... video and prep for up coming game ball work

normally weights and stuff they are given programmes to work to and do it as individual sessions or small groups

this is my understanding of what most clubs do, how do we fit all this in in just 2 sessions with some players missing?
« Last Edit: 09 Mar 2013, 11:47:05 am by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline skidaw

• Academy Star
Reply #35 on: 09 Mar 2013, 11:53:50 am
It's up to mr woods to pick the team, if two or three saints players are needed then so be it.

What message does that send out to our own players?
Last season Don had trouble with a couple of travellers who decided they didn't have to train when
he told them, but was told to play these players by the board.
Will the travellers and our local players come to the conclusion they don't have to attend training as long as they keep fit but will be
selected to play?

• Haven Legend
Reply #36 on: 09 Mar 2013, 12:01:28 pm
http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/haven/whitehaven-rl-winger-chris-fleming-breaks-hand-1.1041098?referrerPath=sport/haven

this tells you all that is wrong with the DR system and not training on a saturday
makinson 18th man last night so couldn't train with us lastnight
walker even coach said he would be playing on RC only for him to be in saints team late call up so again late change around,fail to see how any of this helps the team and the squad,but if we were training today makinson could have trained and we would have all those playing attending training
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #37 on: 09 Mar 2013, 12:04:09 pm
So anybody know the team heard sickness has took a player too.

• Haven Legend
Reply #38 on: 09 Mar 2013, 12:29:17 pm
seems after 3 defeats them lot think we are turning on woods,not the case just some worrying signs that on the face of it dont look good,that from fans who were calling for chalros head ,saying he was out of his depth after one defeat at donny
THE MULLET IS BACK

ca28

Reply #39 on: 09 Mar 2013, 12:47:21 pm
seems after 3 defeats them lot think we are turning on woods,not the case just some worrying signs that on the face of it dont look good,that from fans who were calling for chalros head ,saying he was out of his depth after one defeat at donny

Bkm, come on let it go, you have better things todo than to worry about the jam. Have a beer or few.

• Haven Legend
Reply #40 on: 09 Mar 2013, 12:52:09 pm

Bkm, come on let it go, you have better things todo than to worry about the jam. Have a beer or few.
not till tonight ;) ;)
THE MULLET IS BACK

ca28

Reply #41 on: 09 Mar 2013, 12:54:08 pm

not till tonight ;) ;)

:tip: enjoy them pal  :tip:

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #42 on: 09 Mar 2013, 01:16:52 pm
I think home games training is Tuesday and Thursday and sat mornings away
Games is Tuesday and Thursday or Friday I think

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #43 on: 09 Mar 2013, 01:44:24 pm
I'm not sure I can get too worked up by BKM arguments at the moment.

We can't find enough class locals to make up more than about 25% of a match day squad, so have to bring in travellers to ensure Rl stays viable in the town.

Travellers come down to a couple who live in the town, and the rest make their way here from Lanc's and Yorkshire. A round trip of about 280 miles to train in the area. Training twice in the evenings and travelling back late evening.......not a very motivating experience.

And for a home game, travelling up on Sat morning and staying overnight for the game.......again getting back late on Sunday evening.

That's all an absolute bind to my mind. But fair do's to them, they ARE doing it.

Then there's this partnership agreement. I hate it, BUT we have either to make the best of it and get the best from it that we can, OR go it alone and probably be relegated, (aka Barrow).

Woods has a good personal relationship with the Saints set up, and will be getting the best deal he can for the players he wants / needs.

On current performances, Woods has done what he said he would, which was give the squad a chance to show and shine. Some patently have fallen below the standard required, so leave them out and insert a couple of Saints players for this game to gee the under-performers up. If they respond, job done, and we start competing, if they don't respond, then we keep taking SL players until we can ship the the under performers out and replace with better players.

That's pretty much the concept of professional sport, and given the RFL's partnership system, the best option for Championship RL in Whitehaven.

Accept it and be grateful we have a decent working relationship with Saints, as of yesterday they were obviously going to loan us two true SL squad players, NOT young fringe players. 

By the way, if the two Saints players had come and trained with us on Thursday, they may still have been drafted into last nights team as the need required.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #44 on: 09 Mar 2013, 01:48:01 pm
heard rooneys out tomorrow amd patterson playing at 6 can anyone confirm it