HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Bramley Buffaloes - Your View

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 22 Apr 2007, 05:01:47 pm
Couldn't make the match today due to a family christening - listened to updates on Radio Cumbria and sounded a tad volatile - with Jackson being sent off and a couple of players sin-binned.

I await match reports from those able to make it today.

Poor attendance, a combination of the opposition and the weather today?
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

popularsider

Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2007, 05:03:30 pm
like i said earlier reduced prices maybe a bigger crowd

anyways i went today as i was bored!

good performance in the first half calvert got a full lengther in the second half

ford was immense when he came on farmer strong defence bull and aaron smith were superb up front

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2007, 05:08:00 pm
Why reduced prices? 

Whitehaven RLFC is a business not a charity - it was up to folks if they wanted to go, players and staff still have to be paid despite the attendance so reducing prices would not have been prudent.

I think the weather was more of a factor than the opposition

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2007, 05:20:42 pm
The chat room is now open so come on in and chat about the match and the draw that is to be made shortly!

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 22 Apr 2007, 05:29:32 pm
Not  a  bad  effort.  Game  went  as  predicted.

More  worrying  might  be  the  injury  to  Rudd  and  what  will  happen  to  jacko  with  his  sending  off.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 22 Apr 2007, 05:36:55 pm
jacko sent off for retaliating for being stamped on...then the  guy that stamped on him got sin binned

what a joke

with our injuries lets hope he gets sending off enough
« Last Edit: 22 Apr 2007, 06:09:02 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

popularsider

Reply #6 on: 22 Apr 2007, 05:44:39 pm
mrs haven warrior today the crowd was

surely if we had reduced the price to ?5-6 and got maybe 1300-1400 we would have made more cash?

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 22 Apr 2007, 05:56:48 pm
Maybe  they  should  have  made  it  a  tenner  with  kids  a  quid.

Still  good  to  see  there  letting  kids  in  for  a  ?1  with  a  paying  adult  for  the  Cats  game.  About  time  they  started  doing  things  like  this  to  promote  a  game.

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #8 on: 22 Apr 2007, 06:01:44 pm
haven had a great game and the acadamy lads played good i fote maden and calvert was klass and duffy as usual lol
does anyone no wats wrong with rudd ?
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #9 on: 22 Apr 2007, 06:05:07 pm

surely if we had reduced the price to ?5-6 and got maybe 1300-1400 we would have made more cash?

The amount taken at the turnstiles would have been LESS!!  Fair enough a bigger crowd but reduced revenue!

- as I said earlier - Whitehaven RLFC are NOT a charity -  you don't see the likes of Man Utd. Liverpool, Chelsea et al - all reducing the prices because they are playing lower division teams!

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 22 Apr 2007, 06:27:43 pm

The amount taken at the turnstiles would have been LESS!!  Fair enough a bigger crowd but reduced revenue!

- as I said earlier - Whitehaven RLFC are NOT a charity -  you don't see the likes of Man Utd. Liverpool, Chelsea et al - all reducing the prices because they are playing lower division teams!

Actually  Mrs  H  most  Prem  teams  reduce  prices  when  they  play  lower  league  clubs  in  cup  games.  Chelsea  actually  reduced  prices  for  a  Champions  league  game  during  the  group  stages  because  they  were  only  getting  30,000.

Teams  also  reduce  prices  depending  on  who  they  play  in  the  league.  My  mates  a  Man  City  fan  and  they  prioritise  games.  Basically  the  bigger  the  team  the  more  fans  pay  on  the  gate.

there offside ref

Reply #11 on: 22 Apr 2007, 06:38:43 pm
show up and win again attitude from have.
can't believe the tackle on Duffy when he scored his 2nd try wasn't put on report. or the Muppet from bramley sinbinned.
out sung by the away supporters AGAIN

Offline Haven till we die

• Academy Star
  • Grand Final here we come HAVEN!!
    • www.whitehavenrl.co.uk
Reply #12 on: 22 Apr 2007, 06:41:32 pm
Mrs H,

Its not just about revenue! Yes it is a business and not a charity and any business also needs to look to the future. Today was an ideal opportunity to reduce prices for adults or children and put some extra " bums on seats". Maybe then, we wouldn't also have the embarassment of 800 Haven fans being out sung by a group of no more than 60 Bramley fans for the entire game!. Bramley deserved their cup final today and their fans were excellent, i just feel that we missed an opportunity to get more people interested in the team. The Kid for a quid scheme for the catalan game is spot on, and more fans at he game singing for the team may help us to upset the French.

Offline Bransty Lad

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 22 Apr 2007, 06:44:59 pm
If your talking about the high tackle as Duffy scored then that was by their full Back and he was sent off for the offense

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 22 Apr 2007, 06:45:43 pm
show up and win again attitude from have.
can't believe the tackle on Duffy when he scored his 2nd try wasn't put on report. or the Muppet from bramley sinbinned.
out sung by the away supporters AGAIN

i may be wrong, but i think the guy was sent off for the high shot on duffy, he certainly walked from the field and striaght to the change rooms,

i thought today we done what was required, they came on strong for 1st 20 or so then we got on top, they tired and welcomed half time
typical haven start to 2nd half, ie poor for 1st 10 or so, once they realised they werent going to get anything from it they started to mix it a bit, the guy who elbowed jackson and was eventually sin binned should have walked with jacko, he done it a further twice that i can remember, and on both occassions was when the player was on the ground!< tough lad!!>

all in all it wasnt a great performance, on that shwoing we will struggle against tougher teams, but as we all know, we tend to raise our game for bigger teams!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good