HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Name Change

Offline #eggchaser

• Academy Star
on: 12 Sep 2013, 09:01:04 pm
The Recre is to be renamed next year.
will be known as The B.E.C Arena. a bit of rebranding of haven.
Britains Energy Coast Arena
8ry4n

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 12 Sep 2013, 09:39:06 pm
CHER CHING :D

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2013, 10:00:38 pm
Eh

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 13 Sep 2013, 12:49:06 am
If true....a VERY good thing. BEC would obviously want something in return for their investment and this brings closer ties to Haven.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 13 Sep 2013, 08:42:39 am
Is this a wind up BEC arena, pretentions to grandeur.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #5 on: 13 Sep 2013, 08:46:50 am
more history gone what next  :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:
born and bred haven.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 13 Sep 2013, 09:02:41 am
Well if this is true it will always be the recreation ground for me. Bit like Newcastle when they changed their ground name. It didn't last long !!!

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #7 on: 13 Sep 2013, 09:09:22 am
Well if this is true it will always be the recreation ground for me. Bit like Newcastle when they changed their ground name. It didn't last long !!!

££££££££££
born and bred haven.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 13 Sep 2013, 09:09:58 am
If the cracks right and they're giving us over a million quid to do the stadium up who can complain with a name change and its gonna look better than the 2 sided pow beck stadium would have

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 13 Sep 2013, 09:11:29 am
Obviously it's down to a Sponsorship Deal with BEC, you can argue realy if its bringing money into the club.

HW

ca28

Reply #10 on: 13 Sep 2013, 09:22:49 am
BEC arena  :D :D have the miners Ok'd this ?

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 13 Sep 2013, 09:39:22 am
what does BEC stand for , remind me? Yes shades of St.James, the Recreation ground means something to the rest of Rugby League, BEC arena just another example of corporate babble speak which will give no benefit whatsoever to BEc and if they think it does they and the BOD are deluded, I will not use that appelation EVER!!! :witch: again another example of simply selling out our heritage. I think you can argue Haven Warrier heritage, pride, passion versus an extremely dubious benefit to the sponsors, can you honestly see guys on King Street saying on a Monday "wus thu doon et BEC areena yesterday" laughable. British Energy Coast got it. Spacecake as you say "if the crack is right" which conjurs up images of false dawns a plenty this is the fourth in as many years!! A million is not a lot if the men in suits are once again in charge, fancy architects, fancy plans and the same people in charge who already have made a mess of the last effort, sometimes I despair.

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #12 on: 13 Sep 2013, 09:49:47 am
what does BEC stand for , remind me?

It's in the first post - Britain's Energy Coast = B.E.C.
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 13 Sep 2013, 10:12:41 am
what does BEC stand for , remind me? Yes shades of St.James, the Recreation ground means something to the rest of Rugby League, BEC arena just another example of corporate babble speak which will give no benefit whatsoever to BEc and if they think it does they and the BOD are deluded, I will not use that appelation EVER!!! :witch: again another example of simply selling out our heritage. I think you can argue Haven Warrier heritage, pride, passion versus an extremely dubious benefit to the sponsors, can you honestly see guys on King Street saying on a Monday "wus thu doon et BEC areena yesterday" laughable. British Energy Coast got it.

Sorry CC, but that is the sort of response I would have expected from our BODs, but maybe for once they have actually pulled something off. I cannot see BEC wanting to be associated with the ground in its current state. So maybe it's onwards and upwards, at least give them the chance.

HW

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #14 on: 13 Sep 2013, 10:39:01 am
Really?

We are on the bones of our arse and people are whinging about the name of the ground.

It's about time we moved with the times - the ground is a dump anything that enables us to modernise it is fine with me.

I'd rebrand the club at the same time.

What about Whitehaven Energy or something like that?
« Last Edit: 13 Sep 2013, 10:40:44 am by Steven DeMont »