HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

world cup semi finals

Offline RonnietheRhino

• Academy Star
Reply #30 on: 23 Nov 2013, 10:59:34 pm
This result has left me a bit flat all evening. I normally don't get excited/worked up over a game at any level but this one had me shouting and applauding all afternoon. When Rugby League players give their all and more this really makes me understand why I love the game. Well done to both sides and heres to a great final next week. It would be better watching from Old Trafford shouting for England but I can only hope its the same thriller as todays game. If only.......

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #31 on: 23 Nov 2013, 11:25:34 pm
don't think people should knock big George burgess, lad is only 20 will learn from today and lead us from the front in the next wc.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #32 on: 24 Nov 2013, 09:44:56 am
definitely not, lets view it as a piece of NZ brilliance rather than knock an individual player, yes it was a daft penalty and a missed tackle but perhaps if we had played the sixth tackle instead of kicking we might have been able to have wasted a few vital seconds and the result could have been oh so different. The team gave 100% you can ask no more, even McNamara sounded the best in defeat than he ever has before the games.

Offline HavenRL2010

• First Team Backup
Reply #33 on: 24 Nov 2013, 10:01:23 am
don't think people should knock big George burgess, lad is only 20 will learn from today and lead us from the front in the next wc.
learn what? How to tackle below the neck?

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #34 on: 24 Nov 2013, 12:12:55 pm
learn what? How to tackle below the neck?

he made a mistake lots of players have given away high shots, don't think he deserves the knocking he is getting. as the commentators said yesterday, up until yesterdays games he was arguably the best of the 3 brothers in the comp until that point

Offline chris robinson

• Academy Star
Reply #35 on: 24 Nov 2013, 05:16:57 pm
This was the best game of rugby league ever. Both sides were evenly matched and play went end to end. At this level the game is played for the full 80 mins, and when Sam scored we still needed another score to be sure of a victory as the NZ side certainly had another score in them. I go back to an earlier post, Sinfield did not during the game ask a question of either winger or full back on any of his kicks in open play, and in particular that last kick. We should have been contesting a scrum, or at least holding them, in their 20, instead they were allowed to run at us and a lazy arm gave a penalty. Sinfield tried to make up by shooting out of the line, which if he had made the tackle would have been game over, but all he did was allow a run in and game over. On a positive note we have the nucleus of a team that can go on to dominate against both NZ and the Aussies as apart from SBW, and even that's debatable, there is no forward in either of those teams who could replace any of ours.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #36 on: 24 Nov 2013, 05:40:48 pm
This was the best game of rugby league ever. Both sides were evenly matched and play went end to end. At this level the game is played for the full 80 mins, and when Sam scored we still needed another score to be sure of a victory as the NZ side certainly had another score in them. I go back to an earlier post, Sinfield did not during the game ask a question of either winger or full back on any of his kicks in open play, and in particular that last kick. We should have been contesting a scrum, or at least holding them, in their 20, instead they were allowed to run at us and a lazy arm gave a penalty. Sinfield tried to make up by shooting out of the line, which if he had made the tackle would have been game over, but all he did was allow a run in and game over. On a positive note we have the nucleus of a team that can go on to dominate against both NZ and the Aussies as apart from SBW, and even that's debatable, there is no forward in either of those teams who could replace any of ours.
"contesting a scrum" have I missed something when was the last time you saw that happening on TV?

Offline branstymarra

• Academy Star
Reply #37 on: 24 Nov 2013, 05:52:16 pm
Sinfield should have been screaming at the England players in the final 2 minutes NO PENALTIES NO PENALTIES
imo Cudjoe had a poor game... heartbreaking when you consider 27 seconds from a fantastic result

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #38 on: 24 Nov 2013, 06:27:43 pm
Sinfield should have been screaming at the England players in the final 2 minutes NO PENALTIES NO PENALTIES
imo Cudjoe had a poor game... heartbreaking when you consider 27 seconds from a fantastic result

After such a great effort, don't think you can pick out any individual. A fantastic game, of which not many believed we had a chance, never mind get that close.

HW

Offline HavenRL2010

• First Team Backup
Reply #39 on: 24 Nov 2013, 06:33:13 pm
If we just seen out the last set we'd been the final but that stupid pen gave(on the 5th tackle)  them 3 extra play the balls. Thats what lost us the game.

Offline chris robinson

• Academy Star
Reply #40 on: 24 Nov 2013, 10:52:34 pm
What lost us the game was being in our 20 rather than in the NZ half for the final set!!!