Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2013, 11:23:15 am
England play France Saturday night at wigan
England 38 France 6'

leaving soon to wigan think it will be close to sell out
born and bred haven.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2013, 01:25:08 pm
Give ower Sean,  :D :D England 22 France 18 five sent off, three sin binned and the ref off on a stretcher.

beermatt42

Reply #3 on: 17 Nov 2013, 09:02:40 am
I met Danny Brough yesterday, I couldn't believe it, he was sitting in the lounge of the Glyndwr Racecourse with his wife and friends.
Totally starstruck, I had to go over and introduce myself LOL, I told him  he ought to sign on for Warrington, but he said he is contracted to Huddersfield.
I told him he should be playing for England too, because he is a lot better than Sinfield, shook his hand and had a good chat with him and his wife.
Just couldn't believe it how he was sitting with all the fans having a pint, it was really good to meet him and something I shall never forget.
I was quite surprised at just how small he was, he doesn't look much more than eleven stone, but he was really down to earth and good to get along with, just like one of the fans.

The match itself was totally one sided, although the USA did have a good go at Australia, they just couldn't break through the defence.
Australia really look like the business, easily the best side I have seen so far, very clinical and organised, I can't really see how either England or New Zealand can beat them.
I also met a bunch of Aussie fans who have come over all the way from Sydney, they have been staying here for the duration and went to St Helens and Cardiff too, god knows how much all that must be costing them, but they seem happy enough, I think Rugby League must be a bigger game in Australia than it is in England, these people were true fanatics. 

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 17 Nov 2013, 11:15:43 am
Kiwis will beat England and the Aussies, they are the top team.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #5 on: 17 Nov 2013, 11:18:11 am
England play France Saturday night at wigan
England 38 France 6'
Pretty close 36.6 but still improvement needed by England a good day out in Wigan. We'll done England
born and bred haven.

beermatt42

Reply #6 on: 17 Nov 2013, 11:41:09 am
Kiwis will beat England and the Aussies, they are the top team.

It's hard to judge them because of the quality of the opposition, I know that the USA did have a good go at Australia yesterday, but they couldn't find a way around a formidable defence, though the USA tried, it was a total mismatch.
By contrast, New Zealands defence didn't seem very good at Warrington, but perhaps they were just getting warmed up, and have now found their stride, I can only judge on what I have seen, and I honestly think Australia are the better team, they are ruthless and clinical.

I'm going out soon for the last quarter final, this should be the only real match of the quarter finals, with the result being a lot closer, nevertheless, I shall predict a close win for Samoa.

Real party atmosphere in Wrexham yesterday, the train down was full of fans, London, Widnes, Wigan, all having a great day, I am really surprised at how some fans have taken to the world cup, I met an old lady on the train, didn't even look like a fan, but she has gone to all the quarter finals and will be going to Wembley and Old Trafford too, remarkable, she was about 70 years old, good on her!

Those Bronco's fans are doing the same, and Wembley is just local to them, I met Australians who have been here for the entire duration.
I was very impressed with the Glyndwr, it's a good stadium and only a short walk from the station , there is a pub on the corner and a great lounge inside, not like the kiosks you get in Warrington, but a proper lounge.
Couldn't believe Danny Brough, he went out for a ciggie and he's meant to be healthy and fit, his wife said he only does it when he's drinking though, and most of the time he doesn't smoke.

I actually watched the entire second half in that lounge, having a laugh with three Wigan fans, they are going to todays match too.
You can sit at a table and watch the match on a big screen, even though it's only through the door LOL.

I hope to see some of your away fans there next year, if I can't get up to Whitehaven next year, I shall certainly watch the Haven at Wrexham instead, and I would recommend that ground to anyone.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 17 Nov 2013, 11:48:20 am
Excellent prediction Sean in the end the sparks hardly flew at all :tip: