HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

shaun briscoe

beermatt42

Reply #15 on: 13 Apr 2013, 02:47:16 pm
Does DR only apply to league matches, or can you use these players in the challenge cup?
I mean, are you talking about next Sundays match?

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 13 Apr 2013, 02:56:00 pm
as far as I'm aware you can use them in any match, however if they are players in and out of their SL squads they might prefer not to have them cup-tied
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 13 Apr 2013, 03:42:54 pm
Dear HAG, agree with you DR [whatever] is making a mockery of the competition and maing it grossly unfair, one of the reasons why I think RL has lost respect from the general and the sporting public. I know I am off thread here but did Sky not announce about three weeks ago they were switching from Fridays???? I never knew the saints catalan game was on because I just didn't bother after hearing that announcement. Did anyone else hear it or have I missed something?

beermatt42

Reply #18 on: 13 Apr 2013, 03:48:52 pm
I watched it Cran Cran, it's best just checking the radio times for matches on sky, i think they will always have the friday night matches no matter what, i mean there is no football then, so probably a slow day for them.
Not that they care about the fans though, the ones who catch the flu sitting in sub zero temperatures, blizzards etc, and have trouble getting home on the last train.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #19 on: 13 Apr 2013, 05:02:27 pm
point im making is they called us for using gardner(and rightly so) and were all high and migthy about the type of players they used,now its all changed so have their opinions and they are justify using briscoe
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 13 Apr 2013, 05:04:06 pm
using the DR to take your best player out of the team is priceless.

beermatt42

Reply #21 on: 13 Apr 2013, 05:09:09 pm
Never a truer word spoken Whitey, thats why Widnes are currently losing 12-6.
As a wire fan, i have to say, come on Cassy!
I met some of their fans in the Rodney in Warrington, some good lads and lasses.

beermatt42

Reply #22 on: 13 Apr 2013, 05:13:06 pm
Might have spoke too soon though.................
Can't Workington take Patrick Ah Van and Rhys Hanbury too?

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 13 Apr 2013, 05:15:15 pm
point im making is they called us for using gardner(and rightly so) and were all high and migthy about the type of players they used,now its all changed so have their opinions and they are justify using briscoe
There fans are all saying it's shocking, BUT the will back anyone who puts on a town shirt. So please tell me who their opinion has changed cos it seems to me they are not happy with this decision even tho BC has failed to train for 2 weeks so their coach is taking the don't train don't play stance. Or does this not sit with your anti workington agenda?
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

• Haven Legend
Reply #24 on: 13 Apr 2013, 05:24:37 pm
There fans are all saying it's shocking, BUT the will back anyone who puts on a town shirt. So please tell me who their opinion has changed cos it seems to me they are not happy with this decision even tho BC has failed to train for 2 weeks so their coach is taking the don't train don't play stance. Or does this not sit with your anti workington agenda?
read the thread again quite a few who are saying no problem with him playing ,some of who called us.I said at the time gardner played established SL players should not be playing on DR and it still stands,as one of their own says they have now lost any moral high ground in the DR debate

on another note they call us deluded yet there the ones saying stack and phillips are better than anything widnes have to offer.Thats funny havent seen either of theirs playing in SL yet
« Last Edit: 13 Apr 2013, 05:29:42 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

beermatt42

Reply #25 on: 13 Apr 2013, 05:35:51 pm
I've seen Shaun Briscoe play in superleague, nothing much to speak about, apart from his truely ugly face.
I thought Patrick ah Van and Rhys Hanbury were their man of the matches, not that Ah Van or Hanbury are any prettier mind, and you haven't seen the state of their fans lol.
Wire til i die.

beermatt42

Reply #26 on: 13 Apr 2013, 06:37:22 pm
well done Cassy!

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #27 on: 13 Apr 2013, 06:45:40 pm
Could see Philips playing super league but he has a very well paid job at sellafield
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #28 on: 13 Apr 2013, 07:23:52 pm
Its pretty simple BKM. BC hasn't trained through injury and we are bringing in a FB to replace him. I didnt say anything about haven bringing Gardner in. This is just your usual anti town agenda.

• Haven Legend
Reply #29 on: 13 Apr 2013, 07:53:56 pm
According to BC not injured just not picked,anti town you bet
THE MULLET IS BACK