HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Challenge cup 2014

Guest · 29 · 2865

beermatt42

on: 19 Dec 2013, 04:23:08 pm
The RFL has expanded the competition this year to include 44 community clubs and they have promised that this years challenge cup will be the biggest yet, with 550 mile separating the most northerly and most southerly teams.
There will be new faces in the community clubs, including the Scottish and Welsh champions Aberdeen Warriors and Torfaen Tigers.
There will also be appearances from Bristol Sonics, Walney Central, South West London Chargers and the two university teams of Leeds Metropolitan University and Loughborough University.

The 44 community clubs will be drawn against each other on January 6th and will play the first two rounds on February 1st and February 22nd.  The Lucky Eleven remaining teams will then play the semi professionals in round three on March 15th/16th, with the Superleague clubs joining round four on the weekend of April 5th/6th and tickets for the final are on sale now apparently. 

The full list of the 44 community clubs are as follows:  Askam, Blackbrook, East Hull, Dewsbury Celtic, East Leeds, Egremont Rangers, Elland, Hull Dockers, Hunslet Warriors, Kells, Leigh Miners Rangers, Lock Lane, Milford Marlins, Millom, Myton Warriors, Normanton Knights, Oulton Raiders, Pilkington Recs, Rochdale Mayfield, Saddleworth Rangers, Shaw Cross Sharks, Siddal, Skirlaugh, Thatto Heath crusaders, Underbank Rangers, Wath Brow Hornets, West Hull, Wigan St Judes, Wigan St Patricks, Woolston Rovers, York Acorn, Bristol Sonics, British Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force, Leeds Metropolitan University, Loughborough University, Aberdeen Warriors, Great Britain Police, Torfaen Tigers, Halton Simms Cross, South West London Chargers, Walney Central, and Widnes St Maries. 

Good Luck to all of them!  :tip:
« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2013, 04:25:43 pm by beermatt42 »

beermatt42

Reply #1 on: 06 Jan 2014, 08:28:44 am
The draw takes place today, and that's it, another season has officially started  :)
I think i'll follow Loughborough University in the early rounds, if only just out of curiosity.
I was watching a programme about Loughborough University and they've got an excellent sports science unit with probably a better gym than some superleague clubs, rows and rows of bikes and running machines, proper hi tech stuff.
Good luck to everyone involved anyway, to Kells, Wath Brow, Woolston Rovers and yes, even the Simms Cross and St Mary's teams from Widnes.
Good luck one and all  :)

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 06 Jan 2014, 12:52:24 pm
Pointless trophy for the championship clubs, thanks to the gulf the RFL have created between championship and super league it makes it impossible for the championship clubs.

And now the RFL have taken away the NRC what do championship clubs have to aim for?
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

beermatt42

Reply #3 on: 06 Jan 2014, 12:55:50 pm
If Sheffield had beaten London Bronco's last year, they would have been in the semi's with Wigan, not bad for a Championship club facing an impossible gulf and having nothing to aim for.

All things are possible.
« Last Edit: 06 Jan 2014, 04:30:55 pm by beermatt42 »

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 06 Jan 2014, 03:33:55 pm
If Sheffield had beaten London Bronco's last year, they would have been in the semi's with Wigan, nop bad for a Championship club facing an impossible gulf and having nothing to aim for.

All things are possible.

London the worst team in super league made the best team in the championship look very average. That game only proved the gulf.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 06 Jan 2014, 03:48:56 pm
Sheffield Wer awfull in the game mate tbh

beermatt42

Reply #6 on: 06 Jan 2014, 05:10:06 pm
I've not found anything announcing the fixtures, perhaps they have been delayed with all the bad weather, maybe it's next week now.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 06 Jan 2014, 06:29:45 pm
Sheffield Wer awfull in the game mate tbh

So where London.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 06 Jan 2014, 06:41:04 pm
I've not found anything announcing the fixtures, perhaps they have been delayed with all the bad weather, maybe it's next week now.

Draw is on Weds evening, Radio Humberside just tweeted, they hosting it.

HW

beermatt42

Reply #9 on: 06 Jan 2014, 07:28:15 pm
Thanks pal. I'll keep an eye out.
« Last Edit: 06 Jan 2014, 07:33:52 pm by beermatt42 »

beermatt42

Reply #10 on: 07 Jan 2014, 08:50:20 am

Draw is on Weds evening, Radio Humberside just tweeted, they hosting it.

HW

Yes, and another thing Haven Warrior, I am still waiting for the fixtures to be released for this years magic weekend, once they released the superleague fixtures they said these would follow in December, still no sign of them!

What's  going on at the RFL, are they having a six week holiday?  I like going to the magic weekend but it would be nice to know who you are playing, on what day, and with which other teams during that day, come on the RFL, wake up and get your act together, it can't be that hard to contrive the usual derbies fixtures, why the delays with this and the Challenge cup?

beermatt42

Reply #11 on: 09 Jan 2014, 08:20:17 pm
Will you be going to any of those matches Fatha?
I might go to the Widnes St Maries match against Wigan St Judes, it's at the Widnes ground so we are guaranteed a good pitch, the only other home tie around here is the Woolston Rovers match over in Warrington but all they have got is a pitch in a local park, no clubhouse, just changing rooms at the nearby social club, their last clubhouse burnt down when some thief crashed a car into it  :D :D
They used to play at the Wilderspool though.

Widnes St Maries look a good enough side, they play in the North West Counties league and have finished top of the table winning all their home games, not bad, but they are up against a Conference premier team in St Judes they are in the same league as Wath Brow and Egremont so a bit of a step up for Widnes St Maries there.

It would be a good starter to the season anyway, good luck to anyone who is going to the Wath Brow, Kells, or Egremont matches anyway.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #12 on: 10 Jan 2014, 08:06:15 am
i will be at the kells game should be a cracker
born and bred haven.

Offline brianb

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 10 Jan 2014, 09:10:25 am
I will be going to the kells game too, get yourselves there they are worth watching.//

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 10 Jan 2014, 09:54:15 am
so who actually got wigan st judes?  kells or widnes st maries?
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good