HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Merge for Super League?

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 22 Nov 2013, 03:50:08 pm
No for me, I'm a Whitehaven lad who wants to keep supporting his home town team, IF we were ever to make it to Sooper Dooper League then great, if not then fine.

Sooper Dooper League is not the be all and end all for me.

Remember also that in all honesty the RFL are not remotely interested in RL up here, unless it suits THEM to be so,for say a week or so whilst a tournament is taking place!

Also, let's not go down the route of "have town and haven as feeder clubs for a new SL club", as economics will not allow it. We can barely finance 2 teams now so to introduce a 3rd, would be financial suicide.

Would I go and watch a Cumbrian SL team? Probably yes sometimes, but I don't want a merged one.

the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #16 on: 22 Nov 2013, 03:55:15 pm
I would much rather watch haven and be competitive - ish in the championship than lose my team to watch a merged one. SL is not the be all and end all for me.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 22 Nov 2013, 05:10:52 pm
No, wouldn't work anyway lessons should be learned from London, Wales and the french.  You can't just throw money about and expect a decent rugby club.  How many would watch the new team get hammered every week 2000?

Offline Bearintown

• Academy Signing
Reply #18 on: 22 Nov 2013, 05:20:36 pm
Where would all the fans come from ? Both teams hardcore support currently measures 1500 combined. Okay 7k went to the cup matches and thats  probably most of the interested people in west cumbria give or take.
7k fans would barely support a competative team. And believe me if that team isnt super competetive,  most of those floaters will melt away pretty sharpish -shouting loudly  " I'm not paying to watch that crap"!
and what then ???

So no for me

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #19 on: 22 Nov 2013, 07:13:23 pm

No thought for the improved facilities, coaching and opportunities for local youngsters Super League would bring?

Stupid and selfish.

The vote is very even.

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #20 on: 22 Nov 2013, 07:40:05 pm

No thought for the improved facilities, coaching and opportunities for local youngsters Super League would bring?

Stupid and selfish.

The vote is very even.

no thought for the support that both teams have, the diehard following that have followed both teams through good times and bad. why should they give up their team for a merge which WILL go tits up. every single merger has gone so far nothing to suggest this one would not either

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #21 on: 22 Nov 2013, 10:11:13 pm
well said snakey marra 110% behind that view, and to add to it if it went paps up what then, in my eyes pity carlisle wasnt still going in our league that would of been 4 teams the yorkshire squads would have to travel up heer.
without DR this league is great to watch with some good teams pity the rfl didnt back the teams helping with academy of clubs and not crazy ideas that dont work

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 22 Nov 2013, 11:59:50 pm

Stupid and selfish.

The vote is very even.

Stupid for not wanting your club to fold, then within 5 years have no clubs in West Cumbria. WOW. 

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #23 on: 23 Nov 2013, 08:55:37 am
Where would all the fans come from ? Both teams hardcore support currently measures 1500 combined. Okay 7k went to the cup matches and thats  probably most of the interested people in west cumbria give or take.
7k fans would barely support a competative team. And believe me if that team isnt super competetive,  most of those floaters will melt away pretty sharpish -shouting loudly  " I'm not paying to watch that crap"!
and what then ???

So no for me

how many of the 7k at world cup were free tickets quite a lot  :nod: :nod: :nod:
born and bred haven.

Offline kev

• Academy Signing
Reply #24 on: 23 Nov 2013, 08:17:00 pm
They will both merge 2015, it was sorted 18 months ago! So get use to it.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #25 on: 23 Nov 2013, 11:18:18 pm
not a chance
born and bred haven.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #26 on: 23 Nov 2013, 11:23:19 pm
what was sorted that lot don't want it us neither ain't happening
born and bred haven.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #27 on: 23 Nov 2013, 11:59:16 pm
what was sorted that lot don't want it us neither ain't happening

I wouldn't be to sure on that
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #28 on: 24 Nov 2013, 12:01:33 am
Got told at a christening off a sponsor couple of years ago that its happening

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #29 on: 24 Nov 2013, 09:52:03 am
Kev a secret like that would not be able to have been kept under wraps, someone is whistleing in the air, there is only one sponsor with the cash to do it 1. They aint gonna pump in excess of £1.25m into the recre only to move in 2015. 2. If you think that [or a sponsor does] that Workington will merge and play at the recreation ground your having a laugh - never. 3. It's more likely the franchise system will be scrapped so how would we get a west cumbrian team into SL? 4. There is no feasable way for the RLHQ to parachute a team from west cumbria into SL it would either mean a big expansion of SL not going to happen or the teams such as featherstone, Leigh and Halifax would most certainly take legal action. 5. Both teams would IMO bow to public opinion and NOT decide to merge.