• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 02 Oct 2013, 02:14:54 pm
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 02 Oct 2013, 02:16:39 pm
 :-[ sorry should have gathered what you meant. Why they couldn't give someone the right to charge and run them I don't know. If they had any thought they could have utilised the upper floor, who designed that should have been sacked though it was proably the stadium people.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 02 Oct 2013, 09:25:42 pm
Ain't the toilets getting demolished?

I wonder what might go there......with the huge increase in numbers working from those office blocks, and therefore more cars in that area, you would think that small roundabout wouldnt be big enough anymore!!!!  ;)
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 03 Oct 2013, 08:05:12 am
A bigger roundabout will be needed the exact spot is already a choke place, why it was not made a planning issue I don't know, now unless I am mistaken it will become the responsibility of the taxpayer to construct it unless the developer is very generous. There is a perfectly good set of toilets under the multi story that have been mothballed for over 25 years, why can't these be manned privately, how come the toilets in question are costing HUGE ammounts of money so quickly yet the mothballed ones [unless they have been secretly removed] have not caused any moneu problems?

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 03 Oct 2013, 08:11:56 am
It will be a nightmare when that office block opens. 1000 workers heading home at half 3 everyday. Spagettie junction springs to mind!
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #20 on: 03 Oct 2013, 09:49:35 am
It will be a nightmare when that office block opens. 1000 workers heading home at half 3 everyday. Spagettie junction springs to mind!

And how many will go up prospect and past Kells Infants & St Marys? Whichever way they go like its gonna interfere with the kids getting out at that time of day.
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #21 on: 03 Oct 2013, 10:33:08 am
If they live on Kells they should walk to work and back again.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 03 Oct 2013, 10:35:47 am
Perhaps they will have a direct access onto the brows? Can't undesrtand why they didn't actually build a flyover accross Albion street itself would have looked stunning. On a general point the whole traffic management system in Whitehaven is atrocious and again was designed by Whitehaven Council Stadia limited.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 03 Oct 2013, 11:50:55 am
A bigger roundabout will be needed the exact spot is already a choke place, why it was not made a planning issue I don't know, now unless I am mistaken it will become the responsibility of the taxpayer to construct it unless the developer is very generous. There is a perfectly good set of toilets under the multi story that have been mothballed for over 25 years, why can't these be manned privately, how come the toilets in question are costing HUGE ammounts of money so quickly yet the mothballed ones [unless they have been secretly removed] have not caused any moneu problems?
who knows cran.cran, they well have been already!!  ;) ;)
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #24 on: 03 Oct 2013, 12:15:37 pm
If they have been and your wink suggests you have INSIDE information you don't want to share then why not tell the public? Why maintain the continued ethos of secrecy? If they think the old adage "that knowledge is power" applies in cases such as this it only goes to show how deluded and old fashioned they are in the so called information age. If this is going to happen then why not share it, it would be good for the town and certainly for the bottleneck that will be created, why this constant need for secrecy? If they are going to build a roundabout they better get a move on with planning or the thing will be open before they start and the bottleneck will be made twice as bad while they build it - do it all together and get it out of the road [excuse the pun].