HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

tonights latest

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 21 Mar 2013, 10:00:33 pm
sorry, ive said it before and i'll say it again.......... the bonus point is WRONG, plain and simple

there should be no reward for losing a game, it does not keep games competetive

can someone please explain the fairness in winning more games than another team but being below them in a league because they happen to have been rewarded for losing games??!!??

i'm sorry but even if we gained a bonus point from every defeat it would never be the best system ever.

the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline CocoLoco

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 21 Mar 2013, 10:01:31 pm
full time
leigh 42 barrow 30
on performance barrow deserved a bonus point
Sorry Shaun they don't ,no one does. how is it good for our game when a team with one win can be only 2 points behind a team with 3,or how 2 teams with 2 wins can be a head of a team with 3. I can honestly see this season a team being relegated even though they have more wins than a team above them.
the BP system helps keep games competative when one team is in command. Teams have something to still play for and don't ease off.

Two questions - if Town get relegated due to BP's despite having won more games will you still advocate its use?

- If its such a good system why havent SL adopted the system?

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #17 on: 21 Mar 2013, 10:05:17 pm
full time
leigh 42 barrow 30
on performance barrow deserved a bonus point
Sorry Shaun they don't ,no one does. how is it good for our game when a team with one win can be only 2 points behind a team with 3,or how 2 teams with 2 wins can be a head of a team with 3. I can honestly see this season a team being relegated even though they have more wins than a team above them.
the BP system helps keep games competative when one team is in command. Teams have something to still play for and don't ease off.

Two questions - if Town get relegated due to BP's despite having won more games will you still advocate its use?

- If its such a good system why havent SL adopted the system?

hope it dosnt come to that but we have won 3 and swinton 2 and swinton above us the system is wrong big style.   :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:
born and bred haven.

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 21 Mar 2013, 10:05:52 pm
If we were winning regular BP's it would be the best system ever.

I admire teams who can battle enough to stay within BP range...........however it would have been better Barrow not getting one......but well done to them for making a good game of it for so long (I assume they did ???)

Our best response would be a win on Sunday, and then they have actually LOST ground on us.

Don't think it makes a difference whether we get them or not. It's an awful rule, if it was any good it would be in Super League. It's possible a team may have to win 4 more games than another just because of this stupid rule. That in my view makes games less competitive as teams tend to play for it rather than trying to win.

I'd always rather see Haven when losing by 12 throw the ball about trying to win and possibly losing by more than just settling for a 12 point loss.

Giving a side anything for losing is rubbish.

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #19 on: 21 Mar 2013, 10:40:39 pm
So you won't take your bonus points when you get them ?
the only way is up.

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 21 Mar 2013, 10:47:54 pm

No we'll take them, obviously as they are there and make a difference to the table but I don't like the idea of being behind by 12 and not trying to chase the game to win which I think does happen sometimes.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #21 on: 21 Mar 2013, 11:03:37 pm
If haven had been being beaten by less than 12 points game after game and winning BP's everyone would have a much different opinion of the system.

Shame on us that for four seasons and more we can't compete long enough in games to secure a BP.

AND Apart from a win on Sunday, EVERY haven fan in the ground would hope for, settle for and be happy with a BP.

And why ?

It would shown that we have been competitive, given it a good go and stayed in the game. AND most supporters would go home happy, and quite a few have a few pints while discussing the above too.

Come on....say you wouldn't.
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2013, 11:12:06 pm by cbandg01 »

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #22 on: 21 Mar 2013, 11:17:52 pm
It will never be a good system even if we got one in every defeat .SL don't want it for the very reason some of us are against it.
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #23 on: 21 Mar 2013, 11:30:09 pm
IMO it could be in SL soon, ............to make it a more competitive competition, because some teams just are not once the season really gets going.

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #24 on: 22 Mar 2013, 05:45:20 am
It will never be a good system even if we got one in every defeat .SL don't want it for the very reason some of us are against it.
Well then if SL don't want it argument over.
the only way is up.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 22 Mar 2013, 06:30:09 am
If haven had been being beaten by less than 12 points game after game and winning BP's everyone would have a much different opinion of the system.Shame on us that for four seasons and more we can't compete long enough in games to secure a BP.

AND Apart from a win on Sunday, EVERY haven fan in the ground would hope for, settle for and be happy with a BP.

And why ?

It would shown that we have been competitive, given it a good go and stayed in the game. AND most supporters would go home happy, and quite a few have a few pints while discussing the above too.

do you happen to know the lottery numbers for this saturday, as you seem to know how EVERYONE thinks!

i can assure i do not and never will think rewarding a side for losing a game is good idea.

there is a duty on every team and every player to try to win EVERY game, NOT "compete for a bonus point!!"

imagine its the last week of the season, featherstone have played on thursday night and have finished with say 50 points, sheffield have one game left to play on the sunday and also have 50 points, but a poorer pts diff, so they know they dont have to win the last game but stay "competetive to gain a bonus point" and will finish top of the table!! yeah i can see how the bonus point is such a rewarding, good, superb idea!!

sheffield  a few years ago lost 3 games more than, i think it was widnes? but got into the playoffs instead of widnes because all the games they lost gained a bonus point so they finished above widnes, how is that fair?

it can never be right to reward losing in a sport where the basic idea is to win!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #26 on: 22 Mar 2013, 07:32:45 am
Its as easy as this if The Bonus Point was a good idea Superleague would be using it as they wont touch it with a barge pole it says to me that they dont think its a good idea. Me personally think its the most daftest rule ever where else do you get a positive outcome for getting beat whether it be be by 1 point or 12 points you got beat same as if youve were beaqten by 50 you still got beat you deserve nothing. STUPID RULE
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #27 on: 22 Mar 2013, 08:04:31 am

we will take them as they come we dont have to agree with it
born and bred haven.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #28 on: 22 Mar 2013, 08:12:59 am
If haven had been being beaten by less than 12 points game after game and winning BP's everyone would have a much different opinion of the system.Shame on us that for four seasons and more we can't compete long enough in games to secure a BP.

And why ?

do you happen to know the lottery numbers for this saturday, as you seem to know how EVERYONE thinks!

i can assure i do not and never will think rewarding a side for losing a game is good idea.

there is a duty on every team and every player to try to win EVERY game, NOT "compete for a bonus point!!"

imagine its the last week of the season, featherstone have played on thursday night and have finished with say 50 points, sheffield have one game left to play on the sunday and also have 50 points, but a poorer pts diff, so they know they dont have to win the last game but stay "competetive to gain a bonus point" and will finish top of the table!! yeah i can see how the bonus point is such a rewarding, good, superb idea!!

sheffield  a few years ago lost 3 games more than, i think it was widnes? but got into the playoffs instead of widnes because all the games they lost gained a bonus point so they finished above widnes, how is that fair?

it can never be right to reward losing in a sport where the basic idea is to win!
happened a few years back, think it was barrow who went to eagles and played for a BP or other way round
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline wilts marra

• Academy Signing
Reply #29 on: 22 Mar 2013, 08:13:07 am
Bonus Points or not, you cant rake it away from Barrow they played the first half with guts and determination and didn't give up in the second, personally on that performance they deserved to come away with something !
Maybe a "few" other teams should watch the recording and realise "its not over till the fat lady sings" or the "f** ref blows his whistle".   :D