HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

radio commentary this season

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 20 Jan 2014, 06:22:53 pm
Well you could make a bit of an effort, you are not that far away  :D :D :tip: :tip: remember poor Kenny Burns went to Canada and had a dreadful accident - really ruined his and Ivy's life so sad.

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #16 on: 20 Jan 2014, 07:50:55 pm
Well you could make a bit of an effort, you are not that far away  :D :D :tip: :tip: remember poor Kenny Burns went to Canada and had a dreadful accident - really ruined his and Ivy's life so sad.
I remember that accident  very well Cran Cran, Kenny and Ivy were visiting a very good friend of mine Jimmy ( plumby ) Young sadly Jimmy died in the accident.  :( :( :( :(

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 20 Jan 2014, 09:07:37 pm
Yes remember Jimmy from the old days in the supporters club, from memory I think he was on the committee before he went to Canada and [what was his wife's name] kenny went out to visit him not too long after he was settled and it all ended so sadly, as I speak I can see Jimmy standing at the bar with Kenny a couple of nights before they emmigrated and we had a do for them - must be what 35/40 years ago now? Poor Ivy still battles on though.

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #18 on: 20 Jan 2014, 09:34:16 pm
Yes remember Jimmy from the old days in the supporters club, from memory I think he was on the committee before he went to Canada and [what was his wife's name] kenny went out to visit him not too long after he was settled and it all ended so sadly, as I speak I can see Jimmy standing at the bar with Kenny a couple of nights before they emmigrated and we had a do for them - must be what 35/40 years ago now? Poor Ivy still battles on though.
Jimmy and I came to Canada the same year 1974 I think he was killed in 1980, I think his wife's name was Maureen Dockerty a local beauty queen from Cleator Moor.
« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2014, 09:40:56 pm by noahrob »

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 20 Jan 2014, 10:12:16 pm
at least if no radio cmmentary there be no more armchair supporters. the true fans are the ones who pay the addmision money.

People rely on Radio Commentary to follow away games. I believe about 45 max travel on the Supporters bus most games, so we are really struggling for True Fans according to you 4020. I suppose you are one if those ardent away fans, by your criticism.

HW

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #20 on: 21 Jan 2014, 07:57:20 am
im on about home games. any how many times has coxy got it wrong . or got side tracked with football?.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #21 on: 21 Jan 2014, 08:51:35 am
I suppose things like that do happen, all adds to the charm of his commentary, would prefer his honest broadcasts with mistakes bias [good] and all, to the corporate twaddle babble of the Sky duo any day of the week.

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #22 on: 21 Jan 2014, 09:04:02 am
I believe young Mr. Weir would be an excellent choice to provide game coverage. As someone who relies on match day radio reporting I've enjoyed (and learned) each time he has provided commentary.

On the subject of John Cox, I realize that there are many that have a wide-range of opinions regarding his services but I truly believe that each of us should recognize just how hard at times John worked to make sure that away games were covered.

The year we arrived in Championship 1 Mr. Cox traveled to some facilities where broadcasting capability was difficult if not near impossible. John was relentless in his efforts to make sure that if there was any way the match could be reported it would happen.

I hope the Club does something this year to recognize the media contributions of both Mr. Cox and Mr. Irving. Whilst we as fans can discuss content there can be no doubt that both gentlemen worked to deliver a product for Whitehaven and the community.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 21 Jan 2014, 09:22:55 am
im on about home games. any how many times has coxy got it wrong . or got side tracked with football?.

So if you live in and around yorkshire/manchester and attend all away games, but can't afford to go to home games, your not a true fan. :D Small **** syndrome me thinks. Loser.

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #24 on: 21 Jan 2014, 01:49:47 pm
whitey u talk some poop

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #25 on: 21 Jan 2014, 02:24:09 pm
Fourty twenty, ignore Whitey12..........,  unfortunately he and a certain Recreation Ground Faithful supporter spend their time reading the most ridiculous inferences into the most innocent and often well meaning comments on here...... they have almost sickened me off with their poor attitude to certain areas of open discussion.
« Last Edit: 21 Jan 2014, 07:21:09 pm by cbandg01 »

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #26 on: 21 Jan 2014, 02:26:17 pm
we get a good away support from not just the ones on the bus. if they cant make home games so be it at least there with us away.
born and bred haven.

beermatt42

Reply #27 on: 21 Jan 2014, 02:30:12 pm
Well i'll definitely be at the Wrexham match, it's not far for me, living in Cheshire.
I can't speak for other people of course, but it's likely Slammin' Sam will also turn up, Crusaders being his local club in North Wales.
I'm also considering the Rochdale and Leigh matches, these are a lot easier for me than travelling the 90 odd miles to Whitehaven each fortnight.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #28 on: 21 Jan 2014, 02:59:47 pm
Well i'll definitely be at the Wrexham match, it's not far for me, living in Cheshire.
I can't speak for other people of course, but it's likely Slammin' Sam will also turn up, Crusaders being his local club in North Wales.
I'm also considering the Rochdale and Leigh matches, these are a lot easier for me than travelling the 90 odd miles to Whitehaven each fortnight.
well done matt see you there
born and bred haven.

Offline Exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #29 on: 21 Jan 2014, 05:11:21 pm
I will be at crusades game home and away I will be on crusaders supporters bus with my have shirt on in feb also get to some haven away games in lancs
We all hate town,and we all hate town