HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

next season

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #15 on: 10 Feb 2014, 08:59:31 pm
a point raised on another is it may have been easier going down last season and trying to win the league this season ,than trying to finish 6th bottom in this league!!!
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #16 on: 10 Feb 2014, 09:02:41 pm
a point raised on another is it may have been easier going down last season and trying to win the league this season ,than trying to finish 6th bottom in this league!!!
champ1 will be a hard league to win next year better off where we are if we had got relegated we wouldn't have had the team we have now

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #17 on: 10 Feb 2014, 10:26:38 pm
Going to be hard for all of us but I think we might just surprise a few this season.
the only way is up.

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #18 on: 10 Feb 2014, 11:11:41 pm
Going to be hard for all of us but I think we might just surprise a few this season.
All three Cumbrian club's have tough 1st games to start the season,  they all need to get off to winning start.

ca28

Reply #19 on: 11 Feb 2014, 06:47:52 am
So long as there are three Cumbrian sides do well this coming season I'll be happy. It's going to be a very tight league. There are no teams which stand out as relegation fodder.

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #20 on: 11 Feb 2014, 09:43:17 am

I would like to think with the signings we've made that we should comfortably safe by the end of the season.

On paper i would say Town, Barrow, Swinton, Keighley and Rochdale are the weakest on paper. Doncaster will again be heavily dependant on Cooke (lets hope Father time has finally caught up with him). North Wales are an unknown quantity (i do hope if any team goes down its these lot). Dewsbury are again an unknown quantity.

I would also hope one of the 'big 5' have an off season and one of those get tangled up in it.

Our season will be defined by our half back pairing and the players we get on seasons long loans from Sts.

I also hope the teams with DR agreements dont become flooded with SL stars towards the end of the season in an attempt to save their skins. I dont see how DR is compatible with the new league system to be honest.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #21 on: 11 Feb 2014, 10:38:37 am
at the end of the day its not gonna be the end of the world for whoever goes down theres gonna be 5 going down plus 2 of oldham , york or hunslet (maybe all 3 ) staying in champ1 so it will be a competitive league in 2015