HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Carlisle Races

Offline touchjudge57

• First Team Backup
Reply #15 on: 03 Apr 2013, 03:42:39 pm
It didn't take the numpties long to start slagging this event off they don't realise that people from all over the north if England not just from Whitehaven will be there plus companies looking to spread there name about I think this could be huge for the club this is forward thinking at its best

Well done to Barry Richardson. As usual the rabble up the road are slagging it off. I haven't seen their 'award winning' CEO 😡 coming up with any good ideas to generate income.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 03 Apr 2013, 03:52:02 pm
It didn't take the numpties long to start slagging this event off they don't realise that people from all over the north if England not just from Whitehaven will be there plus companies looking to spread there name about I think this could be huge for the club this is forward thinking at its best
If it had been their idea some on here would have slagged it off as some did with the kids Olympics they had.

Great idea in my opinion. Maybe discount tickets for both I.e a duo ticket.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #17 on: 03 Apr 2013, 04:06:56 pm
race day

it will be a great day out the obsessed ones up the road having a go again so bitter
born and bred haven.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #18 on: 03 Apr 2013, 05:00:06 pm

Well done to Barry Richardson. As usual the rabble up the road are slagging it off. I haven't seen their 'award winning' CEO 😡 coming up with any good ideas to generate income.
They dont need to speedway already does it for them

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 03 Apr 2013, 08:29:18 pm
race day

it will be a great day out the obsessed ones up the road having a go again so bitter

and how many of them will secretly have a bet on the races that day, or even go? fotty fyaced gits!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #20 on: 05 Apr 2013, 09:36:55 am
The club will be responsable for securing race sponsors,and selling corporate and public packages as well as race day tickets

Is there any financial risk to the club in this - e.g. have the club had to underwrite and give a commitment to a certain level of sponsorship and income for the racecourse ?

Offline flipflop

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 05 Apr 2013, 01:00:15 pm
Tommy. Probs nowt to do with you. There's genuine interest and things that have nowt to do with us

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #22 on: 05 Apr 2013, 02:26:23 pm
Tommy. Probs nowt to do with you. There's genuine interest and things that have nowt to do with us
dont think there is any outlay or risk to the club
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #23 on: 05 Apr 2013, 03:18:28 pm
Is anyone going ?

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #24 on: 05 Apr 2013, 03:23:16 pm
i would be there in a heart beat love the races but im away on holiday
THE MULLET IS BACK

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #25 on: 05 Apr 2013, 03:43:05 pm
Is anyone going ?

the club are putting transport on i think should be a good day
born and bred haven.

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #26 on: 05 Apr 2013, 04:45:34 pm
Its my birthday so me and my wife will be deffo there, on the £70 package hopefully :tip:

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #27 on: 05 Apr 2013, 09:56:52 pm
I think its a GREAT idea and hopefully, if successful it may become an annual offering.

I would certainly encourage ALL ex-pats in the area to take part if possible. Horse Racing in the U.K. is an absolutely much more "full" experience than in the States. Incredibly enjoyable, and if you can support our local Rugby Team at the same time it's even more of a pleasure.

beermatt42

Reply #28 on: 05 Apr 2013, 10:42:49 pm
I tend to disagree JD, we have already had two horses die at Aintree and the grand national isn't until tomorrow, i like horses and i find it barbaric.
I always liked George Orwells analogy in Animal Farm, he was saying that although horse racing is all about money, to the humans it is a way of generating money and although they will revel in it, the poor old race horse only ever gets an extra bale of hay, although they are of course, the work horses whose labour generated all the wealth in the first place.
He was of course talking about Marxism, and how the capitalists will always make money out of the working classes, who always get nothing.
Politics aside, horse racing is just plain cruel, and tomorrow i shall be watching Castleford play Huddersfield, rather than the grand national.

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #29 on: 06 Apr 2013, 01:28:50 am
I understand your approach beermatt42 and can certainly respect your position.

But my goodness, you could equate any professional sport to your analogy.

From a personal perspective, having owned a few race horses in the past I can attest that they are certainly not all abused and I reaffirm my wish for a great success for Haven's event.