HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Albion square

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
on: 10 Jan 2014, 11:41:15 am
On a much more optimistic note, has anyone noticed the wrappers are off part of the Albion square development? If so what do you think of i? I think it's fantastic - though I am a fan of modern architecture! Lets not dwell on the traffic problem that may or may not occur. Though I have heard the toilets are coming down as early as next week. If so the wrappers may have come off to ofset their demolistion so maybe it's a bit cynical. nevertheless I think it looks great and of course well done 'sellafield'  :tip: especially for keeping CBC at arms length even though our leader takes credit for it.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2014, 11:45:50 am
Toilets coming down, so if the council ever become in a better financial position they won't e able to re open them, great work CBC
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2014, 01:28:03 pm
I have a feeling when the toilets have gone, the road layout will be changed.  ;)

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2014, 02:16:05 pm
I have a feeling when the toilets have gone, the road layout will be changed.  ;)
That's why they were closed, sold off to allow a bigger roundabout to be built, allegedly!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 10 Jan 2014, 02:48:56 pm
Does anyone know if the 'mothballed' toilets in the multi story are still there?

Offline JHs Lad

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 10 Jan 2014, 05:00:41 pm
That's why they were closed, sold off to allow a bigger roundabout to be built, allegedly!

Apparently new ASDA superstore on roundabout  :D

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 10 Jan 2014, 07:14:28 pm
The toilets in the multi storey are still there as are the ones in the market hall just need a bit of TLC, or complete refurbishment would be another way of putting it !

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 18 Mar 2014, 06:18:17 pm
So I was right all along, toilets being demolished tomorrow because of a widening road and roundabout.
Nuclear money can buy whatever they want, council saw the pound signs I'm afraid!!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 18 Mar 2014, 07:32:17 pm
So I was right all along, toilets being demolished tomorrow because of a widening road and roundabout.
Nuclear money can buy whatever they want, council saw the pound signs I'm afraid!!
Shocking thing to do.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 18 Mar 2014, 07:44:00 pm
Does anyone like the outer appearance of the new offices, don't know if that grey stuff is the final finish (is it lead or I guess imitation) all looks very dark and satanic ......... 

Offline JHs Lad

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 18 Mar 2014, 08:44:49 pm
Does anyone like the outer appearance of the new offices, don't know if that grey stuff is the final finish (is it lead or I guess imitation) all looks very dark and satanic .........

Lessons have to be learned I think grey matches the mood going forward  ;)

Offline flipflop

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 18 Mar 2014, 09:35:51 pm
ask Allerdale if they want 1000 workers in their town centre and they'll snap your hands off

Offline branstymarra

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 18 Mar 2014, 10:00:14 pm
I cant believe that what we see is the finished appearance of the building, there are penal institutions with more attractive facades.