HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Scotland Vrs Tonga

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
on: 29 Oct 2013, 09:35:14 pm
I can't believe this video ref....he has dissallowed 3 perfectly good Tonga tries.

Two of them

53rd min, brilliant catch and touch down and calls it double movement..... no way.

58th min, Scotland fumble play the ball on their own line, Tonga grab the ball and touch down...and the      video ref claims he lost the ball...no way.

Yes I have a bet on Tonga but FFS.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2013, 09:38:42 pm
Now the video ref seems to have run out of reasons to disallow a try....Tonga score and I'm back on with my bet.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2013, 09:48:53 pm
Double movement.....but of course Scotland given the try..............26-24

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 29 Oct 2013, 09:49:28 pm
Brilliant game and hope they hang on!
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 29 Oct 2013, 09:59:54 pm
Won because of the video ref..........no doubt about that. A disgrace !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :witch:

Even the last second play Cline gave as a lost ball before he saw the full set of replays.

beermatt42

Reply #5 on: 29 Oct 2013, 10:10:19 pm
Sounded like Brough's kicking made all the difference, but couldn't the ref have made a decision for himself? Sounded like everything went to the video ref.  Good game from what I could hear, Tonga could have won it in the last minute, and Scotlands winner was a benefit of the doubt try.

Popularsider13

Reply #6 on: 29 Oct 2013, 10:30:34 pm
Hope peoples bitterness didn't keep fans away. A fantastic advert for rugby and the county in general.

Well done to all concerned.
« Last Edit: 29 Oct 2013, 10:56:42 pm by Popularsider13 »

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 29 Oct 2013, 10:40:06 pm
Brilliant game brilliant turnout 7600 got to say towns ground looked spot on tonight just hope our council dip their heads in shame, well done allerdale great show.

Offline townster

• Academy Signing
Reply #8 on: 29 Oct 2013, 11:05:22 pm
Brilliant game brilliant turnout 7600 got to say towns ground looked spot on tonight just hope our council dip their heads in shame, well done allerdale great show.
:tip:

Popularsider13

Reply #9 on: 29 Oct 2013, 11:14:09 pm

Well said sir

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #10 on: 30 Oct 2013, 02:08:41 am
I can't believe this video ref....he has dissallowed 3 perfectly good Tonga tries.

Two of them

53rd min, brilliant catch and touch down and calls it double movement..... no way.

58th min, Scotland fumble play the ball on their own line, Tonga grab the ball and touch down...and the      video ref claims he lost the ball...no way.

Yes I have a bet on Tonga but FFS.

Watched the game on tv the replays showed that the video ref got it right each time, the commentators agreed

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #11 on: 30 Oct 2013, 07:52:43 am
Sounded like Brough's kicking made all the difference, but couldn't the ref have made a decision for himself? Sounded like everything went to the video ref.  Good game from what I could hear, Tonga could have won it in the last minute, and Scotlands winner was a benefit of the doubt try.
Tonga also got a benefit of the doubt try

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #12 on: 30 Oct 2013, 07:57:39 am
very good game well done steve mc and scotland though how many times did they go to the screen. the tonga full back also had a mare.
born and bred haven.

Offline HarryB

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 30 Oct 2013, 08:14:14 am
In the words of the legendary Jim Bowen "look at what you couda won"

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #14 on: 30 Oct 2013, 08:40:43 am
A great game thoroughly enjoyed the night. Forget where it is just get there on Sunday and see a very good Italy team as well as an excellent Scotland. This World Cup just keeps getting better.

I hope CBC are looking at this and now realise what a mess they made of it and what redevelopment could have done for the town. I'm sure they would have been there last night on freebies so they will have seen it at first hand.

Des