HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

widnes v fax

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
on: 26 Apr 2007, 08:45:07 pm
12 - 12 half time ,,even game,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,until 2nd half,,the ref hicks, for the first 12 minutes is giving widnes everything,,,,,,,,,,,spoiling the game

popularsider

Reply #1 on: 26 Apr 2007, 09:17:25 pm
full time

widnes 48-12 halifax

nanyn hat rick

imo widnes didnt look that good when fax were up in there faces they panic

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 26 Apr 2007, 09:20:39 pm
widnes werent up to much tonight without the help of the ref who hadnt a clue,we,re do they get these planks from!
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 26 Apr 2007, 09:26:46 pm
Well Widnes got there in the end, on the back of some appaling
refereeing. They seemed like a team that just thought they had to turn
up to win. I think they are lacking some good Props, because Wilkes and
James are just big 2nd rowers. If we have a full strength pack when we
play them, i think we would beat them.

TW

PS

Mick still cant tackle, and what as Aaron done with his hair?

popularsider

Reply #4 on: 26 Apr 2007, 09:45:32 pm
if only we get mcavoy fit when we play widnes as he would make mick look like an amatuer

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 26 Apr 2007, 09:50:23 pm
That  has  to  be  one  of  the  worst  Refereeing  performances  I've  ever  seen.

20 +  pens  easily.  Start  of  the  2nd  half  he  gave  Widnes  pen  after  pen  then  sinbinned  a  Fax  player  for  interference  even  though  he  was  trying  to roll  away.  Definatly  incompetent.

Who  was  he  anyhow ???

Offline From the Jam Butty Mines

• Academy Signing
Reply #6 on: 26 Apr 2007, 10:14:33 pm
I actually thought the Ref gave the majority of the first half decision to 'Fax which gave them the majority of field position and possession - unfortunately for them they struggled to capitalise on it and only scored 2 tries whereas Widnes only got the the Fax 20 4 times in the first half, 2 of which they scored from and had a 3rd dubiously chalked off. 2nd half ref balanced (or tipped) the penalty count Widnes way and they didn't need asking twice to take advantage. Not a great performance from Widnes but they shown they can score tries and defend their line reasonably well.  Should be some good contests between the top three sides.

Monte2carlo

Reply #7 on: 26 Apr 2007, 10:39:18 pm
Got to admid Wierdness look good attacking through Moran, however the rest of the team look no better than what we have got. should be a close game between us.

Monte

haven1985

Reply #8 on: 27 Apr 2007, 08:56:09 am
i thought moran was lucky to be on the field after 80 mins he made sum dangerous tackles

we will beat widnes easy IMO

Halifax played rather well last night

Offline Dogs

• Academy Signing
Reply #9 on: 27 Apr 2007, 09:10:21 am

Another dreadful advert for National One rugby.

The TV audience for will be down to four figures by the end of the season if this continues.

Aside from the first 30, absolute garbage.

specialbrew92

Reply #10 on: 27 Apr 2007, 10:20:42 am
Thats because Steve McCormick's game plan is a simple boring one, 5 drives and a kick on the last tackle.

Wait till Sky start to show more evenly matched sides in smaller grounds, they will be better to watch

Then again they are showing Celtic Crusaders, that will be like watching paint dry.

Monte

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #11 on: 27 Apr 2007, 10:29:56 am
Steve McCormicks game plan worked for us didn't it, it won us the league i think so them tactics cant be that bad.

Offline kellsendlad

• Academy Signing
Reply #12 on: 27 Apr 2007, 11:39:44 am
the ref was r hicks. i enjoyed watching him making a fool of himself its just a pity
there were two rugby teams that kept getting in the way I'll be watching next week
to see what happens next  :D :D ;D >:(
seriously though the game should be played again and the village idiot ref it to
teach hicks how to do it
and no I'm not volunteering!!!

Offline Billythekid

• Academy Signing
Reply #13 on: 29 Apr 2007, 08:23:16 pm
Haha, i detect i few Haven fans are a bit scared :D Cas and Widnes are going to smash you home and away

Monte2carlo

Reply #14 on: 29 Apr 2007, 08:29:06 pm
billythegoat, oh dear Haven have nothing to fear from Wierdness or Casssssssss

Monte