13 S Burgess

Interchanges 

14 Widdop
15 Ablett
16 T Burgess
17 Mossop

Popularsider13

Reply #1 on: 26 Oct 2013, 03:22:23 pm
If only games were 20mins long....still backing Austrailia in running was the bet #Kerrrching!

Popularsider13

Reply #2 on: 26 Oct 2013, 04:19:40 pm
Charnley to score at anythime....kerrching

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 26 Oct 2013, 05:12:32 pm
Eat my words, full credit to England, excellent game very entertaining and totally unexpected.

beermatt42

Reply #4 on: 26 Oct 2013, 05:32:57 pm
Yeah, I take some of my words back too, England certainly seemed to gel a lot better than I was expecting.
I think Tomkins will find it tough in Australia though, today he seemed to get span round and tipped upside down like a rag doll, he seems a little lightweight to me and won't get the same amount of respect in Oz as he does in SL.
Charnley's  try was good.

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 26 Oct 2013, 09:53:55 pm
Think them Burgess lads need to bulk up a bit though.  ;)

Was shocked today, expected us to get a hiding but we stuck with it & gave a good account of ourselves. Hopefully if we come up against them again we can do just a bit better.

beermatt42

Reply #6 on: 27 Oct 2013, 06:15:14 am
I think we have a return to traditional winter Rugby League today, it's absolutely bucketing down this morning, with storms predicted for later.
Expect the traditional mud bath today, I feel sorry for some of those players. coming from tropical Australia, to GB in Winter, they'll be soaked right through to the skin today.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 27 Oct 2013, 08:07:16 am
Music to my ears Beermatt :tip: let's get back to a traditional format.

Popularsider13

Reply #8 on: 27 Oct 2013, 08:50:15 am
Was easy money backing Australia in running when we were 10-0 up, they were always gonna win although respect to the England players for the effort they put in. we never gave up and totally deserved our bonus point  ;)

Next games bet, Charnley to score a brace or more.

As for summer rugby, it hasn't worked has it with regards to crowds. I remember it being marketed in this area and them saying there'd be tourists that were in the Lake District, yeah right! RL had always been a game when on a pishy-wet Sunday afternoon when the Mrs was baking cakes or just tucked up by the fire watching tv she was happy for the husband to give her a bit of peace and quiet and go to the rugby. Now on summer Sundays she's wanting family time....no coincidence crowds have gradually dwindled

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 27 Oct 2013, 08:57:33 am
Dear popular sider, I succumbed yesterday and hooked up to Premier sports, anyway before the game there was a really good documentary about the world cup, and rugby league in general I missed the start so don't know how it was billed, however at the end there was a voiceover man who said the game of "RUGBY LEAGUE IS IN GOOD HANDS, GATES ARE IMPROVING AND THE GAME IS EVEN MOVING INTO AMERICA BLAH BLAH BLAH" I thought who wrote that script he hasn't been to Workington, Whitehaven, Barrow, Swinton, Rochdale, Oldham, London and wales. Though to a sports fan in weston super mare or Taunton it did sound as if the game was massive.

Popularsider13

Reply #10 on: 27 Oct 2013, 09:45:40 am
cra.cran, I watched that too and thought similar to you although I did enjoy the old footage. The 'American Dream' was just an embarassment

beermatt42

Reply #11 on: 27 Oct 2013, 09:54:25 am
Well the only trouble with the weather is all the trains from Runcorn to Warrington have been replaced with a bus service, in case this storm brings down trees onto the line, and if that bus is full of people from Chester then I shall have to get a taxi, probably there and back,at £15 a go.
Not to worry, at least the tickets are free, so I can't complain, but I noticed yesterday that Cardiff council were complaining that with a lot going on in Cardiff, Network rail chose the right day to close the Severn tunnel, now on day 2 of the world cup, they've done the same thing and closed off Warrington, it's not stopped raining since 5 this morning either, so yes the world cup is already beset with problems, won't put me off though, big toughie me, I just won't get too close to the front of the stand in case it's still raining LOL.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 27 Oct 2013, 11:22:55 am
Dear PS, yes the old footage was great and when listening to Ray French commentating on some of the packed stadia I did think "ther's a commentator" passion is inherent in his voice. Yes I think the American thing was a bit tongue in cheek to say the least.

beermatt42

Reply #13 on: 27 Oct 2013, 01:02:30 pm
Well I nearly solved my transport crisis, the Tesco delivery driver offered to drive us back to Warrington, but we are still a bit busy yet, so i'll just get a bus later on.
It's stopped raining for now, so maybe the pitch will be playable after all, bit gloomy but no sign of the storm, hope it stays that way.

Warrington borough council are urging everyone to support Samoa, because they are based in Warrington for the duration, and are our guests, but I don't take advice from councils and I won't support any team that Harrison Hansen or Sia Soliola plays for, so 'COME ON THE KIWI'S'.

Trying to famialarise myself with their faces, just like Australia, none of them play in SL so it's all new to me, I think I can recognise Simon Manering and SBW at least, he's their big star, and this is his first game back in RL, so good luck to him.   If NZ win the trophy, he will be the first player ever to win the world cup in both codes, so could be watching a bit of history there.

Hope the weather stays okay, think i'll get going now actually so i'll keep you posted later as to what happens.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 27 Oct 2013, 01:14:31 pm
Keep out of that pub on the corner Beermatt or you might not get back ha ha I hope you and [is it Doreen] have a great day. I don't know who to shout for am totally neutral, looking forward to the two Hakas. Hope you have a sell out crowd.