HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Ha ha

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
on: 03 Jun 2013, 06:23:20 pm
Funniest thing I've herd in ages Has just been on border news Town are expecting 10k Att at both World Cup games there's nowt like being optimistic will be lucky if they get 5k for both fixtures.
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

ca28

Reply #1 on: 03 Jun 2013, 06:25:58 pm
Oh to think they have redeveloped there ground and have some World Cup games, if only we could have had that.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 03 Jun 2013, 06:44:00 pm
end of the day there laffn at us for the complete arse we made of it whatever they make cash wise

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 03 Jun 2013, 06:47:45 pm
Funniest thing I've herd in ages Has just been on border news Town are expecting 10k Att at both World Cup games there's nowt like being optimistic will be lucky if they get 5k for both fixtures.
i doubt there will be 10k there but whatever the crowd is its good for west cumbria  to be hosting some games of the 2013 RLWC.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 03 Jun 2013, 07:46:36 pm
Trouble is if the gates are paltry then it would mean further internationals in the area would not be considered for a long time.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 04 Jun 2013, 04:51:29 pm
wont matter to Haven after throwing the stadium away

Offline CocoLoco

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 04 Jun 2013, 05:35:15 pm
I would hope we would maybe get a warm up game with Cumbria v A.N Other

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 04 Jun 2013, 07:55:59 pm
Reality is there may be 2k at each match

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 05 Jun 2013, 08:57:38 pm
3 to 3.5k per game.

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 05 Jun 2013, 09:12:38 pm
3 to 3.5k per game.

Think that's very optimistic to be honest. I think it'll be around 2k for the first game and whatever happens with that will affect the next game but it won't be any more turning up.

ca28

Reply #10 on: 05 Jun 2013, 09:24:28 pm
3 to 3.5k per game.

If its marketed properly there is no reason that 3.5k crowd can be achieved. Are they doing any offers for buying tickets to see all the games ?

Offline The wash

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 06 Jun 2013, 07:15:59 am
I hear there are plans to give away thousands of tickets -- every school in West Cumbria will get a load, local amateur/community clubs etc.

Local sponsors will cover the cost of the free tickets so RFL are happy and then sponsors will look good if the stands look full. A win-win (unless you think socioeconomic money mainly from the nuclear industry would be better spent on sustainable long term projects that really benefit the area.)

Copeland must be very very disappointed to see Allerdale councillors and Workington Town directors sitting smiling in their "new" stand. A case of look at what you could have won.

I just hope fans from both sides get behind the games.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #12 on: 06 Jun 2013, 07:55:38 am
I hear there are plans to give away thousands of tickets -- every school in West Cumbria will get a load, local amateur/community clubs etc.

Local sponsors will cover the cost of the free tickets so RFL are happy and then sponsors will look good if the stands look full. A win-win (unless you think socioeconomic money mainly from the nuclear industry would be better spent on sustainable long term projects that really benefit the area.)

Copeland must be very very disappointed to see Allerdale councillors and Workington Town directors sitting smiling in their "new" stand. A case of look at what you could have won.

I just hope fans from both sides get behind the games.

not a hope  :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:
born and bred haven.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #13 on: 06 Jun 2013, 07:56:14 am
born and bred haven.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 06 Jun 2013, 09:59:47 am
I hope supporters from both sides back the games. I would come across as very bitter if haven fans won't go just because its at Workington.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details