HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Scotland Vrs Tonga

beermatt42

Reply #15 on: 30 Oct 2013, 08:53:21 am
Sounded like Brough's kicking made all the difference, but couldn't the ref have made a decision for himself? Sounded like everything went to the video ref.  Good game from what I could hear, Tonga could have won it in the last minute, and Scotlands winner was a benefit of the doubt try.
Tonga also got a benefit of the doubt try

Good to see that that Matty Russell got two for Scotland, he's only the new Warrington full back and seems to be settling back in Britain very well.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #16 on: 30 Oct 2013, 08:55:28 am
Sounded like Brough's kicking made all the difference, but couldn't the ref have made a decision for himself? Sounded like everything went to the video ref.  Good game from what I could hear, Tonga could have won it in the last minute, and Scotlands winner was a benefit of the doubt try.
Tonga also got a benefit of the doubt try

Good to see that that Matty Russell got two for Scotland, he's only the new Warrington full back and seems to be settling back in Britain very well.

he done ok matt but hes no brett hodgson or stefan ratchford dodgy under the high ball.
born and bred haven.

beermatt42

Reply #17 on: 30 Oct 2013, 09:01:10 am
They probably only bought him to cover for any Ratchford injuries, but still good to know he can score a try or two.
Looked at his stats, two games for Wigan, and got three tries, not bad for a full back.
The match sounded excellent on the radio, I've just found out R5LSX is broadcasting them all, so that's me sorted for the next month or so.
I could hear that the Haka and the national anthems got a good cheer from  the crowd, sounded like a good atmosphere, and bound to have been a lot of Whitehaven folk there.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 30 Oct 2013, 09:18:51 am
Excellent entertaining game, was a bit sick of the video ref actually, dare I say I thought the best team lost, but hey Scotland won so full credit to them, also benefit of the doubt tries are a crock of whatsits. Crowd looked great, atmospheric and ground looked real tidy. As the above say I hope some CBC cllrs were watching but even if they were I doubt they would have any emotion about it [ie the fact they cocked it up for Copeland] well done Workington for RL in general and west cumbria in particular. :tip:

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #19 on: 30 Oct 2013, 09:33:28 am
Excellent entertaining game, was a bit sick of the video ref actually, dare I say I thought the best team lost, but hey Scotland won so full credit to them, also benefit of the doubt tries are a crock of whatsits. Crowd looked great, atmospheric and ground looked real tidy. As the above say I hope some CBC cllrs were watching but even if they were I doubt they would have any emotion about it [ie the fact they cocked it up for Copeland] well done Workington for RL in general and west cumbria in particular. :tip:

wont worry anyone at dopeland council  :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:
born and bred haven.

Offline JHs Lad

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 30 Oct 2013, 09:44:45 am
Excellent post Des I fully support your comments and hope that some CBC officers are squirming uncomfortably in their easy chairs this morning. Well done Workington your town's profile continues to rise whilst those of us in Copeland suffer what is becoming humiliation. 

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #21 on: 30 Oct 2013, 10:06:29 am
Your right Des but probably there for the freebie not the rugby.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 30 Oct 2013, 07:59:15 pm
i very much doubt CBC will be botherd at all long as they still get there freebies at functions and at the Haven ground

Offline chris robinson

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 30 Oct 2013, 11:17:16 pm
What about the blatant throwing of a ball forwards by Danny Addy to Carter that allowed a score that was never referred to the video referee. Absolute disgrace, at least one of the Tongan disallowed tries was genuine. Mr Klein did not want to know as the other three home nations had lost, and the RFL were determined, to maintain interest that at least one would win an opening game. Stinks!! Also the rules for qualification for representing a country are totally inept/wrong. There are players selected for Fiji/Samoa/Australia/New Zealand/England/Scotland/Ireland etc who have played Representative rugby league for other nations.

Totally wrong.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #24 on: 31 Oct 2013, 08:13:15 am
Dear Chris, couldn't agree more but sadly it's just one more example of how the RFL have altered and interpreted rules etc etc and that is why the media will not on the whole take RL seriously.