HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Ha ha

Offline elbra

• Academy Signing
Reply #30 on: 06 Jun 2013, 06:10:43 pm
I love Rugby League. I love Town. I like Whitehaven. However this stupid banter ignores the fact that there is a world cup in Cumbria-something that could have been in Whitehaven if they had got their act right.
So rather than enthuse about this, various factions decide to deride the efforts of Allerdale and WTRLFC.
I  had hoped, we, as Cumbrians, were bigger than this purile attempt to denigrate the efforts at Workington.
Come on let's support the event; show the world we are not some backwater and give a full Cumbrian support to the world cup.
I would have been at Whitehaven if the event had been there, let the Whitehaven people do the same.
This is a once in a lfetime chance to see quality players from around the world.
 The world does not end at the Pelican which ever way you travel

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #31 on: 06 Jun 2013, 06:33:15 pm
I hope supporters from both sides back the games. I would come across as very bitter if haven fans won't go just because its at Workington.

if they were games worth watching ie australia, new zealand or england but not scotland v tonga or italy sorry i wont be going.
But if they were in Whitehaven you would? Or would you have stopped at home for the same reason?
again more than likely wouldnt pay to watch scotland, tonga or italy im a whitehaven fan and english so wouldnt waste needless money on poor rugby nations

So your not willing to support any Haven players that might be playing for Scotland?
good luck to paul jackson like i said i will not be there  :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:
shaun so you wouldn't have gone to havens new ground to watch these "poor" teams if it had gone ahead? just admit it your not going because its at DP. there will be some good players on show as tommygun says. your loss lad.

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #32 on: 06 Jun 2013, 06:42:46 pm
I love Rugby League. I love Town. I like Whitehaven. However this stupid banter ignores the fact that there is a world cup in Cumbria-something that could have been in Whitehaven if they had got their act right.
So rather than enthuse about this, various factions decide to deride the efforts of Allerdale and WTRLFC.
I  had hoped, we, as Cumbrians, were bigger than this purile attempt to denigrate the efforts at Workington.
Come on let's support the event; show the world we are not some backwater and give a full Cumbrian support to the world cup.
I would have been at Whitehaven if the event had been there, let the Whitehaven people do the same.
This is a once in a lfetime chance to see quality players from around the world.

Well said elbra. Haven had their chance to host it and for whatever reason that was lost. It's International RL featuring SL and NRL players on our doorstep. I will be there and at quite a few other games as it's a great showcase for this sport. We all need to get behind it to show the RFL that this area is still a RL hotbed. Haven will get there chance to host games in the future BUT neither club will get the chance if everyone stays at home and watches it on TV

In the 2000 RLWC I had the pleasure of watching Samoa v NZ Maoris at DP on a lousy wet night and it was great entertainment, I watched Scotland v Fiji in OZ in 2008 World Cup one of the most enjoyable games I saw out there.

Get behind it Sean........you know you want to!!

Des

Offline Richard Bills

• Academy Star
Reply #33 on: 06 Jun 2013, 06:52:53 pm
Well said! It shouldn't be about partisan issues, such as the venue, hosting rights etc, etc. We can either choose to get behind the event, or reinforce the national stereotype that Cumbria is a regional backwater incapable of staging events of any magnitude.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #34 on: 06 Jun 2013, 07:17:20 pm
hear hear to the above I'm looking forward to the games at DP and our lot knacked up our chances so lets not take a side swipe at Town on this issue. I think we could all make it a showcase for Cumbria.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #35 on: 06 Jun 2013, 07:32:01 pm

Well said elbra. Haven had their chance to host it and for whatever reason that was lost. It's International RL featuring SL and NRL players on our doorstep. I will be there and at quite a few other games as it's a great showcase for this sport. We all need to get behind it to show the RFL that this area is still a RL hotbed. Haven will get there chance to host games in the future BUT neither club will get the chance if everyone stays at home and watches it on TV

In the 2000 RLWC I had the pleasure of watching Samoa v NZ Maoris at DP on a lousy wet night and it was great entertainment, I watched Scotland v Fiji in OZ in 2008 World Cup one of the most enjoyable games I saw out there.

Des
Well said, both of you.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #36 on: 06 Jun 2013, 10:05:50 pm

Des
very good post Des. people must see this is about cumbria and RL The sport we love.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #37 on: 07 Jun 2013, 07:57:05 am

Des
very good post Des. people must see this is about cumbria and RL The sport we love.

im sure we would of seen you at the rec town4me if the games had been here  :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: when you hardly watch town away  :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:
born and bred haven.

ca28

Reply #38 on: 07 Jun 2013, 09:23:44 am
Be Jesus some people on here need to gets a grip. It's at DP and yes it's the home of cough cough Town, but it won't stop me from going to see some good rugby and maybe have a few beers with fans fan other Cumbrian clubs after the games !

beermatt42

Reply #39 on: 07 Jun 2013, 11:11:59 am
Well speaking from North Cheshire, I think it would be interesting to see the attendance figures for the forthcoming England V Exiles match, there are some very good players on show, but will it generate enough interest?
How many fans will travel from Widnes, or Wigan, or even further afield, Yorkshire or Cumbria?
It will be interesting to see, I know one stand will be empty, because no tickets are being sold for the West stand at all, and if they fail to fill the other three stands, then the place could look empty.
A shame if it did, because Warrington is a town where RL is actually growing, but if an international (of sorts) fails to sell out there, then what is going on?
If anyone is interested, there is a good deal on the Wire website, you can get to see the England v Exiles match, plus the world cup openers of England v Australia and Wales v Italy in Cardiff (both on the same day) all for £45, not bad, especially when you consider the quality on display.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #40 on: 07 Jun 2013, 11:59:56 am
Be Jesus some people on here need to gets a grip. It's at DP and yes it's the home of cough cough Town, but it won't stop me from going to see some good rugby and maybe have a few beers with fans fan other Cumbrian clubs after the games !

personal choice marra i dont get a buzz watching some internationals you enjoy
born and bred haven.

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #41 on: 07 Jun 2013, 05:58:52 pm

Des

im sure we would of seen you at the rec town4me if the games had been here  :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: when you hardly watch town away  :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:
your wrong shaun i would have had no problem with coming to whitehaven had you hosted the games.

Offline townster

• Academy Signing
Reply #42 on: 07 Jun 2013, 11:12:28 pm
Just to add that i will attend at DP and would have attended at the wreck if the games had been there, and as for some posters thinking Town are to make out of this game it should be noted that this is a RFL run affair, marketed by them, organised by them and they take all the money etc, DP is just a venue that the World Cup hosts, (RFL) are using, if the truth be known it might actually be costing town money.   Jack O'Malley

beermatt42

Reply #43 on: 07 Jun 2013, 11:43:28 pm
Good post townster except for the last line that is, surely the world cup will bring money into the town, each team and their fans will need to be fed, waterered and kept for the night.
Given the post as a whole, I must agree with Sean, it is difficult to generate any interest in a team that you simply don't support, I learn't this at the magic weekend, I just couldn't get into Castleford against Wakefield, it looked inferior, and yes the Hull derby too, although I did have some support for London against the Catalans.
Simple fact is, you can only get excited for the team you support, and internationals can hold no sway sometimes.
Does this make Sean Narrow-minded, or bigoted? I think not, it makes him a dyed in the wool Whitehaven Fan and that is that.
I will be at Wires next home game against Wigan, but I won't be at the England Exiles match at the same stadium, am I a turncoat, a traitor or an imbecile? I think not, Wire is in my blood same as Haven is in Seans  we are cut from the same cloth and that's what makes us true fans! 
« Last Edit: 07 Jun 2013, 11:45:02 pm by beermatt42 »

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #44 on: 08 Jun 2013, 08:09:31 am
Just to add that i will attend at DP and would have attended at the wreck if the games had been there, and as for some posters thinking Town are to make out of this game it should be noted that this is a RFL run affair, marketed by them, organised by them and they take all the money etc, DP is just a venue that the World Cup hosts, (RFL) are using, if the truth be known it might actually be costing town money.   Jack O'Malley
Dear Townster, usually home venues got 10% of the gate is this also been changed????