HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Time for Woods to go?

Offline The Jackal

• Academy Star
Reply #30 on: 22 Apr 2013, 08:46:55 pm
Here we go again because some posters have a different opinion they are being called "bell end" or "fools".
I must be one of them aswell because Mr Woods has yet to convince me. Tactical knowledge is one thing but it takes more to be a coach. Do you ever hear the likes of McDermott, Wane, Smith, or even in this League Kear etc constantly blaming the players for not following orders and training routines. Yes sometimes the players don't do it, but often the coaches deflect this and don't just blame the players. Take the Seb Martins comments yesterday, IMO that was a poor public response to his performance.
As has already been mentioned he has left other clubs under a cloud, why would this happen if he was such a good coach?
I don't think he should or will leave but the jury is still out in my mind - does that make me a fool?

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #31 on: 22 Apr 2013, 09:46:51 pm
Of course it's not time for Woods to go......BUT he is making himself look rather silly when every time haven get beaten he comes on after the game with the same old story.......'They don't stick to my game plan and so and so played badly'

FGS man these are the very things a coach is payed to sort out, so by repeating yourself you are suggesting to people that it's YOU who is not sorting it ...or capable of sorting it.

My advice....get the job done and stop moaning that it's not sorted.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #32 on: 22 Apr 2013, 10:22:07 pm
you could see the disappointment etched on the players faces when Calvert didn't score, that is not a team who are not trying or not behind the coach.  Be honest if you had the choice or both squads how many Haven players would you have in it.  I can't see past 4 myself.  Town have underachieved in the league this season, they have a far superior squad at present and yesterday we ran them very close.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #33 on: 22 Apr 2013, 10:34:03 pm
No they don't they play with pride and have a better confidence thats all they have maybe anouther prop more with a bit of quality that's it and every other game apart from yesterday is where they beat us

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #34 on: 22 Apr 2013, 11:41:44 pm
Could someone please tell me, if Calvert had gone in after the hooter and Rooney had kicked the conversion would this thread be open ?

In a sporting competition there are going to be winners and losers, grow up and get over it, its Donny on Sunday.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #35 on: 23 Apr 2013, 05:05:43 am
Could someone please tell me, if Calvert had gone in after the hooter and Rooney had kicked the conversion would this thread be open ?

In a sporting competition there are going to be winners and losers, grow up and get over it, its Donny on Sunday.
agree in the end a game of 80 mins came down to the last few seconds,they are always banging on about their awesome pack ,yet we more than matched them up front and our kicking game was far better although i dont think we turned them round enough by kicking deep.Team spirit is excellent as shown when we force errors etc.
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline tompepper

• Academy Signing
Reply #36 on: 23 Apr 2013, 06:58:20 am
Go on, bit of fun here, out of the 2 teams pick a 17. Not from Sundays match but who you would/would not have.

Carter
miller (yeah Cameron edged him Sunday but I think you are wasting Cameron on the wing)
Mcavoy
Parker
Calvert
Rooney
Phillips (Town don't seem to see him as a 7, wish they would)
Dowes
Mattinson
Coward
Stack
Doran
Olstrom

Lupton (to play 13 when Matty is spelled, Olstrom going to 9)
Thackray
Acton
Shackley

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #37 on: 23 Apr 2013, 07:07:15 am
Well I wouldn't have Dowes over 2 games he has done very little I didn't even know he was playing til near end very poor I would have Houghton over him plus I would never have the greedy mercenary in any team I would select so sice infront of him plus Culneen and Jackson on the bench
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline Haven n Proud

• Academy Star
Reply #38 on: 23 Apr 2013, 09:15:42 am
1. Carter
2. Miller
3. Mcavoy
4. Parker
5. Calvert
6. Rooney
7. Phillips
8. Houghton
9. Mattinson
10. Dowes
11. Stack
12. Doran
13. Olstrum

14. Sice
15. Jackson
16. Thackray
17. Shackley

18. Cameron

Both teams seperate we are a very closely matched mid table team. Put us together think we could have a top championship standard team easily if not better  :P.

Online spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #39 on: 23 Apr 2013, 09:28:47 am
Surprised brett phillips hasnt been named in them teams

Offline JAYFORHAVEN

• Academy Star
Reply #40 on: 23 Apr 2013, 09:33:51 am

It Does Not Matter If He Got The Ball Down Or Not It Was Knocked On By Clarke Before Carlvert Got The Ball It Is All Shown On Video Watch It On trustinhaven site if you are a member

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #41 on: 23 Apr 2013, 10:07:53 am
Time for woods to go? No

Time for woods to earn his wages? YES!

too often he tells us this player,that player and the other player doesnt do as they are told to do from training onto the pitch..........

as i've said elsewhere, time to grow a set mr woods and drop them!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #42 on: 23 Apr 2013, 07:56:58 pm
1 Cameron
2 Calvert
3 jjp
4 mcavoy
5 miller
6 Lupton
7 southernwood
8 Culnean
9 Phillips
10 Jackson
11 b.phillips
12 shackley
13 olstrom

14 sice
15 doran
16 acton
17 Thackeray

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #43 on: 23 Apr 2013, 08:17:31 pm
I would like to compare the coach scenario with Carlisle United......although im a whitehaven fan and have been for around 40 years i take the opportunity to travel with some fantastic supporters on CUFC's final away games for the last 3 years....in fancy dress as chefs at Norwich, last year at sheffield wednesday and last weekend at Bournemouth dressed as smurfs( 53 of us) and can honestly say there is a massive divide with "fors" and "against" for gregg Abbott as club coach and i sat in pubs and on the bus listening to both cases....and one thing was clear in this debate and its that the fans support the team whatever the result and accept the manager/coach is at the club.....i find it crazy we have gone into the championship with a tough task and for people calling for the coach to be sacked after a handful of games i believe we should support and encourage our staff aswell as the team here cos lets be honest who would step in and get us into a top 4 this year??? nee yan....come on people accept what we have and where we are right now in our first year back in the championship and get behind the coaching staff........cufc have had abbott for years now.... but the supporters accept the setup and continue to support their team through good and not so good times, i dont believe we can continue changing coaches we need some stability and i think we will get there soon.

Offline Pinnochio

• Academy Star
Reply #44 on: 23 Apr 2013, 08:36:04 pm
Well said Gary.