HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

£714 taxi for a cat !

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 09 Sep 2013, 11:04:15 pm
What beggars belief is why we're they brought-in in the first place. They earn huge wages including bonuses but have yet to justify their pay packet. Everything is over budgeted. Surely  we could get  local bosses who could do just as good a job for a fraction of the price. ???

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 10 Sep 2013, 08:36:03 am
Yes, we did seem to manage for about 60 years or so, but it's big business to blame and their undue influence in behind the scenes government. I would love to see a TV programme [I would call it Tracers] whereby these decisions are TRACED back to the person who come up with this or that policy! These policies do not come out of a vacuum, someone has to promulgate them in the first place. Two other examples, WHO in the first place started the ball rolling to build the 1/2 a stadium and of course has taken no blame? Who took the Council into a PFI situation that now costs us £800,000 a year. Someone is responsible.

Offline DonkeyParker

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2013, 09:09:13 am
Production down, decommissioning projects postponed.... NMP have been a complete failure - the sooner they are kicked off the site the better.  All NMP have done is rip-off the taxpayer.

ca28

Reply #4 on: 10 Sep 2013, 09:41:27 am
Yes, we did seem to manage for about 60 years or so, but it's big business to blame and their undue influence in behind the scenes government. I would love to see a TV programme [I would call it Tracers] whereby these decisions are TRACED back to the person who come up with this or that policy! These policies do not come out of a vacuum, someone has to promulgate them in the first place. Two other examples, WHO in the first place started the ball rolling to build the 1/2 a stadium and of course has taken no blame? Who took the Council into a PFI situation that now costs us £800,000 a year. Someone is responsible.

There might not be a TV show, but if you read rotten boroughs in Private eye magazine what Dopeland council get up to is nothing compared to other district councils !

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 10 Sep 2013, 10:56:35 am
Agree with you Ariel, this is not just a CBC thing it's nationwide and is sucking the lifeblood out of the country, I read Private Eye up until very recently but gave it up; too much close print, the rotten boroughs was my favourite, have you noticed though it always involves somewhere along the line the guys in grey suits?

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #6 on: 10 Sep 2013, 03:57:30 pm
It's not so very many years ago that we were sending our expert nuclear physicists (from BNFL Instruments) to America, (Rocky Flats) to advise them and help them clean up and decommission their nuclear facilities.

Then 10 years after that, we give up the management and clean up of the whole of the Sellafield site to the Americans.

On a simple knowledge and expertise level it beggared belief when it happened. Now 5 or 6 years down the line, they have failed miserably and been robbing the UK tax payer to boot.

Why did the UK government let it happen.....that's simple, they couldn't find a way to privatize the company, so they did what they thought was the next best thing for them......privatize the management of it. They called it contracting out, but that was just privatization with a spin on it.

In some twisted financial accounting process, it no longer looked as if the government was pouring so much money into the nuclear industry. In fact they were, (and more), it simply just appeared in another account column.

Legalized robbery.