HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

France v Samoa

Guest · 7 · 1398

beermatt42

on: 12 Nov 2013, 09:37:43 am
Anyone see Mose Masoe's 'tackle' on Thomas Bosc?  I'm being a bit poetic to even call it a tackle, it was more of a bodycheck/shoulder charge off the ball which nearly knocked Bosc out.
Masoe got sin binned and may miss the quarter finals, Samoa also had Ah Mau on report and it would be a shame if they turn up at the quarter finals with a diminished squad, they are not a bad team, but that Masoe looks like a dull witted bully, who likes to throw his weight around, off the ball.
He can't do that in SL, and will be in for a shock if he brings that game to St Helens.
Nevertheless, I do like Samoa, they are a good battling team and I think they will go all the way to the Semi finals, they just need to tone it down a bit. 

I am going to watch three of the quarter finals, and it will be a privilege to watch Samoa again, along with Australia, USA and England, these matches should be great.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2013, 09:57:08 am
Anyone see Mose Masoe's 'tackle' on Thomas Bosc?  I'm being a bit poetic to even call it a tackle, it was more of a bodycheck/shoulder charge off the ball which nearly knocked Bosc out.
Masoe got sin binned and may miss the quarter finals, Samoa also had Ah Mau on report and it would be a shame if they turn up at the quarter finals with a diminished squad, they are not a bad team, but that Masoe looks like a dull witted bully, who likes to throw his weight around, off the ball.
He can't do that in SL, and will be in for a shock if he brings that game to St Helens.
Nevertheless, I do like Samoa, they are a good battling team and I think they will go all the way to the Semi finals, they just need to tone it down a bit. 

I am going to watch three of the quarter finals, and it will be a privilege to watch Samoa again, along with Australia, USA and England, these matches should be great.

Westwood comes to mind :)

HW

beermatt42

Reply #2 on: 12 Nov 2013, 10:12:30 am
Well Westwood hasn't been banned for the Quarter finals, Masoe probably will be, that's the difference.
Westwood just done a perfectly good tackle, and perhaps wondering why the Fijian forward went down so easily, called him 'soft', which seemed to set the Fijians off, it's them that should be on report!

On a completely different point, can anyone tell me what France are doing in the Quarter finals?
They have only scored two tries, and been hammered 46-0 at home, seriously, how can a team with that record 'progress' to the knock outs?
Italy played better.
« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2013, 10:15:02 am by beermatt42 »

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 12 Nov 2013, 11:20:24 am
Can't remember when I last seen as gutless a performance by a referee, he had no spine and seemed just happy to put on report and 'square in the air' they like the rest of the game are going nowhere.

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #4 on: 12 Nov 2013, 12:21:51 pm
Can't remember when I last seen as gutless a performance by a referee, he had no spine and seemed just happy to put on report and 'square in the air' they like the rest of the game are going nowhere.

these refs arnt that good are they. wont make a call go on report and how many times a game are they going the screen.  :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:
born and bred haven.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 12 Nov 2013, 01:26:46 pm
It means in effect that an offending, bullying unsportsman like side gets an unfair advantage, if the offending player does not get sent off then in effect his team has got away with it. If he does subsequently get a ban they simply bring in another player for that next game. The side offended against gets no advantage other than the penalty, another daft rule brought in at the behest of the Australians.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 12 Nov 2013, 06:26:59 pm
Maxie wil be a good signing for saints in SL very good going forward, there won't be many looking forward to facing him

As for cheap shots makes me laugh when leeds wire and Wigan fans moan about cheap shots those 3 teams have the 3 worst players for it. Bailey, Westwood and mcilorum.