HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Ha ha

ca28

Reply #15 on: 06 Jun 2013, 10:02:11 am
I hope supporters from both sides back the games. I would come across as very bitter childish iif haven fans won't go just because its at Workington.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #16 on: 06 Jun 2013, 10:04:17 am
I hope supporters from both sides back the games. I would come across as very bitter if haven fans won't go just because its at Workington.

if they were games worth watching ie australia, new zealand or england but not scotland v tonga or italy sorry i wont be going.
born and bred haven.

beermatt42

Reply #17 on: 06 Jun 2013, 10:49:08 am
Hit the nail on the head Sean, some of these world cup games look terrible fixtures and that's the reason people wont turn up, not the fact it's in Workington.
I wouldn't even travel all the way to Cardiff to watch England play Australia, it might be a good match, but the RFL have done it again and placed it in out of the way Cardiff, well done the bumbling buffoons, another empty stadium.
I am Sure more people turned out at the Halliwell Jones last week, for the match against Salford, than will turn out next week for the England exiles match, or the world cup match of New Zealand v Samoa, don't know what it is but I reckon this world cup is gonna be one big failure, sorry!

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 06 Jun 2013, 11:01:27 am
I hope supporters from both sides back the games. I would come across as very bitter if haven fans won't go just because its at Workington.

if they were games worth watching ie australia, new zealand or england but not scotland v tonga or italy sorry i wont be going.
But if they were in Whitehaven you would? Or would you have stopped at home for the same reason?
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #19 on: 06 Jun 2013, 11:11:12 am

But if they were in Whitehaven you would? Or would you have stopped at home for the same reason?
again more than likely wouldnt pay to watch scotland, tonga or italy im a whitehaven fan and english so wouldnt waste needless money on poor rugby nations
born and bred haven.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #20 on: 06 Jun 2013, 11:19:53 am

i went jamland 4 times last season to watch my team whitehaven and good games rugby games but you tell me scotland v tonga v italy will be worth watching. you will got the normal 500 jambos and maybe another few hundred neutrals   :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
born and bred haven.

beermatt42

Reply #21 on: 06 Jun 2013, 11:34:21 am
Another laughable thing about this world cup is the amount of Englishmen willing to play for Scotland or Wales, just because they wont make the England squad.
Danny Brough is the most recent example, he was left out of the England squad, amid rumours of some sort of a row with the manager, (though if you ask me, he's overhyped and just not good enough).
So he says, 'Well, if I can't play for England, I'll go and play for Scotland instead'.  This is despite the fact that he was on the Nicholas Crane programme 'TOWN', only the other night, proclaiming (along with other Huddersfield players), how they were all local lads and how he was from 'just down the road in Dewsbury', laughable or what, and just the sort of thing that is making this world cup a laughing stock.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 06 Jun 2013, 12:05:27 pm
Another laughable thing about this world cup is the amount of Englishmen willing to play for Scotland or Wales, just because they wont make the England squad.
Danny Brough is the most recent example, he was left out of the England squad, amid rumours of some sort of a row with the manager, (though if you ask me, he's overhyped and just not good enough).
So he says, 'Well, if I can't play for England, I'll go and play for Scotland instead'.  This is despite the fact that he was on the Nicholas Crane programme 'TOWN', only the other night, proclaiming (along with other Huddersfield players), how they were all local lads and how he was from 'just down the road in Dewsbury', laughable or what, and just the sort of thing that is making this world cup a laughing stock.
He has changes nations more times than I can remember
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline DonkeyParker

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 06 Jun 2013, 01:51:20 pm

again more than likely wouldnt pay to watch scotland, tonga or italy im a whitehaven fan and english so wouldnt waste needless money on poor rugby nations

So your not willing to support any Haven players that might be playing for Scotland?

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #24 on: 06 Jun 2013, 02:08:29 pm

So your not willing to support any Haven players that might be playing for Scotland?
good luck to paul jackson like i said i will not be there  :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:
born and bred haven.

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #25 on: 06 Jun 2013, 02:09:25 pm

Poor rugby nations ?

Tonga have got a pack of forwards that will compete with any team - Brent Kite, Sam Moa, Sika Manu, Anthony Tupou, Fuifui Moimoi, Richie Fa'aoso, Jason Taumalolo - all established NRL players, plus the likes of Paea & Lauaki from SL.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #26 on: 06 Jun 2013, 02:11:40 pm

Poor rugby nations ?

Tonga have got a pack of forwards that will compete with any team - Brent Kite, Sam Moa, Sika Manu, Anthony Tupou, Fuifui Moimoi, Richie Fa'aoso, Jason Taumalolo - all established NRL players, plus the likes of Paea & Lauaki from SL.
good luck to them then i will have a look when its on tv
born and bred haven.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #27 on: 06 Jun 2013, 03:08:39 pm
I guess it depends which 2 games they plan to stage. Would be great to get close to 10k but realistically 2k sounds more like it if that !!!!

Offline town24

• Academy Star
  • bluewhitearmy!
Reply #28 on: 06 Jun 2013, 03:14:49 pm
What a bitter lot Hahahaha I can't wait to watch RL WORLD CUP down at DP
:) :) :)

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #29 on: 06 Jun 2013, 04:12:51 pm
I hope it dos'nt ☔ or they could be playing at Copland stadium
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold