HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Time for Woods to go?

Offline The wash

• Academy Signing
on: 21 Apr 2013, 09:38:26 pm
As someone else has said Woods sounded like Stokes at his worst on the radio, "the players don't do what I say" "it's not my fault" etc.

Is it time we got shot? He has not done one positive thing for me, none of his signings have come off (although were they his, other than Clarke) and he seems to have no impact on how the team plays. If certain individuals are up for it we win, if they aren't then we lose, regardless of tactics or inspiration from the coach.

Is it really his fault though? Town doing well with a local fella in charge who has a bit of passion and who they've had a bit of patience with when things have gone wrong. We've gone from one clueless Aussie to another.

Offline CocoLoco

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 21 Apr 2013, 09:42:47 pm
Get a grip.

Look at our league position! Our results against Town won't define the season!

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 21 Apr 2013, 09:52:39 pm
really ..... not a fan of woods but he is doing well in a tough league when you look at our fixtures so far.At the end of the next four fixtures then if we dont get at least 6 points ( expecting a minimum of 8) then we will revisit this thread
THE MULLET IS BACK

ca28

Reply #3 on: 21 Apr 2013, 10:13:44 pm
Seriously get a grip  :witch:

Offline Workingtonforever

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 21 Apr 2013, 10:29:44 pm
At least his pub is ment to be a success with his bottles of seven up selling through the roof

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 21 Apr 2013, 11:21:04 pm
Don out not good enough, now it's its woods out!

Maybe just maybe the PLAYERS are not good enough!
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline town24

• Academy Star
  • bluewhitearmy!
Reply #6 on: 21 Apr 2013, 11:22:24 pm
Lol lol lol lol lol lol.... I tell you one thing though can't beat a refreshing glass of 7UP :)

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #7 on: 21 Apr 2013, 11:28:19 pm
What a  bell end no Dave woods stays with us he's a good coach just give him time

Offline CocoLoco

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 22 Apr 2013, 05:43:15 am
I'm quite confident Haven will finish above Town regardless of our derby games. Onwards and upwards.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 22 Apr 2013, 07:10:21 am
Dear Wash, I have heard this cry from fans for nearly 50 year and I feel now it's almost a cultural thing at Whitehaven, the players need to take a closer look at themselves not the coach, I think the man's commintment by buying a business in the area is alomst unique, he wants the job, and to be fair his press comments weren't perhaps his best but I feel it's bourne out of frustration.

Offline Workingtonforever

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 22 Apr 2013, 08:14:36 am
I'm sure he does a great 7 course meal in his pub if your interested

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 22 Apr 2013, 08:23:32 am
I really wonder if some of the people that post on here are for real WHY get shot of the coach his job is to keep us in this league and so far he is doing that, yes we're not anywhere near the brilliant team of the Steve Mac era but but were rebuilding this year. A cup run would have been nice but anyone who thinks it is important to our season is nuts stopping up is far more important and the next 3 games in my eyes will either make or brake our season. So stop talking crap about sacking the coach and get behind the team the coaches and the BOD unless when its gone its gone.
Ps
Yes a defeat to the enemy hurts but as last week in Boston proves there's more to life than sport
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 22 Apr 2013, 08:24:09 am
The Wash:

I'm going to take your advice:

"...and who they've had a bit of patience with when things have gone wrong". Whilst I do expect the team's overall performance to get sorted I also expect Coach Woods to do the sorting.

BKM's comment is sound. The goal this year is to stay up and I still think Mr. Woods and this team can deliver.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 22 Apr 2013, 08:55:44 am
We can do more than stay up, but on our day we are more than a match for anybody in this league ala Sheffield. Let Town have there can ov 7 up but in reality they only seem to get up for games against us were we play better against the better teams, Why? Who knows.Dave Woods is a proven coach, who knows his stuff, we win on Sunday and things will look a bit better. On a personal note for Cain Southernwood he takes alot ov flack on this forum but for me he's not a bad little player, certainly not in the same league as kauralis. Keep the faith lads as I think we're not doing too bad.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #14 on: 22 Apr 2013, 09:24:11 am
which way some people are talking you would think we were beat by 50 points.While bragging rights are nice next 4 weeks are far more important
rooney blows hot and cold but his kicking game alone will win us games like it did at barrow
southerwood does appear to play better when rooney isn't on the pitch ,more freedom to play his own style i suppose
our pack more than held their own, infact i think our tackling one up one down meant thacks and acton were no where near as effective as in the past,dowes now that's a player that is coasting was he even playing ;)
More than confident we will turn Donny over next week, then swinton away(on TV we never do well on TV ) which could depend on who they have playing for them
« Last Edit: 22 Apr 2013, 08:56:12 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK