HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Amy jones case

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
on: 31 Dec 2013, 11:59:38 am
Anybody care to give the general jist of this case? I know it's from round here and involves CBC

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 31 Dec 2013, 12:21:41 pm
Apparently a lady on facebook called herself Amy Jones, this Amy Jones then is supposed to have made 'cyber bullying' comments to two labour councillors Mssrs Ross and Greatorix [who supposedly had made adverse comments to the or and the council and leader] and to have posted comments that were generally supportive of CBC. Seemingly it was thought that Amy Jones was non other than our leader EW. One of the guys put in an official complaint and as you can see in the WN an in house [almost] panel found her not guilty then after an appeal a second panel also found her not guilty. in the meantime right after the complaint was made the Amy Jones account was closed down. facebook can't divulge the real identity of Amy Jones unless it comes in the form of a request by the police. What is strange if you read htrough the account in the WN that these two panels don't seem to have actually asked her [EW] if she is in fact AJ, nor did they check CBC equipment 'on hire' as it were to EW to see if it had been used for private use and was used to create or communicate as AJ. It's like a script off a soap on TV. Ew seems to be claiming at's some kind of set up or personal vendetta. Again what is strange is that a while ago it was thought a council mole was leaking things to the press and all phones and computers were checked, however in this instance they did not follow through on the same policy

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 01 Jan 2014, 08:42:55 am
* I've deleted this post because I realized that I had gone into the New Year thinking of that horrendous time when people around me were exposing the worst of themselves and I really don't want that think of that sort of negativity in the New Year.

The use of alias' does happen in this area...I've experienced it. Its a shame.

« Last Edit: 01 Jan 2014, 05:04:02 pm by J.D. Raaz »