HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

radio commentary this season

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
on: 19 Jan 2014, 03:57:09 pm
Do we know if Radio Cumbria are going to provide their Commentary on Cumbrian RL? If this is not the case could the Trust in Haven perhaps take up the slack (this might encourage more members to join among the "exiles")?

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2014, 04:29:19 pm
dave farrel could do it .
 hes got face for radio .

Offline fazza

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2014, 06:45:28 pm
dave farrel could do it .
 hes got face for radio .

Thanks for that !NOT  :what?!: ::) ;)

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 19 Jan 2014, 09:44:11 pm
Come on Dave, We go back a long way, we both know that it is true  John S

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 20 Jan 2014, 09:05:26 am
Have they found a replacement for Coxy yet ?

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #5 on: 20 Jan 2014, 09:18:07 am
Have they found a replacement for Coxy yet ?
yes young jordan weir
born and bred haven.

Offline JHs Lad

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 20 Jan 2014, 10:13:57 am
Jordan Weir would do an excellent job and gets my vote.

Online HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #7 on: 20 Jan 2014, 01:02:13 pm
Currently in the hands of radio Cumbria at the moment,  not much I can say

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 20 Jan 2014, 02:57:25 pm
Good luck Jordan, perhaps we could all ring Border radio to voice concerns that there is a perception about that the service is to be axed and how much we are all against that.

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 20 Jan 2014, 04:14:38 pm
at least if no radio cmmentary there be no more armchair supporters. the true fans are the ones who pay the addmision money.

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #10 on: 20 Jan 2014, 04:24:54 pm
at least if no radio cmmentary there be no more armchair supporters. the true fans are the ones who pay the addmision money.

Again, what constitutes a "real Fan"?   Some cannot attend through the lack of funding.  Some cannot attend through working commitments.  Some cannot attend due to family commitments.  Some cannot attend through ill-health.  Just because they have either of the above constraints, does not make them an armchair supporter and no less of a fan than someone who attends the game.  I, myself last year suffered serious ill-health and it was not possible to attend games and radio commentary was my only possible connection. 

This "true fan" thing is just ridiculous and does not prove anything because they cannot get to a game.  Give it up and support in whatever way you can.   
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline branstymarra

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 20 Jan 2014, 04:26:12 pm
whats your definition of "armchair" supporters are you including the disabled who have probably watched more games than you have had hot dinners but are now housebound or the people who have to work on sundays

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 20 Jan 2014, 05:02:56 pm
I personally know an old lady who pays £2 every week to the pools guy because her late husband was a fan of long standing, she has never been to a rugby league match in her life [true story though maybe now she doesn't because she is in a care home] and ahe paid it out of memory of a true fan, I would say that old lady is a true fan! True fans come in all shapes and sizes and levels of contribution to the club. What we should be doing is realising that contribution and encouraging that individual to do more and more and get greater involvement. If they are in the sweep ask them if they fancy a complimentary ticket to a game, if they already come to a game ask them to join a committee, if they come to a game and run a business ask them would they do a little sponsorship etc etc and gradually build on what we have not lambast someone because they are not 'uber' involved.

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 20 Jan 2014, 05:14:46 pm
Sorry but are we saying Coxy RIP? That lad has given many years of service to Radio Cumbria and to Haven. Myself consider him as a good friend and have always have had nothing but the best of respect here an abroad. Still enjoying the book I recommended to you John about food in the Auverne? come on you can break your silence now.

Dave Moore
Allez haven

Been supporting Haven since Gus Risman stood on my new mac. My ma gave me hell!

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #14 on: 20 Jan 2014, 05:43:22 pm
at least if no radio commentary there be no more armchair supporters. the true fans are the ones who pay the addmission
on money.
   I have followed Whitehaven R L Club since their first game in 1948, I now live in Canada but when I'm back in Whitehaven I always go to their game's, are you saying I'm not a true Fan or do you expect me to travel every other weekend for the home games,
       P.S I will be in Whitehaven June 1st for the home game against Sheffield  >:( >:( >:( >:(