HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Name Change

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #45 on: 14 Sep 2013, 10:29:34 pm
This may all be just a "wind up" as a previous poster suggested. The original poster hasn't expanded on what he/she has heard so it may not have any real foundation other than being a rumor.

In any event the issues remain the same be it BEC, BMW or Mike's Dog Treats. Naming rights are never permanent, only a temporary reflection of investment, and there is a way if this was to be done to retain our Haven character and reflect the interests and investment of any commercial entity.

As for this observation:

"Tony Price is a local man and with NMP desperate to improve their socio-economic image i think they would jump at the chance. They support us - we support them."

NMP already supports us...with significant funds each and every  year. They have since their inception...and before that it was URS/Washington Group. LLWR provides funding. We already have the participation of some in the nuclear industry...its what we as a Club do with it that will reveal our capability to expand and be worthy of greater participation.

If NMP are REALLY committed to the socio economic future of Copeland then the Rugby club is exactly the type of project that they should be getting involved in.

I appreciate they do offer funding through sponsorship however it's expertise and business nouse the club needs to drag it into the future.

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #46 on: 14 Sep 2013, 11:05:28 pm
SD:

Any business entity can offer advice or expertise...but the phrase "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink" comes to mind.

During our partnership with Leeds they opened their doors regarding information pertaining to their marketing, public relations, etc., etc..but if you don't take it home with you and do something with it its value is diminished.

There are numerous sports management seminars held throughout the U.K. in any given year, but you have to want to participate and you must be willing to utilize what you have learned.

NMP has been REALLY committed to Haven....our doors would be closed if not for their support. However at some point it is up to the Club to show some initiative.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #47 on: 15 Sep 2013, 07:56:13 am
was told in confidence. by a club insider
Well obviously his confidence in you was misplaced. Or did he know you would not be able to keep it in the confidence he supposedly put in you and knew you would not be able to resist to blab? Or perhaps you are that insider.

Offline bustling billy

• Academy Star
Reply #48 on: 15 Sep 2013, 08:34:02 am
Has long as they are giving us some major wonga...they can call it derwent park if they like.....a change of name does,nt change the history of a place..

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #49 on: 15 Sep 2013, 08:37:07 am
Good point!

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #50 on: 15 Sep 2013, 10:01:12 am
Has long as they are giving us some major wonga...they can call it derwent park if they like.....a change of name does,nt change the history of a place..

Now I think you would get a 100% backlash naming it after that hovel, just as bad as calling it old Trafford
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #51 on: 15 Sep 2013, 10:12:21 am

[/quote]

I appreciate they do offer funding through sponsorship however it's expertise and business nouse the club needs to drag it into the future.
[/quote]

Given the report by the Public Accounts Committee into Sellafield last February, I don't think we need any business advise from NMP they have enough on their plate trying to get their own house in order.  :D

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #52 on: 15 Sep 2013, 10:50:38 am
 :D :D :Dnever thought of that

Offline DonkeyParker

• Academy Star
Reply #53 on: 15 Sep 2013, 02:12:03 pm

[/quote]

Given the report by the Public Accounts Committee into Sellafield last February, I don't think we need any business advise from NMP they have enough on their plate trying to get their own house in order.  :D
[/quote]

Will NMP be around much longer? That is the big question.... especially after the recent revelations about expenses abuse.

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #54 on: 15 Sep 2013, 04:49:08 pm
A good question Donkey Parker.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #55 on: 15 Sep 2013, 09:44:45 pm
It's all getting complicated and as usual will probably lead to nothing as will any ground redevelopment. Last 10 years has been full of good ideas but led to nothing :(

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #56 on: 16 Sep 2013, 09:54:51 pm
true marra...... beleave it when ya see the diggers go in , and not until