HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Sonny Bill Williams

Guest · 5 · 1600

beermatt42

on: 04 Dec 2013, 08:18:51 am
Sonny Bill Williams has just won the RLIF player of the year for 2013, beating competition from Danny Brough and Greg Inglis, he won the award at a hotel in Manchester last night.
No doubt the organisers have considered his successful cross-over from Rugby Union, and his Successful year in Sydney and the NRL.

I still think they should have waited until the World Cup was over before drawing up the shortlist, surely there could have been a late inclusion for Johnathan Thurston perhaps?  I don't watch much NRL and don't know how this season went, but unlike Sonny Bill Williams, Johnathan Thurston never put a foot wrong in the World Cup this year, he has a good Rugby brain, is the best stand off in the World and hardly missed a goal during the World Cup.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 04 Dec 2013, 08:56:06 am
Agree with you about Thurston 100% beermatt.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #2 on: 04 Dec 2013, 09:50:31 am
slater and thurston were awesome on saturday world class
born and bred haven.

beermatt42

Reply #3 on: 04 Dec 2013, 10:12:13 am
Yes, I also thought Slammin' Sam Thaiday had an excellent World Cup, making more tackles than most, a formidable prop and Captain of the Brisbane Bronco's, i'm surprised he wasn't in with a shout either.
Mind you I don't suppose they will mind so much, I think they will be happy enough going home with the World Cup to worry about anything else.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 05 Dec 2013, 05:04:59 pm
IMO Sam burgess is the best player in the world at the moment