HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Time for Woods to go?

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #15 on: 22 Apr 2013, 09:40:06 am
I'm quite confident Haven will finish above Town regardless of our derby games. Onwards and upwards.
woods may get you higher finish than town in the league but that will be as he had the luxury of you playing keighley before they beefed their team up with DR and eagles had to play Friday night then travel up to  cumbria on Monday morning.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #16 on: 22 Apr 2013, 09:59:33 am
I'm quite confident Haven will finish above Town regardless of our derby games. Onwards and upwards.
woods may get you higher finish than town in the league but that will be as he had the luxury of you playing keighley before they beefed their team up with DR and eagles had to play Friday night then travel up to  cumbria on Monday morning.
oh dear when i mentioned this about the eagles prior to the game you said it would make no difference as they would still beat us, and when they didn't you did an about turn, you also fail to mention they rested 5 players on the Friday to be fresh for the Monday.We are doing what we need to do beating teams around us away from home to stay up as for cougars being poor same could be said for your result away at Swinton. Fact is we have got most of our difficult home games out of the way and with the exception of Batley all the teams still to visit the rec are out side the top 5,like wise away from home we have played most of the teams around us who would want to take points of us with only swinton,york and donny to visit .So with a tough start to the season and even after you lot beating us we are still above you and approaching what looks a less difficult 2nd half of the season,thats why talk of woods out is laughable
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #17 on: 22 Apr 2013, 10:18:14 am
oh dear when i mentioned this about the eagles prior to the game you said it would make no difference as they would still beat us, and when they didn't you did an about turn, you also fail to mention they rested 5 players on the Friday to be fresh for the Monday.We are doing what we need to do beating teams around us away from home to stay up as for cougars being poor same could be said for your result away at Swinton. Fact is we have got most of our difficult home games out of the way and with the exception of Batley all the teams still to visit the rec are out side the top 5,like wise away from home we have played most of the teams around us who would want to take points of us with only swinton,york and donny to visit .So with a tough start to the season and even after you lot beating us we are still above you and approaching what looks a less difficult 2nd half of the season,thats why talk of woods out is laughable
yes i agree keep woods please. Yesterday's result however tends to put your result at home to sheffield  into perspective

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #18 on: 22 Apr 2013, 10:20:33 am
Get off dave woods back you all called for don gailer to go last season. We came very close to beating town yesterday only for some bad penalties and a try saver on the hooter. Don gailer was told get us promoted job done. Dave woods job keep is to keep us in this tough league hes the job so far. Who would you bring in lets back and stop knocking our team and back dave woods
born and bred haven.

• Haven Legend
Reply #19 on: 22 Apr 2013, 10:31:28 am
yes i agree keep woods please. Yesterday's result however tends to put your result at home to sheffield  into perspective
the perspective is we beat one of the top 4 at home in the league and that bothers you and you cant give us any credit for it,instead you look for excuses why we did,well we did it because we played them off the park and they were never in it ,we also beat 2 teams close to us away and york at home a team that hammered you.So cougars have strenghtened since we played them, but then again hunslets have weakened since they played us with 5 DR players including a NRL players.Its swings and roundabout you never know who yor facing one week to the next which is why the current DR system is a farce.But thems the rules and you have to get on with and on that front  we have faired better than yourselfs with a tougher set of fixtures.
Thats why were happy for woods to stay, after your tonking at york and donny some of you lot wanted charlo out
« Last Edit: 22 Apr 2013, 10:52:06 am by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #20 on: 22 Apr 2013, 10:49:26 am
Agreed Haven 94 this woods talk is a joke !!

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #21 on: 22 Apr 2013, 10:52:16 am
the perspective is we beat one of the top 4 at home in the league and that bothers you and you cant give us any credit for it,instead you look for excuses why we did,well we did it because we played them off the park and they were never in it ,we also beat 2 teams close to us away and york at home a team that hammered you.So cougars have strenghtened since we played them, but then again hunslets have weakened since they played us with 5 DR players including a NRL players.Its swings and roundabout you never know who yor facing one week to the next which is why the current DR system is a farce.But thems the rules and you have to get on with and on that front  we have faired better than yourselfs with a tougher set of fixtures.
Thas why were happy for woods to stay, after your tonking at york and donny some of you lot wanted charlo out
which pub is your coach running then and what are his tv commitments.

• Haven Legend
Reply #22 on: 22 Apr 2013, 10:56:58 am
hes running the brooke and i dont know what he tv commitments are just know he hasnt been on for a while,sorry didn't realise charlo was a full time coach.Early doors i questioned how committed woods was but pleased to say that is not in doubt with the time and effort he puts into preparing the team
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 22 Apr 2013, 10:59:21 am
Agree it's worse than that it's undermining him in a difficult job, here's one for you BOD, could we not have a forum night, down in the bar just to let people have a discussion - not a slanging match just a meet the fans night?

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #24 on: 22 Apr 2013, 11:07:13 am
Agree it's worse than that it's undermining him in a difficult job, here's one for you BOD, could we not have a forum night, down in the bar just to let people have a discussion - not a slanging match just a meet the fans night?

Would they be bothered cran cran with the exception to barry richardson
born and bred haven.

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #25 on: 22 Apr 2013, 11:35:35 am
I think the problem is that a few of our top players think they no better and are not following the coaches game plans, yes sometimes things have to come off the cuff in games but the coach spends a lot of time looking at the opposition’s dvds to find their weaknesses ect, this is why each game is different and a lot of hard work goes into pre match preparation by the coach.

Offline Haven Lad

• First Team Backup
Reply #26 on: 22 Apr 2013, 12:05:23 pm
11 games into the season and sitting in 8th, beat the champions, its our first season in the league for a while. Maintaining championship status is the task then we build from there, calling for woods out is stupid at this moment
Whitehaven 2010....Heres to the future.

Offline lastmanstanding

• First Team Backup
Reply #27 on: 22 Apr 2013, 02:07:04 pm
The defining moment for woods will be if we stay in the championship  :bow: as for his coaching skills I for one question them as the team run hot / cold every week.
Has he got the ability to motivate the team? Does the team not respect him? Have we got the right personnel on and off the field to deliver consistent performances week in week out to show fans that they are 100% committed to deliver the goods.
Is the club committed to delivering a good experience for supporters  ::) or are we expecting too much from below par BOD to LEAD AND GROW the the club in all avenues.

Also on the subject of the Coach in brings into question the previous clubs he worked ? For and the reasons he was let go when in charge "may be he has the knowledge but can't apply it to people" basic management skills needed.

If players are not performing then do something about it and stop blaming everyone week in week out.

Offline CocoLoco

• Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 22 Apr 2013, 02:58:10 pm
One thing we a definetly lacking is a leader.

Offline fnlde

• Academy Signing
Reply #29 on: 22 Apr 2013, 05:27:11 pm
we don't need woods out you fools that are calling for him to go. we need a few that can mix the game up and get nasty when we need to. someone like a McDonald or Jackson we need some bottle were to nice