HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

tonights latest

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #30 on: 22 Mar 2013, 08:28:46 am
Bonus Points or not, you cant rake it away from Barrow they played the first half with guts and determination and didn't give up in the second, personally on that performance they deserved to come away with something !
Maybe a "few" other teams should watch the recording and realise "its not over till the fat lady sings" or the "f** ref blows his whistle".   :D

gareth had last few tv games and had good games better that all the refs we have had this season.
born and bred haven.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #31 on: 22 Mar 2013, 08:31:52 am
Bonus Points or not, you cant rake it away from Barrow they played the first half with guts and determination and didn't give up in the second, personally on that performance they deserved to come away with something !
Maybe a "few" other teams should watch the recording and realise "its not over till the fat lady sings" or the "f** ref blows his whistle".   :D

gareth had last few tv games and had good games better that all the refs we have had this season.
The townie i work with would argue with that statement as he was poor for them, i also noticed last season when he refereed whitehaven v barrow he was shocking.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #32 on: 22 Mar 2013, 08:36:37 am

The townie i work with would argue with that statement as he was poor for them, i also noticed last season when he refereed whitehaven v barrow he was shocking.

no doudt they will blame him for thackray getting banned when he sent him off at york what im saying is gareth one of the better ones no doudt if any townies reffed haven we would be the same towards the jampot.  :D :D :D
born and bred haven.

ca28

Reply #33 on: 22 Mar 2013, 08:39:44 am
Well done to the flossies on getting a bonus point at Leigh.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #34 on: 22 Mar 2013, 08:41:37 am

no doudt they will blame him for thackray getting banned when he sent him off at york what im saying is gareth one of the better ones no doudt if any townies reffed haven we would be the same towards the jampot.  :D :D :D

Funny enough he didnt blame gareth for that, said thacks deserved to go, he is also pleased he has been given some enforced time out as he has been terrible this season. His interview in the star basically says he has been having off the field problems, which shouls be behind him in the next few weeks, what that means who knows.
The words he used to describe gareth was, he is just as bad as all the other clowns.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

beermatt42

Reply #35 on: 22 Mar 2013, 08:49:54 am
If haven had been being beaten by less than 12 points game after game and winning BP's everyone would have a much different opinion of the system.Shame on us that for four seasons and more we can't compete long enough in games to secure a BP.

AND Apart from a win on Sunday, EVERY haven fan in the ground would hope for, settle for and be happy with a BP.

And why ?

HERE, HERE.

It would shown that we have been competitive, given it a good go and stayed in the game. AND most supporters would go home happy, and quite a few have a few pints while discussing the above too.

Come on....say you wouldn't.

do you happen to know the lottery numbers for this saturday, as you seem to know how EVERYONE thinks!

i can assure i do not and never will think rewarding a side for losing a game is good idea.

there is a duty on every team and every player to try to win EVERY game, NOT "compete for a bonus point!!"

imagine its the last week of the season, featherstone have played on thursday night and have finished with say 50 points, sheffield have one game left to play on the sunday and also have 50 points, but a poorer pts diff, so they know they dont have to win the last game but stay "competetive to gain a bonus point" and will finish top of the table!! yeah i can see how the bonus point is such a rewarding, good, superb idea!!

sheffield  a few years ago lost 3 games more than, i think it was widnes? but got into the playoffs instead of widnes because all the games they lost gained a bonus point so they finished above widnes, how is that fair?

it can never be right to reward losing in a sport where the basic idea is to win!

beermatt42

Reply #36 on: 22 Mar 2013, 08:51:55 am
HERE, HERE to what Puppetmaster just said.

Offline billwiff

• Academy Star
Reply #37 on: 22 Mar 2013, 11:52:09 am

Take your blinkers off Hewer is as bad or good as all the other refs at this level I don,t agree with him Reffing Haven games  tho,as for the bonus point debate I think its a good thing .More concerned that once proud clubs have now become feeder clubs for SL big boys .

Offline wilts marra

• Academy Signing
Reply #38 on: 22 Mar 2013, 12:13:05 pm
I wasn't having a go at the ref, just trying to add a little humorous banter (as some on here don't appear  remember what that is!).
Agree Gareth has given good performances in his televised games, the ref can only give what he sees (or what his assistants see/don't see), its up to the teams to perform and I was only stating that Barrow did perform under the circumstances.  ::)

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #39 on: 22 Mar 2013, 12:35:31 pm

Take your blinkers off Hewer is as bad or good as all the other refs at this level I don,t agree with him Reffing Haven games  tho,as for the bonus point debate I think its a good thing .More concerned that once proud clubs have now become feeder clubs for SL big boys .
we havnt had gareth reffing haven games not this season anyway
born and bred haven.

Offline billwiff

• Academy Star
Reply #40 on: 22 Mar 2013, 12:47:09 pm
He should never be an official again  in any game Haven are playing .

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #41 on: 22 Mar 2013, 02:22:24 pm
He should never be an official again  in any game Haven are playing .

he wont be
born and bred haven.

Offline billwiff

• Academy Star
Reply #42 on: 22 Mar 2013, 03:37:40 pm
Why has there been a rule change he has been an official at Haven games before 

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #43 on: 22 Mar 2013, 04:12:28 pm
been a bit since ive seen him ref at Haven

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #44 on: 22 Mar 2013, 04:28:55 pm
Sheffield 2008 was last time he reffed us in a proper match i think we hammered them on sky sports