Guest · 26 · 1177

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #15 on: 12 May 2008, 10:40:17 pm
at least it was wigan n not wath brow or egremont &thornhill :D

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #16 on: 12 May 2008, 11:49:32 pm
playing away from on on a monday night to a full strength SL team, while more than half of ours done half a shift today then 3 hours on a bus in this heat and a bench full of mostly (expect ford) what i would class as reserve players and thats no direspect

then what else did we expect

i could not give a stuff it will be tomorrows chip paper and sunday is far more important

I had a feeling Haven would get a stuffing tonight but not by such a wide margin.   You shouldn't need to look for excuses though and this half the team were at work today before they went to Wigan is wearing a bit thin now.     BKM you saw one player at 9.45am and Dal Maca saw two on early shift.   That's hardly "more than half" of Haven's team.     Just accept that Wigan are a top class SL team and Haven are an average NL1 team and these sort of results will become common place in the future, just move on.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #17 on: 12 May 2008, 11:58:11 pm
playing away from on on a monday night to a full strength SL team, while more than half of ours done half a shift today then 3 hours on a bus in this heat and a bench full of mostly (expect ford) what i would class as reserve players and thats no direspect

then what else did we expect

i could not give a stuff it will be tomorrows chip paper and sunday is far more important

I had a feeling Haven would get a stuffing tonight but not by such a wide margin.   You shouldn't need to look for excuses though and this half the team were at work today before they went to Wigan is wearing a bit thin now.     BKM you saw one player at 9.45am and Dal Maca saw two on early shift.   That's hardly "more than half" of Haven's team.     Just accept that Wigan are a top class SL team and Haven are an average NL1 team and these sort of results will become common place in the future, just move on.

We've accepted it Keith - but it doesn't help either does it. I've never seen such a weak left side as i did in that secod half  :(
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline Marraforlife

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 13 May 2008, 09:18:55 am
The players who work should ask their bosses for a little leeway. I'm sure they wouldn't begrudge thgem it!

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #19 on: 13 May 2008, 01:29:03 pm
They have leeway most of the season by getting the weekends off & through the week for training.

Shift rota's can't be changed that quickly you need others to take their place. I have been told on good authority 8/9 players were in work yesterday morning !

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 13 May 2008, 01:34:16 pm
i agree Keith 100% marra at the end of the day Wigan are fulltime SL team were not and at the end of the day if they had to work fulltime and then travel up heer i cant see the scoreline been the same either but whats done is done next game Batley

Monte2carlo

Reply #21 on: 13 May 2008, 04:11:20 pm
To be honest,

I am not really that bothered about an excellent Wiggun stuffing us, so long as we stuff Batley this Sunday i'll be happy

Monte

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 13 May 2008, 04:23:48 pm
let me put this into prespective

what would you rather have done

Get stuffed off wigan?

or
lose to thornhill, egremont, wath brow and blackpool?

ile let you decide

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #23 on: 14 May 2008, 04:09:58 pm
stuffed by wigan deffo lol  ;)
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline boygenius

• Academy Signing
Reply #24 on: 14 May 2008, 05:22:36 pm
im sorry but if i worked with one of these players then i would kick up a stink if they were given any leway, why should they get it, im a semi pro drinker, should i get a bit of leway...answers on a postcard....although i probably could have done a better job than half of them !!!

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 15 May 2008, 07:26:35 am
Well at least we didn't get beat by a team that had not won a game in 48 games

We can preserve our pride :D:D:D

preserve our pride?

after a result like that i'm sorry, but there can be no pride from conceding over 100 points in a game,

lets cut the full time vs part time crap too, how often do you see these types of scorelines in football, when a top team plays a part time team? to compare you would have to say a top football team would have to beat a team of part-timers probably about 20-0 and that hasn't happened for a very long time

i'm sorry but every single player involved in that game has created their own piece of history, which i hope will never be repeated, god i hope they're proud!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good