HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Name Change

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 13 Sep 2013, 11:02:55 am
Really?

We are on the bones of our arse and people are whinging about the name of the ground.

It's about time we moved with the times - the ground is a dump anything that enables us to modernise it is fine with me.

I'd rebrand the club at the same time.

What about Whitehaven Energy or something like that?o

Agree with you there. I'm against any name change but if we're talking about a serious amount on money thrown are way they can call it what they like as long as the ground and bar get a serious facelift

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #16 on: 13 Sep 2013, 11:09:42 am
What about Whitehaven Energy or something like that?

The way the team played over the last few games we'd get fined for false advertising.

ca28

Reply #17 on: 13 Sep 2013, 11:15:10 am
The way how the team ended the season they could be sponsored by Bacardi breasers !

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #18 on: 13 Sep 2013, 11:27:04 am
Fantastic news if correct, someone willing to invest in our club for ground improvements yet still the same old faces are complaining. Look at all the other ground names its just another great way of sponsorship as long as it brings money into club we should just live with it.
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #19 on: 13 Sep 2013, 11:54:06 am
Fantastic news if correct, someone willing to invest in our club for ground improvements yet still the same old faces are complaining. Look at all the other ground names its just another great way of sponsorship as long as it brings money into club we should just live with it.

lets hope the council are not involved
born and bred haven.

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #20 on: 13 Sep 2013, 11:54:13 am
what does BEC stand for , remind me

POW BEC :D :D :D :D

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #21 on: 13 Sep 2013, 12:06:08 pm

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #22 on: 13 Sep 2013, 01:09:57 pm
BEC Border Engineering Contractors, used to have the Depot opposite the REC and built half the houses in West Cumberland at one point in time  :nod:

Offline eck

• Academy Signing
Reply #23 on: 13 Sep 2013, 01:18:16 pm
what does BEC stand for , remind me? Yes shades of St.James, the Recreation ground means something to the rest of Rugby League, BEC arena just another example of corporate babble speak which will give no benefit whatsoever to BEc and if they think it does they and the BOD are deluded, I will not use that appelation EVER!!! :witch: again another example of simply selling out our heritage. I think you can argue Haven Warrier heritage, pride, passion versus an extremely dubious benefit to the sponsors, can you honestly see guys on King Street saying on a Monday "wus thu doon et BEC areena yesterday" laughable. British Energy Coast got it. Spacecake as you say "if the crack is right" which conjurs up images of false dawns a plenty this is the fourth in as many years!! A million is not a lot if the men in suits are once again in charge, fancy architects, fancy plans and the same people in charge who already have made a mess of the last effort, sometimes I despair.

No big deal - "No I wuz doon at Becre!"

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #24 on: 13 Sep 2013, 06:05:20 pm
could be worse, could be named after a talentless,fat,yorkshire "dj"! or a tin of soup.  :D :D :D

here's hoping significant ground improvements are carried out by BEC, if this is true.

Lets face it, as much as we love the recre it desperately needs upgrading!

For me, knock down the Kells End and rebuild it with change rooms and bar/function room incorporated in it, roof the Popular Side and tidy up the Railway End with a shop and small bar.

Dont know if this is feasible or not.
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 13 Sep 2013, 06:33:18 pm

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #26 on: 14 Sep 2013, 12:02:37 am
Yeah right, tax payers money gets given to the nuclear industry to spend on the community and this is the best they can come up with? A bit like the festival weekend where they all get free tickets to the concerts, etc For Gods sake, how stupid do you have to be?????
Freud said that the essence of the comic was the conservation of psychic energy. But then Freud never played Second House, Friday night at the Glasgow Empire - Ken Dodd

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #27 on: 14 Sep 2013, 12:07:46 am
Really?

We are on the bones of our arse and people are whinging about the name of the ground.

It's about time we moved with the times - the ground is a dump anything that enables us to modernise it is fine with me.

I'd rebrand the club at the same time.

What about Whitehaven Energy or something like that?

I'll give you a fiver if you say what I want too.
Freud said that the essence of the comic was the conservation of psychic energy. But then Freud never played Second House, Friday night at the Glasgow Empire - Ken Dodd

Offline Bransty Lad

• Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 14 Sep 2013, 01:12:41 am
Can people please explain this for. I thought WRLFC Couldn't do anything with the ground because it is a Minners welfare recreaction ground, which WRLFC are tenants in and can't secure a long term lease on. If this is the case. Surely a ny name change deals would only be profitable for the minners welfare or what ever the wider national organisation is called

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #29 on: 14 Sep 2013, 01:51:15 am
Rather than get stirred into a stew of negativity why don't we wait and find out what actually is going to happen? We know nothing of the details, what any change would entail. There may be positives and there may be some parts of the concept each of us will have concerns regarding.

I'm curious and look forward to learning more....though the devil, as always, will be in the details. :)