HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Bramley Buffaloes - Your View

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 22 Apr 2007, 07:19:50 pm
mrs haven warrior today the crowd was

surely if we had reduced the price to ?5-6 and got maybe 1300-1400 we would have made more cash?

The amount taken at the turnstiles would have been LESS!!  Fair enough a bigger crowd but reduced revenue!

- as I said earlier - Whitehaven RLFC are NOT a charity -  you don't see the likes of Man Utd. Liverpool, Chelsea et al - all reducing the prices because they are playing lower division teams!

Actually  Mrs  H  most  Prem  teams  reduce  prices  when  they  play  lower  league  clubs  in  cup  games.  Chelsea  actually  reduced  prices  for  a  Champions  league  game  during  the  group  stages  because  they  were  only  getting  30,000.

Teams  also  reduce  prices  depending  on  who  they  play  in  the  league.  My  mates  a  Man  City  fan  and  they  prioritise  games.  Basically  the  bigger  the  team  the  more  fans  pay  on  the  gate.

And if they start putting prices up when playing better teams you will get people whinging also, the crowd today suffered i would say mainly because of the weather. If if they had reduced the price, it was the rain that keep people away not the admission price.

TW

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 22 Apr 2007, 07:25:12 pm
Games  like  this  are  often  no  win  situation's.  More  often  than  not  you  get  dragged  down  to  their  standard  which  was  the  case  today.

Offline picasso kid

• Academy Signing
Reply #17 on: 22 Apr 2007, 07:36:14 pm
For me total garbage.  We won, but....... 2nd class performance.  Good in parts but awful in others.  They had 11 men at 1 point and we played down the middle !!!

Also, move the winger out of centre, Maiden is not a centre and never will be.  He plays like a winger and looks inside all the time instead of releasing HIS winger.

Good crack with Hells though and rest in bar after match

Pk

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 22 Apr 2007, 07:39:04 pm
If  I  was  the  owner  of  WRLFC  I  would  vary  admission  prices  depending  on  who  we  played.

For  example  if  we  played  Cas  Or  Widnes  I  would  increase  the  gate  price  to  ?14  for  2  reasons.  1,  these  are  games  most  fans  want  to  see  so  it  makes  good  business  sense  to  charge  more.  Secondly  teams  like  Cas  and  Widnes  charge  about  ?14  so why  should  their  fans  pay  less  at  our  spot  when  our  fans  pay  more  at  their  place.

Against  the  likes  of  Batley  and  Sheffield  admission  should  be  say  ?10  with  kids  free.  This  would  entice  some  fans  to  attend who  wouldn't  normally  watch  such  a  game  and  if  they  bought  a  pint  or  2  the  club  would  recoup  any  losses.

popularsider

Reply #19 on: 22 Apr 2007, 07:46:54 pm
excellent post whitehaven rl forever

as for the game weve no choice but to play maden in the centre as derrie is are only fit recognised centre

rob jackson is back at batley

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 22 Apr 2007, 08:32:51 pm
i think it was more weather that stoped alot of people yet  alot would work out in the rain like ducks for next to nowt lol
well done the lads another win to the score card ;)

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #21 on: 22 Apr 2007, 08:36:56 pm
Why not have a scheme like the one Cas had going this week for the Town match.   If you purchased your tickets before the day of the match they cost ?10 but on the day the price was ?14.    Whichever sold the most tickets , I don't know but Town should get a nice little payout from the 3,600 crowd.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Monte2carlo

Reply #22 on: 22 Apr 2007, 08:51:50 pm
Isn't it upto the 2 clubs to sort out admission prices, not just Haven ?

Monte

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 22 Apr 2007, 09:23:56 pm
for cup matches i believe you have to get an agreement from your opponents, as they take a share of the gate receipts, for league matches it is set by the club

i wouldnt be happy if they were to charge more to watch cas or widnes

when are people just going to accept it is ?12 to go to watch whitehaven?

if you dont like it, go and watch some of our rivals, as most of not all of them charge MORE to get in than we do!

the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline rachxhaven

• Academy Signing
  • ROB JACKSON!
Reply #24 on: 22 Apr 2007, 09:44:53 pm
i thought the game went quite well even tho the weather was unplesant, there was some gd trys made but there player who got duffy by the neck should of gone off !, hope rudd's ok he looked at bit in pain over his leg or foot. but them fans from bramley were doin my head in sayin "bramley bramley bramley" none stop i dont think he catched on that they were losing. Even though the weather was bad there should of bin a better turn out 858  :o :(

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 22 Apr 2007, 10:08:38 pm
for cup matches i believe you have to get an agreement from your opponents, as they take a share of the gate receipts, for league matches it is set by the club

i wouldnt be happy if they were to charge more to watch cas or widnes

when are people just going to accept it is ?12 to go to watch whitehaven?

if you dont like it, go and watch some of our rivals, as most of not all of them charge MORE to get in than we do!

You  would  pay  say  ?50  to  watch  someone  like  the  Rolling  Stones.

But  would  you  pay  ?50  to  see  Renee  &  Renato ???

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #26 on: 22 Apr 2007, 10:21:37 pm
If  I  was  the  owner  of  WRLFC  I  would  vary  admission  prices  depending  on  who  we  played.

For  example  if  we  played  Cas  Or  Widnes  I  would  increase  the  gate  price  to  ?14  for  2  reasons.  1,  these  are  games  most  fans  want  to  see  so  it  makes  good  business  sense  to  charge  more.  Secondly  teams  like  Cas  and  Widnes  charge  about  ?14  so why  should  their  fans  pay  less  at  our  spot  when  our  fans  pay  more  at  their  place.

Against  the  likes  of  Batley  and  Sheffield  admission  should  be  say  ?10  with  kids  free.  This  would  entice  some  fans  to  attend who  wouldn't  normally  watch  such  a  game  and  if  they  bought  a  pint  or  2  the  club  would  recoup  any  losses.

If you start letting anyone in for free you immediately penalise the people who have bought Season Tickets.

TW

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #27 on: 23 Apr 2007, 05:26:37 am
. but them fans from bramley were doin my head in sayin "bramley bramley bramley" none stop i dont think he catched on that they were losing. :o :(
Thats what supporters are supposed to do.Maybe you should try it sometime
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #28 on: 23 Apr 2007, 07:42:03 pm
Yeh ano we wer stil quiet i hope when i travel to batley that there is some noise  ;D ;D

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #29 on: 23 Apr 2007, 09:58:01 pm
. but them fans from bramley were doin my head in sayin "bramley bramley bramley" none stop i dont think he catched on that they were losing. :o :(
Thats what supporters are supposed to do.Maybe you should try it sometime

yeah i can remember when we used to sing haven haven haven not this season though :'(
haven till i die